Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121409 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20835 on: March 18, 2012, 03:51:04 pm »

Add five plump helmet men to the total.

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #20836 on: March 18, 2012, 03:53:57 pm »

ANother goblin attack came while we were trying to bring in Gladius (Dead gladiusdorf. Original, I know.) and our little goblinite haul, this time a hammer squad led by a pikegob.

First to make contact was a speardorf who happened to eb topside when I activated all enlisted dorfs. She stabbed a charging hammergob in the leg, and then in the head. I was all "Wait, wtf just happened?" when the goblin just dropped dead. As everyone charged, a speardorf who was hauling Gladius', well, gladius  did this after slicing the nerves in his leg:

The battle isn't over, but the gladius squad sergeant lopped his lower arm off.

My dwarves must have really been fond of Gladius. Oh, and one was taken prisoner and will be sacrificed to Armok when the fighting is over.

Has he still got the tongue? Just out of interest...
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20837 on: March 18, 2012, 03:54:20 pm »

Abandoned. Too many deaths from falling into a river when there is no earthly possible way to fall into it because my bridges are walled off. After 3 savescum attempts, it's not worth it anymore, even though my map is awesome.

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #20838 on: March 18, 2012, 03:58:09 pm »

Despite surviving 3 sieges during The War of Traps (2 dwarf losses, and a dog), and losing 9 random dwarfs to our 3 resident vampires, it takes the death of a woodcrafter (I'm not entirely sure who he was exactly) to kick off what looks to be a horrific tantrum spiral.

So far no deaths, but with 178 dwarfs and 23 of them close to the edge, I'm predicting a fall. Updates to follow! (and here: http://daggerbite.blogspot.com/2012/03/overseers-note-tantrums.html)

EDIT: and a minotaur has just come to pay a visit. Actionnails the Hatchet of Sculptures
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20839 on: March 18, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »

ANother goblin attack came while we were trying to bring in Gladius (Dead gladiusdorf. Original, I know.) and our little goblinite haul, this time a hammer squad led by a pikegob.

First to make contact was a speardorf who happened to eb topside when I activated all enlisted dorfs. She stabbed a charging hammergob in the leg, and then in the head. I was all "Wait, wtf just happened?" when the goblin just dropped dead. As everyone charged, a speardorf who was hauling Gladius', well, gladius  did this after slicing the nerves in his leg:

The battle isn't over, but the gladius squad sergeant lopped his lower arm off.

My dwarves must have really been fond of Gladius. Oh, and one was taken prisoner and will be sacrificed to Armok when the fighting is over.

Has he still got the tongue? Just out of interest...

Sadly no, he spat it our after the pikegob got seperated from his lower arm.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20840 on: March 18, 2012, 04:23:33 pm »

Some deadly dust FB just nearly killed itself with it's deadly dust  :P

And now it killed my hammerdwarf via suffocation. Pff, i've got enough of this fort.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:26:54 pm by Naryar »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20841 on: March 18, 2012, 04:24:16 pm »

Abandoned. Too many deaths from falling into a river when there is no earthly possible way to fall into it because my bridges are walled off. After 3 savescum attempts, it's not worth it anymore, even though my map is awesome.

let me guess: waterfall?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20842 on: March 18, 2012, 04:32:05 pm »

Yeah. Tired of dealing with deaths that don't make sense.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20843 on: March 18, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »

It makes perfect sense. Probably missed a corner and they diagonal pathed through it.

And when have you known dwarves to use logic?

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20844 on: March 18, 2012, 04:57:27 pm »

It makes perfect sense. Probably missed a corner and they diagonal pathed through it.

And when have you known dwarves to use logic?

It was walled off. Somehow the Elf merchants kept falling into it everytime they left my fort.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20845 on: March 18, 2012, 05:04:33 pm »

Might have been a small spot, ramp or some other nonsense. They thought they could use it and it killed them.

And you say the elves dying via nature killing them like its a bad thing....

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20846 on: March 18, 2012, 05:29:48 pm »

One of my miners got out of hospital and went back to work. Took very long to cross a short distance and then took long (even for only talented miner) to actually mine. Someone picker her up and brought her back to bed. :'(
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Stil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20847 on: March 18, 2012, 05:37:33 pm »

8 Babies in a single season! Amok's beard. Still, good snatcher bait - one of my best rangers carries her lil' un when hunting and it's always *THIS* child that the snatchers chose to abduct. As soon as they touch the baby (they always slice it's limbs for some reason, poor kid is going to grow up tough or a cripple) my huntress lets off a few masterwork bolts at point blank range.

Considering using (orphaned?) children as bait now, it's about time they pulled their weight.
"This in particular, simply because it's so siggable." Ironyowl

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20848 on: March 18, 2012, 05:42:57 pm »

Beginning to think fortress is having population boom.

1 baby boy killed in previous hammer ambush cause mom carried him into battle (Like every other mother who was a soldier does.)

2 childeren migrate, and 10 kids are born within four days of eachother.

Ok, I'm not complaining about thier skills, but my population has more ex-soldiers than anything else, and this migrant wave STILL isn't done.

My polearm squads are almost filled to max, as is a hammer squad. And I don't have enough weapons or armor for them all. Or beds. Or probably booze.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20849 on: March 18, 2012, 06:00:21 pm »

Got a vampire problem; noticed a dead woodworker in his room. Thankfully, he was a friendless, familyless migrant. Already IDed the vamp as well; another useless migrant, this one a fishery worker. Lever room is being built.

Hahahah. Just after I posted that, another one (mediocre-skill marksdwarf) showed up. Now they get to be walled in together. :3
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:17:07 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 3842