Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094791 times)

rooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20130 on: February 28, 2012, 08:17:05 pm »

In the middle of a ''the dead walk'' siege something epic happened..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and earlier today something else truly epic happened; seems to be a good day for the dead.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20131 on: February 28, 2012, 08:18:32 pm »

Apparently the repeated dog-slaughter is preying on the minds of the little ones. A Child just got posessed and created a dog bone flute.

I'm tempted to turn him into the dog trainer when he grows up, pied piper style.
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20132 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49:06 pm »

one of my dorfs just mooded a steel battle axe

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20133 on: February 28, 2012, 09:07:55 pm »

"No! My husband the macelord hath been slain and now I am left with nothing! I will end my life! Nothing can pierce this grief! Hey, that's a nice looking (statue/waterwheel/table/trap/door/or best - coffin). I feel a lot better now."

Actually yea that just happened in my dead fort.

Guy comes in, loses his Wife, Brother, and Puppy to husking ash. They decay too.
He is miserable.

Solution?
Make stone crafts, build a statue, put a statue in meeting hall, make small meeting hall for Friendship, booze, chairs.
Urist has been fine lately.

Then an ash harpy comes inside ... Got his hopes up just to make his husking all that worse.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20134 on: February 28, 2012, 09:48:00 pm »

I've drawn pictures of the dwarves in my fort.  Where would I post those?
There's the draw your adventurer thread, but it's for adventure mode, yeah?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20135 on: February 28, 2012, 10:09:04 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1604.0

497 pages at this time.  Jump in :)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20136 on: February 28, 2012, 10:12:57 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=1604.0

497 pages at this time.  Jump in :)
Alright! Thank you very much.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20137 on: February 28, 2012, 11:04:26 pm »

Random dyer got a possession and made this.

Worth 13152000 urists. Looks like I'll be getting sieges out the ass because some prick spirit decided to make a bit of really nice bling. Also, bastard wasted two of my very few bars of starmetal for a fucking bracelet.

When they grab something for a mood, if they take something you don't want them to use, you can forbid it and they'll complete the artifact without it.  I had a dorf grab some cedar logs, some rock and some gold bars to make something earlier, I forbade the gold and he cranked out an amulet without it.

Edit: She's gone for the adamantine.  If this results in a warhammer...

Edit 2: "This is an adamantine war hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  This object menaces with spikes of light yellow diamond.  On the item is an image of rope reed in adamantine."

Fuck you.  At least it was fey so she's legendary now, or else this would have resulted in magma.  I guess when I get justice running my hammerer will have an awesome wiffle bat.

Why the admantine AND one of my diamonds?  Really?  :/

You can save scum artifacts too.  So if they run off to make a weapon and you don't like what they make you can save scum until they make an axe or something.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20138 on: February 28, 2012, 11:35:02 pm »

I caught a human child werething in a cage by accident.

I'm thinking about making a were-well or something. Still waiting for my vampire to make a well of creeping death, and then to see if I can have were-pires. Or something.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20139 on: February 28, 2012, 11:45:51 pm »

Random dyer got a possession and made this.

Worth 13152000 urists. Looks like I'll be getting sieges out the ass because some prick spirit decided to make a bit of really nice bling. Also, bastard wasted two of my very few bars of starmetal for a fucking bracelet.

When they grab something for a mood, if they take something you don't want them to use, you can forbid it and they'll complete the artifact without it.  I had a dorf grab some cedar logs, some rock and some gold bars to make something earlier, I forbade the gold and he cranked out an amulet without it.

Yeah, but the mooded dwarf had no moodable skills at all, so there was the chance of it being something cool.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20140 on: February 29, 2012, 12:10:46 am »

Playing my so-far peaceful toymaking arctic/snow fort when suddenly:

The dead walk. Hide while you still can!

and now I am sieged by a human necromancer woman and her 60+ zombies.

EDIT: more necromancers and zombies advanced once I unpaused. Also, some kobolds thought it was a bright idea to ambush the zombie army. They have now joined it.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:17:46 am by Urist Da Vinci »

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20141 on: February 29, 2012, 04:05:10 am »

Autumn again.  The humans left after I bought some stuff and told them to bring me some diamonds and kangaroo meat next time. 

Goblin thieves are starting to snoop around.  One of them didn't notice the nice cage traps I have set up.  I think it's time to start getting military training program going.

My markdwarves are patrolling the outer wall and decded to have some sport using a flock of ravens as target practice.  One raven got hit pretty bad and crashed into the ground. I'll see if they get some experience from it, and if so I'll permit them to continue.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20142 on: February 29, 2012, 04:58:37 am »

My first fort started as boring as you would expect, for a relaxed embark location. For a while that is. Then a vampire drained my best surgeon and things started happening way too fast for my fort's general health.

First of all an accuser blamed a fisher. I asked my all-doing-noble to "accuse" this fisher just to get the ball rolling, but forgot that I had no jail. As you can imagine I now have another murder that needs solving: that of the poor fisher killed by my sheriff!

Anyways, my accuser was of course the real vampire, and I figured that out as he killed one of my few excellent speardwarves. That made me angry and I caged him and walled him in. He is obviously a vampire, and quite miserable after half a year in a small room :p

To make things worse there is a waterfall that draws migrants, merchants and woodcutters like flies to shit. I have tried making bridges at central points and designating traffic routes and that seems to help a little.

For an essentially relaxed location I have all sorts of trouble, a thief managed to somehow snatch a baby (from a woodcutters arms I suppose), and I have another farmer and baby gone missing, somewhere, somehow.

Reports are coming in of my milita commander killed by an arrow from a simple ambush. The steel helmet was waiting for him inside the fort... The rest of my military are full of blisters and puking all over the place after a forgotten beast walked through my front gate while I was looking for it in the caverns (edit: or was it a minotaur? It was poisonous and before I got my act together a soldier was fighting it alone outside the gate, and I just sent everyone out to help).

To the commanders defense, he did not leave the helmet by ignorance; he had just fought naked mole dogs, elk birds and crundles after an accident in the caverns and had no time to replace his equipment.

The mountain home is probably not too impressed. But we are alive and except the occasional death, blisters and continously throwing up, we are relatively drunk and healthy.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:22:00 pm by humblegar »

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20143 on: February 29, 2012, 05:53:48 am »

Lots of blood, red and blue, stains the halls, by Axelord virtue.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20144 on: February 29, 2012, 06:00:17 am »

one of my dorfs just mooded a steel battle axe
Congratulations.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.
Pages: 1 ... 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 ... 3842