Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094982 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20505 on: March 11, 2012, 07:00:14 am »

rock bars means rock blocks.

I didn't figure this out until I said fuck it and had my mason whip a few together just to see of that's what he wanted.

It was.

So, my coastalfort is extremly lukcy. not even halfway into the first month of summer, and I hit not only flux, but hematite as well. My army will be fighting in style, decked in steel and fed by manicly happy fisherdwarves.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20506 on: March 11, 2012, 07:26:04 am »

No, no it doesn't. It never has and didn't this time. I did make a few blocks but they weren't what she wanted.

Anyway. Had another mood. Secretive, bone doctor. Now legendary bone carver. Made a kea man bone bin.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20507 on: March 11, 2012, 07:33:17 am »

I dunno wtf everyone else gets when they want rock bars. There is no such thing as a rock bar. Now if it said something about shining/metal bars, then yeah you were right to be panically searching for ores.

I had those before and they took whatever stone blocks I had on hand, rather than the mountains of metal i tend to have on hand. iunno maybe a I have a bug or never noticed or something.

I know when to admit I'm wrong (Please don't consult the wiki, I did and am.) So all I can say there is start importing fuckloads of metal to cover your bases. I probably never noticed when they demanded rock bars cause I usally made stone blocks and that satisfied them (Probably a bug, but then when they say rock, i think stone, not metal.)

And on the bone doctor becoming a bone carver: That is awesomely fitting,if a little creepy. Does he have ulterior motives for the bones of his patients?

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20508 on: March 11, 2012, 07:42:06 am »

This is a bug that also occured in older versions. They want metal bars but call it rock bars. I checked the wiki and double-checked in game but metal bars it was. I didn't bring any because the possibility had a) not crossed my mind and b) I had just abandoned a fortress that was brimming with ores so I didn't expect it to be necessary.

The dwarf caravan had been around but only had one bar and that was steel. Too expensive for me to buy and they were gone by the time the mood came anyway. I asked the caravan for a pile of bars and I'll buy any the humans bring, ofcourse. That's pretty much standard procedure anyway.

I hope my boneguy doesn't have any ulterior motives but it's not as if he'll ever have to last long without any bones. Or even shell to work with. I altered my raws so that kobolds and goblins can be butchered. Not so much for the meat (only if desperate) but just because I want kobold skull totems and goblin bone bolts.

edit: the moody mom died starved in her berserkery, her child is hungry and dehydrated.

I just realised that a) I have bone, leather and shell. b) I have a legendary bone carver. And c) I have no metal.

Golly, what will I ever equip my militia with? :P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:45:48 am by AWdeV »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20509 on: March 11, 2012, 07:50:14 am »

Ah, goblin bone bolts.

Urist McShoots, upon killing some goblisns with masterwork goblin bolts: I'M KILLING YOU WITH YOUR GOD DAMN FRIENDS!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Urist McShoots has been taken by a bloodthristy mood!
Goblin Swordsman has been struck down
Goblin Swordsman has been struck down
Goblin Lasher has been struck down
Goblin Snatcher has been struck down

The dwarves sent to throw the bodies into the magma chute would report the cause of death as bolts in the eyes. urist would go on to become the most feared goblin shooter in all dwarfdom.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20510 on: March 11, 2012, 07:52:31 am »

Goblin shooter in two ways! He shoots goblins and he shoots goblins! It's both brilliant and hilarious!

Ofcourse, he also needs to be wearing a goblin bone suit of armour. With a goblin bone helm. Too bad you can't use a skull for that. (just the frontal part as a sort of mask)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20511 on: March 11, 2012, 08:01:37 am »

Goblin shooter in two ways! He shoots goblins and he shoots goblins! It's both brilliant and hilarious!

Ofcourse, he also needs to be wearing a goblin bone suit of armour. With a goblin bone helm. Too bad you can't use a skull for that. (just the frontal part as a sort of mask)

I wonder if modding can change that.... Cause that'd be awesome. And for melee armed with a goblin bone tipped spear.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20512 on: March 11, 2012, 08:07:52 am »

Oh yeah, bone weapons. I was gonna look into that but forgot. Shouldn't be too effective anyhow. Too bad I can't make one breastplates or something like that. Decorated leather will have to do. :P

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20513 on: March 11, 2012, 08:14:48 am »

Keas are stealing my armour. Steel greaves and a boot lost. I've also given two artifact pieces of clothing to my militia commander (an artifact toga) and my melee militia captain with five kills (and no relationships) got an artifact mitten.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #20514 on: March 11, 2012, 08:16:12 am »

Oh, I can still put them to work via the Therapist, but it's still a bit odd. Doesn't even matter all that much.

edit: Also, I got a rattlesnake. It got past my outer door, past a war dog and then moved towards my actual front door. There it met a carpenter who wasn't gonna take no goddamn lip from no goddamn snake and punched it into paste. Grabbed it by the fang at one point and this was, as I later noticed, after it had bitten and killed a war dog.

My psycho dwarf attacked a rattlesnake by biting it. Afterwards he bashed a fang out with his crossbow too.

Bad. Ass.

He also bit a magpie.

Unfortunately for this young one-day psycho dwarf, the resident vampire decided to make a snack of him so he is no longer with us.
Said vampire has been dispatched to the caverns to think about her ways...
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20515 on: March 11, 2012, 08:16:51 am »

Keas are stealing my armour. Steel greaves and a boot lost. I've also given two artifact pieces of clothing to my militia commander (an artifact toga) and my melee militia captain with five kills (and no relationships) got an artifact mitten.

I hate keas. They stole an entire stock of weapons I had made to start my militia with while veryone was diggin or getting food/drink. How the hell they can even lift an iron word is beyond me.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20516 on: March 11, 2012, 08:40:10 am »

Keas are annoying. They interrupt your workers, steal your goods, what is even worse, they are hard to catch.

I fought a goblin siege. The enemies are some bowmen, led by a spearman on a giant rat. They killed the human merchants and then rushed into my fort, most of them were trapped in cages, but the rest killed some of my recruits/dwarf babies.

So I copied a previous save and re-fought the siege. This time I locked the hatch. The goblins didn't go after the merchant straightly this tme. They climbed up the hill above my fort gate and shot the human merchants below, amazing. After they killed all the guards, their survivors ran away and the siege ended.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20517 on: March 11, 2012, 09:20:43 am »

COastal fort just got it's first fey mood. Cog the miner, who was tasked with handeling trade for the first year, suddenly flipped shit and bolted for a mason shop. He then grabbed a spar peice of hematite, and has bgun work on it.

Will follow with results. Should be good.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20518 on: March 11, 2012, 09:27:43 am »

COastal fort just got it's first fey mood. Cog the miner, who was tasked with handeling trade for the first year, suddenly flipped shit and bolted for a mason shop. He then grabbed a spar peice of hematite, and has bgun work on it.

Cog, miner has made 'enragesoverseer' a artifact iron toy boat!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20519 on: March 11, 2012, 09:31:40 am »

Cog, miner has made 'enragesoverseer' a artifact iron toy boat!

Nope, he made Duzakum Imush Kidet, or Smearcatchs the Dike of Talons, a Hematite bed. it is studded with and encircled with bands of hematite cabochons. Pretty damn good I'd say.
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 3842