Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121095 times)

VeryGod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20880 on: March 19, 2012, 04:49:04 pm »

Just had lots of fun, a goblin ambush was kind enough to reduce my population from seventy eight to a mere eight!

FUN!

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20881 on: March 19, 2012, 04:56:08 pm »

Human caravans are as prissy about making a gigantic profit as elves are prissy about wood.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20882 on: March 19, 2012, 05:09:39 pm »

Just had lots of fun, a goblin ambush was kind enough to reduce my population from seventy eight to a mere eight!

FUN!

What, a single ambush? Have you not heard of these fancy new-fangled inventions called "military"? Or "walls" for that matter? :P

Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

VeryGod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20883 on: March 19, 2012, 05:18:45 pm »

FUN!

What, a single ambush? Have you not heard of these fancy new-fangled inventions called "military"? Or "walls" for that matter? :P

Yeah, I was actually in the process of making a military, but the goblins beat me to the punch. I had just gotten a migrant wave of forty or so dwarrow, and was making weapons and armor for them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that due to a lack foresight on my part, during all the commotion the well was overflowing. Flooding the lower levels of the fort.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:21:55 pm by VeryGod »

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20884 on: March 19, 2012, 06:03:31 pm »

First Artefact in the fortress:

Rovod Idathmorul, Blacksmith has created Tomemavuz, a steel statue of Kikrost Handletombs!

This is a steel statue of Kikrost Handletombs. All Craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.
The item is a masterfully designed image of Kikrost Handletombs the dwarf and dwarves in steel by Rovod Idathmorul. Kikrost Handletombs is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Kikrost Handletombs to the position of queen of The Legendary Irons in 101.
It is encircled with bands of steel. This object menaces with spikes of chestnut.

Value: 127200
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20885 on: March 19, 2012, 06:09:58 pm »

Human caravans are as prissy about making a gigantic profit as elves are prissy about wood.

you mean you don't have a trader by now with enormous negotiating talent? the migrants have enough of it. Secondly, you don't have a great heap of useless jumk lying around?

And what could you possibly want from humans that is worth that much. You're not an elf, are you?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20886 on: March 19, 2012, 06:17:36 pm »

Metal bars, wood, booze, meltable stuff. That's genrally what I buy from them. :P

Try trading in several smaller steps, should cut down dramatically on their tendency to demand more and on their tendency to get angry and leave. A judge of intent helps in that regard too.

FUN!

Yeah, I was actually in the process of making a military, but the goblins beat me to the punch. I had just gotten a migrant wave of forty or so dwarrow, and was making weapons and armor for them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that due to a lack foresight on my part, during all the commotion the well was overflowing. Flooding the lower levels of the fort.

Ooh harsh.
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #20887 on: March 19, 2012, 06:33:10 pm »

It is okay, when I was new to the whole, building a moat thing, I would not remember where the underground of my base was, so the water would flood my base, of course this also happened when i was about to go to bed. So I like to blame fatigue on that. So yeah... Good times of everyone drowning from the nearby river...
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #20888 on: March 19, 2012, 07:07:10 pm »

i only ever flooded once, 2 years ago trying to make a waterfall on my very first try of DF.

Right now im on a Necromancer Tower!building a fort under it, oh the artifacts in their (about 50) all books. I have food supplies ready but water and booze isnt ready. also one absentminded dwarf spawned in the tower on embark, instadead.

anyone wanna hear what happens as it happens? i can keep posting while playing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:10:10 pm by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

VeryGod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20889 on: March 19, 2012, 07:30:21 pm »

i only ever flooded once, 2 years ago trying to make a waterfall on my very first try of DF.

Right now im on a Necromancer Tower!building a fort under it, oh the artifacts in their (about 50) all books. I have food supplies ready but water and booze isnt ready. also one absentminded dwarf spawned in the tower on embark, instadead.

anyone wanna hear what happens as it happens? i can keep posting while playing.

Sounds like fun, keep us updated.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #20890 on: March 19, 2012, 07:42:46 pm »

Ah dam :/ my mum took the only pc to finish an Essay so il be back on it (I'm on phone now) in max of 4-7 hours :(

Also I'm starting a thread in a forum for the fort, il link when it's up.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105088.new#new
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:48:26 pm by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20891 on: March 19, 2012, 08:41:00 pm »

Mayor Vampire prohibited exports of coffins. Also, the moment I allowed him out of his room for a while, he killed the captain of the guard. He is clever, this one. I laughed when he finished feeding and gladly dragged the corpse across the fort to the dead body stockpile.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20892 on: March 19, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

Meanwhile, in the middle of a difficult goblin seige (two groups which my marksdwarves are having trouble picking off.

... composed of WHAT now?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20893 on: March 19, 2012, 09:33:07 pm »

I just tried modding spoiler metal to be much more common, and in my first wave of migrants, I get something like "your ruler has arrived dressed as a peasent."  I went to look, and it is the Queen vampire, with over 1,600 kills.  Shortly after that, an ambush appears, and I draft all of my new wave of immigrants (everyone else died in the first year ambush), and the queen killed 6 goblins with her bare hands, shattering bones left and right with punches.  Even after they started tearing muscles and injured her spine she was chuck norris punching goblins left and right. 

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20894 on: March 19, 2012, 09:34:20 pm »

Armok demands one peasent a year for the mighty Queen Norris-vampire.
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 3842