Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120806 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20790 on: March 17, 2012, 06:27:24 pm »

He has turned friendly in recognition of you either obliterating competitors, or as a sign that he is now you're vassle.

Either way you win.

Awesome. He done got a vassal animalman/tribe.

No, what I have is a murderess who I want dead, but I can't just have her smashed because that would trigger loyalty problems. Rest of her tribe is dead as several doornails, though.

any creature that gains a name becomes friendly to you. If there's a war in the caverns you'll have a lot of friends when it's over.
Any creature? Wha, no. Only (cave-)animal people it seems. Actual (wild) animals just turn into named (wild) animals. I assume goblins and the like who gain another name also remain hostile.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20791 on: March 17, 2012, 06:30:04 pm »

I'd consider them a vassal anyway. If they have any stuff laying ouround it's free for the taking now. not that that's an issue now.

This has to be the best embark I've ever had. Volcano raising up perfectly, iron, lead, gold, and silver out the ass, and even some aluminum!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20792 on: March 17, 2012, 06:30:42 pm »

Beware my friends, the minotaurs have discovered the ultimate in anti-armor technology!

Spoiler: gamelog (click to show/hide)

Beware the green glass vials! Even ☼Steel☼ is no match!
In actuality the minotaur stole that vial from another swordsman that he turned into a pretzel.  But still, deadly thing.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20793 on: March 17, 2012, 06:33:27 pm »

Turned into a pretzel? Intriguing, go on.
I'd consider them a vassal anyway. If they have any stuff laying ouround it's free for the taking now. not that that's an issue now.

Goodie, some leather and some wooden spears. :P
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20794 on: March 17, 2012, 06:39:01 pm »

Turned into a pretzel? Intriguing, go on.

Goodie, some leather and some wooden spears. :P

Ah bite me. Leather's useful at least.

526 kills, all goblins. And no, not a vamp, I didn't wanna deal with them so I set the world to gen without them.

And I have enough gold to warrent making a bunch of crafts for trade. Probably gonna regret using them for trade when the migrants come in droves come spring though.....

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20795 on: March 17, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »

any creature that gains a name becomes friendly to you.

Definitely no. See: blind cave ogre. Kills a dude, gains name, grabs mail shirt, kills second dude with mail shirt.

Been disposed of by now anyway. Section of cavern walled off too, it was spamming annoying critters.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Electrode

• Bay Watcher
  • murmurs horrible curses
    • View Profile
« Reply #20796 on: March 17, 2012, 07:13:56 pm »

Dwarven caravan arrived in the middle of a siege, and it looks like the gobbies managed to "kill" one of the wagons...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20797 on: March 17, 2012, 07:36:55 pm »

Magma crab just sniped a furnace operator. I am now minus one hammerdorf/operator, and will be assigning my lone marksman to kill it if he gets the opprotunity.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20798 on: March 17, 2012, 07:45:17 pm »

I have never ever gotten a migrant that wasn't your run-of-the-mill normal guy.
No one-eyed migrant, no dwarf with even one kill.

Seriously, what sort of worlds are you guys embarking on?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20799 on: March 17, 2012, 08:15:14 pm »

I have never ever gotten a migrant that wasn't your run-of-the-mill normal guy.
No one-eyed migrant, no dwarf with even one kill.

Seriously, what sort of worlds are you guys embarking on?

Very violent ones evidently.

I just got a migrant wave full of nothing but war veterans. The Stuntted Prarie and something-or-other Dunes are prominant battlefields, with them all having killed goblin-raised dwarves, goblins (Often in large numbers) or trolls. The ones who haven't are still skilled soldiers. I mean I have squads of four, and a whole spearsquads worth of dwarves showed up, with kills and skills.

Also, my civ seems to really hate ogres. Gotten three hunters with kills in the 40s-50s, all orges. And due to the need to arm these dwarves, I must relagate all iron to armor and need to use silver as a stopgap for weapons.

Shame I can't use gold for armor, I'm swiming in that and silver.

EDIT: Now 2 sqauds of speardorfs, a squads worth of hammer dorfs, swordsdwarves.....

Ok, I'm not complaining but am I getting all the recently discharged armydorfs from my civ or something?

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20800 on: March 17, 2012, 08:29:44 pm »

im now replying through the same year for the 3rd time. first time DF crashed after my baron anhero'd and a siege arrived. 2nd my computer BSOD'd because too much RAM usage.

HIGH HOPES NOW

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20801 on: March 17, 2012, 09:02:55 pm »

Dorfs decided to cancel the construction of a bridge and now refuse to resume building, even after q -> x'ing it away and trying to replace it. What do.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #20802 on: March 17, 2012, 09:16:56 pm »

embarked on necromancer tower (Just Embark tool) and am now preparing a force to take out 210 zombies and 9 necromancers.

framerate is 74 :o

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20803 on: March 17, 2012, 09:53:38 pm »

A little modding, and my now large army (4/5 of the population) Is getting decked out in gold and silver armor.

Not great, but I had to make due with what I had.

PsychicKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20804 on: March 17, 2012, 10:11:28 pm »

Fixed my bridge issue from earlier, had to forbid the original materials used because it was confusing my dorfs, then it whined how there was an item obstructing the construction... which was on the other side of the river that I could not get to. Had to fire up DFHack and blast them out of existance (was just some chalk rocks) to finish the bridge.

Then I got 4 migrants, nothing real noteworthy, but since I have all food indoors with farms up and a few bedrooms carved out, thus starts the super-duper-mass-dumping of my workshop rooms, hallways, and bedrooms, while I start on the dining room.
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 ... 3842