Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094937 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20460 on: March 10, 2012, 03:40:28 pm »

MY BRIDGE KEEPS COLLAPSING!  >:(

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20461 on: March 10, 2012, 04:02:51 pm »

Ran out of room for seond try at aquifer breaching, 4-levels+ , so many dwarfs to feed, no access to caverns, metal, magma or ought:

Abandoned the Tropical Parties and Repopulation Beachside Dwarf Resort.
It was meant to be a tropical-island coastal-outpost of Dwarfdom made entirely out of glass, turned into a pit in the sand where everyone just got drunk and made lots of rug-rats.

Perhaps embarking on a glacier might cool the Dorfs off a bit...

[edit]

bah, you know what, i wont be defeated, i'm going to try elsewhere on the island....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 04:21:06 pm by hjd_uk »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20462 on: March 10, 2012, 04:59:18 pm »

A migrant wave of two migrants arrived this autumn.

A beekeeper and a waxworker, they are going to pump or children. Useless, useless children.

THere you go.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20463 on: March 10, 2012, 05:20:08 pm »

It's Dwarf Christmas!

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20464 on: March 10, 2012, 05:39:02 pm »

Dwarven baby boom...79 out of 215.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20465 on: March 10, 2012, 05:41:19 pm »

Fort got too slow. I made some edits in the raws and in the init-thingy. Pop cap reduced to IIRC 40. With a decreased amount of kids, hopefully.

After two migration waves (not counting the starting 7) I have 21 dwarves, 9 of which children.  :'(  From three families.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20466 on: March 10, 2012, 05:52:55 pm »

This is why I modded thier age of maturity to six. Not that they'd be mature, but so they stop leeching and contribute to the fortress.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20467 on: March 10, 2012, 06:01:36 pm »

Oh, I can still put them to work via the Therapist, but it's still a bit odd. Doesn't even matter all that much.

edit: Also, I got a rattlesnake. It got past my outer door, past a war dog and then moved towards my actual front door. There it met a carpenter who wasn't gonna take no goddamn lip from no goddamn snake and punched it into paste. Grabbed it by the fang at one point and this was, as I later noticed, after it had bitten and killed a war dog.
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #20468 on: March 10, 2012, 06:09:13 pm »

Oh, I can still put them to work via the Therapist, but it's still a bit odd. Doesn't even matter all that much.

edit: Also, I got a rattlesnake. It got past my outer door, past a war dog and then moved towards my actual front door. There it met a carpenter who wasn't gonna take no goddamn lip from no goddamn snake and punched it into paste. Grabbed it by the fang at one point and this was, as I later noticed, after it had bitten and killed a war dog.

My psycho dwarf attacked a rattlesnake by biting it. Afterwards he bashed a fang out with his crossbow too.
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20469 on: March 10, 2012, 06:25:54 pm »

I've got a cursed pig cheese in my fortress. 

One of my miners tried to claim some cheese from the caravan in a fit of starvation right as it departed; leading to the Store Owned Item: Inaccessible spam starting up.  I "cured" it by locking him in a tower, where he lived for a good number of years, but he starved when I forgot to drop food in while dealing with a particularly bloody incident in the caverns. Immediately after death, his wife claimed all his possessions, including the cheese, and instantly began generating the error.  On top of that, they have children, so I don't think i'll be free of it for a long time to come.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20470 on: March 10, 2012, 06:33:10 pm »

I've got a cursed pig cheese in my fortress. 

One of my miners tried to claim some cheese from the caravan in a fit of starvation right as it departed; leading to the Store Owned Item: Inaccessible spam starting up.  I "cured" it by locking him in a tower, where he lived for a good number of years, but he starved when I forgot to drop food in while dealing with a particularly bloody incident in the caverns. Immediately after death, his wife claimed all his possessions, including the cheese, and instantly began generating the error.  On top of that, they have children, so I don't think i'll be free of it for a long time to come.
Time for a family field trip to the magma cistern! Accident free for THREE days!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20471 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:20 pm »

I second this. Kill the lot of them.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20472 on: March 10, 2012, 08:14:13 pm »

Embarked in a terrifying area, fortunately i did it while being prepared (increased embark points to get some extra items with the expedition)

So i managed to build my underground fort before the various undead managed to spot the entrance, and avoided this way the many many "foul smoke" (that can transform anything alive it submerge into a one of those nasty husk "enemy of life")

After a long while finally the first caravan of the nearby dwarven mountainhall appeared.
Their soldiers managed to make short work of some undead on their way to the depot and good news, no "foul smoke" anywhere.

The diplomat made some agreement with my leader, managed to trade several rock crafts against an iron anvil (to melt it into iron bars) , all was good, once everything was back in my stockpile, i rechanged my alert status to exclude again the surface small burrow for the civilians, so they would keep underground.

I waited for the merchants to leave, but when i went back to the surface to give a look, i noticed they were in a middle of a battle with several undead and monster husks. It went very bad for them, several dwarf corpses, "diplomat left unhappy" ... yeah sure.
As he left, i locked again the floor hatch over my entrance (fortunately the undead are way too dumb to figure out how to break or open such thing.

While i was expecting the very few dwarves survivors to run away, as a "foul smoke" was over them, they didn't and they faced even more undead and monsters husks, annihilating the caravan once and for all.

And now there are +/- 20 undead and monsters husk (some of the soldiers and merchant dwarves are now husk too) roaming around the trading depot, making it so i can't even get there to loot (there's a water buffalo husk that is a real dwarf killer).
I have no idea if the "diplomat" even managed to get away from this "depot of doom"

I'm not sure it's going to build a nice trading reputation to my fortress.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20473 on: March 10, 2012, 08:15:12 pm »

Human traders have arrived at CagedGlove and, as food is somewhat low, the broker goes through the list of cuisine first .........

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think we can live on mud for a little longer.......
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20474 on: March 10, 2012, 08:29:18 pm »

Long distance Goblin Bowman killing my minions.

During this epic invasion (which my bridge isn't properly hooked up to the lever because I hadn't had the mechanisms)... Soundsense starts playing this song.

I've never thought losing could feel so epic.

Nevermind. Just lost about ten dwarves.
Amusing that the guy in charge of linking up the bridge decided he'd rather have a drink.

Lazy bum.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:39:38 pm by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 ... 3842