Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121290 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20805 on: March 18, 2012, 12:22:46 am »

A pair of thieves and a goblin ambush hit during the caravan season with home.

Both thieves were promptly slaughtered and having nearly the entire fortress bear down on them, armed and armored, prompted a hasty retreat after one hammergob was caged, one of two squad leaders killed, and a hammergob swarmed by a combination of milita and caravan guards.

Army got a pair of new daggers, a couple helmets, shields, fancy hammer, and a couple breastplates out of it, and, despite civies being stupid and running into the open instead of the fortress, no-one was killed. Except the goblins.

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20806 on: March 18, 2012, 02:12:48 am »

It's snowing frozen goblin blood

The whole map is blood red

I LOVE THIS

ZZmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20807 on: March 18, 2012, 03:30:18 am »

So fun happened one of my dwarf children had a mood and got legendary in masonry, Mayor Urist McVamp ate him.... levers make a great distraction when you want to pull an operation meteor on some one. also last five forts i had wound up with vamp mayors any one else having this trend happen?
DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20808 on: March 18, 2012, 04:43:57 am »

Trying to make a working embark on duped raws.
Isnt going too wel.
Trees are non-existant, things crash alot, i can only embark as crocodiles without eyelids that cant grasp anything...
LETS TRY MOAR!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20809 on: March 18, 2012, 04:53:44 am »

Dwarven caravan arrived in the middle of a siege, and it looks like the gobbies managed to "kill" one of the wagons...

yeah... right after toady removes material mandates we can finally fulfill wagon wood earring mandates.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20810 on: March 18, 2012, 07:19:25 am »

Finding nothing but lead. No iron.
Gonna make me tons of lead bolts.

I take that back. Don't see lead anywhere in the menu of the metalsmith's shop. Unless it's another type of iron or whatever.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:25:08 am by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20811 on: March 18, 2012, 07:44:03 am »

Finding nothing but lead. No iron.
Gonna make me tons of lead bolts.
Galena?
Silver is nice for bolts too.
but i bet lead is equally awesome.
if it only had some kind of lead poisoning syndrome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20812 on: March 18, 2012, 08:17:54 am »

Razorpacked's great blacksmith went moody, so I had to set up a forge and smelter somewhat earlier than expected.  For the most boring artifact I have ever seen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Besides lead, I have plenty of silver and precious little else.  Time for war hammers, perhaps?
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20813 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:56 am »

I think I just had my first berserked pony. First her foal was killed, then I was only in the process of building the burial ziggurat, so the body started decaying. And then the foal rose as a ghost, which drove her over the edge.
Fortunately, it occured in the presence of several heavily armed ponies, so there was no collateral... but I still feel kinda bad. :/

On a more positive note, two artifact crossbows (one normal, one LFR Arbalest).

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20814 on: March 18, 2012, 09:23:04 am »

Just got a copy of the latest release, and loaded in my favourite mods and all. Started a new fort to see what was new, using an embark with a neutral mountain, evil plains, and good forest.... and find out what new things mark evil areas apart - a rain of filthy slime. Just as well no one was assigned to chop wood in that area...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #20815 on: March 18, 2012, 09:37:19 am »

Just finished off analysing our 3rd siege of the same year - The Eviscerated Onslaught

Highlights include a dwarf caravan guard Shorast Trailhatchets the Savage Summit of Cities who took down 5 invaders in close combat. A goblin stabbed him in the foot and twisted the blade around - Shorast responded by hacking the gobbo in the hand! Shorast survived, so hopefully we'll see him again.

We lost our vampire surprise unit as well. I'd expected him to make a dent in the assault, but unfortunately hadn't had time to train, armour or weaponise the fiend. He went down fast.

Also grim death of the siege award goes to our suicide charging herbalist Rakust, who was swarmed by gobbos, lashed all over by whips and stabbed in the lips by a two-handed sword - causing him to vomit. A goblin decided to bite him on the stomach too (dirty b*****d!) until eventually he was limbed and expired. I'm not sure if he was sock collecting or what, but he ignored his burrow commands and paid the ultimate price!

Daggerbite Prevails!!
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20816 on: March 18, 2012, 09:49:44 am »

but I still feel kinda bad. :/

You should, you replaced wholesome Dwarfs with parti-coloured prancing ponies.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20817 on: March 18, 2012, 09:55:47 am »

but I still feel kinda bad. :/

You should, you replaced wholesome Dwarfs with parti-coloured prancing ponies.
Zardoz teaches that the pony is good!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20818 on: March 18, 2012, 10:12:47 am »

So I have lost four dwarves to a goblin attack, including a military and my only worthwhile armorsmith (which happened to be one of the original seven) and a good part of the fort is unhappy.

As we are mourning, spring happens, some elf diplomat appears, tells me I have disrespected the trees of this area and warns me. Smug asshole. I have cut no trees, just giant fungi.

Who the hell does he think he is ? He shouldn't even know. And i have harmed no trees.

Currently he's running away from my military.

Oh wait, he took a spear shot to the foot. Now I stopped, cuz I don't want to kill him, but teach the elves a lesson.

Crawl back to your queen, Nithe Ardentglen, and tell her to NOT mess with the dwarves's underground business. We're not harming your trees, so leave us to our fungi cutting !

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:16:11 am by Naryar »

ZinePlex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20819 on: March 18, 2012, 12:28:35 pm »

So far, this bunny has defended my fortress better than anything else I have!

I love taking things out of context.

Does that mean I'm creative, or nuts ?

Most likely creatively nuts. How else can the bunny survive 2 forgotten beasts, 2 merchant caravans, 2 troll squads, 4 goblin squads of various weapon types, 1 giant, 1 minotaur, 3 goblin ambushes, 4 kobold ambushes, and for some odd reason undead merchants that continued to pound on it after being turned in the creeping gloom cloud. We'll see if the invincible soccer ball bunny with 50 bolts sticking out of it survives a dragon breath blast....
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 3842