Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124504 times)

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21015 on: March 22, 2012, 10:53:32 pm »

The mountain I'm on has such small space between each Z-Level that my Buffalo and Donkey can only get a 3x3 area to graze on.

I expect to see them fighting soon. Eh, I need the meat anyway.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21016 on: March 22, 2012, 10:55:57 pm »

Great. My farming's going to have to be done at the base of the mountain. Which leaves my dwarves quite vunerable.

TIME TO HAVE SOME FUN
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21017 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57:29 pm »

Sure enough, Stukos Oarshock has another FB kill to her credit.  That makes 4 now.

My High Master Bone Doctor got fire-breathed on twice... with no obvious ill effects... yet.

Flying FBs are more exciting than the usual version.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21018 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:31 pm »

Great. My farming's going to have to be done at the base of the mountain. Which leaves my dwarves quite vunerable.

TIME TO HAVE SOME FUN

Walls around the farm area, glass roofing = outside, sunny, but safe.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21019 on: March 22, 2012, 11:04:57 pm »

There's basically no soil here, though. Just limestone and sand. Even the base of the mountain has just sand. So I basically can't farm.

......this is going to be Fun.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21020 on: March 22, 2012, 11:08:53 pm »

I have, by complete accident, stumbled across raw jade!

Praise Armok! Now I can have useless pink shit and die!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21021 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:16 pm »

Giant wolf spiders continue to menace the settlement. A coupel dogs went and got themselves killed, and one wolf spider decided to get ichor all over one of the pill boxes when the melee squad, galvanized by the dog bravly defending the gate alone, rushed out and soundly bludgeoned the spider to death.

Caravan came, bearing only what I asked from them: A couple spare autogun mags, two stubguns and a couple autoguns, some hides I hope I can eventually use to brew Wildsnake, and a few bars of ferroplas and carbide, which will be used to make a pair of spears and some stubguns respectivly.

Now all my rifle men will have over elaborate cudgles!

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21022 on: March 22, 2012, 11:27:37 pm »

Great, my trade depot is literally impossible to get to.

Wait....how did my dwarves get up there in the first place then?!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21023 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:19 pm »

Wagons can't reach it is what that means. might need to widen the entrance to it if it's below ground/walled in. Pack critters can reach ti just fine though.

I now have three hiver ready tp pitch a fit cause one has been on patrol too long, and the other two's dogs got killed doing thier damn job protecting the settlement.

Also it seems some of my soldiers are more bloodthirsty than others, with some reveling in killing others more just becoming traumatized by it. I also decided to arm a squad with my excess of rockdrills and now picture soldiers having to foist big-ass drills on thier shoulders and smashing the bit into targets.

!!Urist Unfortune!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Binary logic. Invaders=true, MagmaPump=True
    • View Profile
« Reply #21024 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:43 pm »

Currently digging out a massive cavern/tree farm complete with ponds filled with fish.
However my fisherdwarf wont catch any fish live. I have terrariums and animal traps, but the fisher just sits in the carpenters shop doing nothing.
Anyone else have this problem?
Im playing 34.03
Quote from: Creamcorn on March 12, 2010, 04:01:25 pm
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21025 on: March 22, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »

Wagons can't reach it is what that means. might need to widen the entrance to it if it's below ground/walled in. Pack critters can reach ti just fine though.

Well, my problem is that I embarked on the side of a mountain, 6-zlevels from the base. I have no idea how I'm supposed to get wagons up there is there is literally no area that's 3 tiles wide on the mountain.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21026 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:01 pm »

The otherwise routine execution of an Goblin Axe Lord resulted in the axe lord being chopped into about 7 different pieces.  Messy.
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21027 on: March 22, 2012, 11:51:42 pm »

The otherwise routine execution of a Goblin Axe Lord resulted in the axe lord being chopped into about 7 different pieces.  Messy. Excellent.

Fix'd  :P

Well, my problem is that I embarked on the side of a mountain, 6-zlevels from the base. I have no idea how I'm supposed to get wagons up there is there is literally no area that's 3 tiles wide on the mountain.

Make a way up yourself using the channel command and build ramps up. Additionally, you can have it protected by walls the whole way up, with soldiers stationed at the base and a couple towers w/ xbowdorfs to watch caravans/maul ambushers, as well as funnel sieges.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21028 on: March 23, 2012, 12:06:02 am »

Abandoned my fort because I was getting bored. Also wanted to go into adventure mode and stuff. Probably gen a new world and make that my new Fortress Mode world. This one is too... predictable.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21029 on: March 23, 2012, 12:07:23 am »

It turns out that Forgotten Beasts made of green glass take a very long time to kill.

61 pages of combat text worth, vs. a couple squads of legendary/grand master military dwarves.

I'll have to see if any my dwarves develop any horrid syndromes -- this thing had deadly spittle.

It left behind "Oda Iluobi's green glass" -- Basic Value 0, Weight 23762.   :o
Pages: 1 ... 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 ... 3842