Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097714 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19770 on: February 23, 2012, 05:46:33 am »

I hate goblins.
I hate them with a passion.
I hate dwarven stupidity.

I just lost my expedition leader because an ambush was right on top of him. Caravan guards, attack animasl, and pike squad responded as the mace squad was for some reason or another storing itmes in the stockpiles when they had thier fucking weapons in thier hands.

Rather than wait for the other two pike dwarves, 1st on the drawbridge followed two of the caravan guards, and got himself killed fighting a swordsman. 10 months of training WASTED.
COMPLETLY WASTED. And his friends did not take both his and the expedition leaders' deaths very kindly.

Of 4 swordsgobs and 1 spear leader, the leader and one goblin made it out. one goblin took a bolt to the head from a caravan guard, one was stabbed to death while chasing a wounded caravan macedwarf by my at this point EXTREMLY angry pike squad, and a combination of 4 dogs, a leopard, and a cheetah ripped the third apart.

I have had ambushed and mega beasts before, I've lost dwarves by the dozen in some cases. But this was an attempt at a genuine fortress army. And one of my intended teachers gets himself killed. And yet a dog falls off the bridge and a cat, saves a merchant from a goblin when it bit his leg. And the cat isnt even hurt.

How the hell am I supposed to train reliable soldiers if the good ones kill themselves on vengence/glory charges!?

paraxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19771 on: February 23, 2012, 06:11:44 am »

My current fortress, dug out of a 20 level mountain, has a population of 120 dwarves.
I have over 100 units of meat, 200 units of plants, 1500 units of booze (dwarven wine, rum and ale), few prepared meals.
I managed to make a farm on the few patches of sand on the side of the mountain, and managed to create a yak farm after breaching the caverns.

I have 7 mace dwarves, one of them a mace lord. Who happens to be vampire.
He already drained 10 dwarves, but no body is unhappy. Yet.

The legendary dining hall is being smoothed out. It has a statue garden within it, and the engravers started to record the history of the fort. Apparently they know that the militia commander is a vampire.

I reached the magma layer, started the metal industry, and have a lot of iron and copper, mainly by melting down anvils.

I'm planning to create a magma pump stack to bring the magma to the surface (over 120 levels), but I don't have access to nickel ores. I'm sure iron is too valuable to use on pipe sections.

What now?

ironhand_fan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19772 on: February 23, 2012, 06:31:00 am »

4rd wave of migrants to my small fort.

And a 'farmer' arrives. Expert axedwarf with 219 kills. One of them notable - an elf.  (is this frequent for others as well?) Could he be a vampire?

B4 current release the migrants were mostly noobs, now they (almost) all have weapon skills and more history. Good.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: February 23, 2012, 06:34:25 am »

4rd wave of migrants to my small fort.

And a 'farmer' arrives. Expert axedwarf with 219 kills. One of them notable - an elf.  (is this frequent for others as well?) Could he be a vampire?

B4 current release the migrants were mostly noobs, now they (almost) all have weapon skills and more history. Good.
You can't see a vampires kill list. The only non-cheaty way to be sure is to see if he's been kicked out of a billion other civilizations.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19774 on: February 23, 2012, 06:41:50 am »

An accident while channeling out the new reservoir has crippled the only miner. Thankfully, a wax worker stepped up, rescued him and took over. A mason patched over the bloody floors that no one seemed to want to clean.

Then the water flows in... and blood appears. FRUIT.

Also, our food stores run perilously close to empty, so a ram is slaughtered and plants are gathered.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19775 on: February 23, 2012, 07:22:25 am »

My baron just went berserk because I was changing rooms and forgot to give him a room for a while.

Well, he's dead now. He was useless anyways (didn't made his duties as overseer) so it's not a big loss. And I didn't even planned that unfortunate accident ahahaha

Job and room have been given to his wife. She's one of the starting seven, let's see how she will handle the job.

Also, the dwarves named the magma crab who's been chilling in the volcano for years. Submergedrouted. Which is a fitting name because he is always submerged in magma.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:26:09 am by Naryar »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19776 on: February 23, 2012, 07:35:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19777 on: February 23, 2012, 07:48:07 am »

Thats great!
No more worries about vampires feeding on other dwarves, plus you get immortal dwarves that dont need drinks!
(their skills kan still increase, its just the stats that are locked)

EDIT:
Ofcourse, its not very smart to take it as your first world so you might just want to gen another, but keep this one.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19778 on: February 23, 2012, 07:54:20 am »

My world is being silly with me....

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19779 on: February 23, 2012, 08:01:50 am »

GOBBO AMBUSH ! Finally ! Took you long enough guys, now we'll have fun...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19780 on: February 23, 2012, 08:44:40 am »

A child has been found drained of blood.

So, I prepared for future deathbeds.

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19781 on: February 23, 2012, 09:15:04 am »

I embarked on a half-good half-evil biome. No eyeball grass, tendrils or anything interesting like that, but it had undead and I can't be bothered to search for a better one.

A carp and an undead kestrel have been doing battle. The carp must have dragged it into the river and drowned it or something because I noticed a kestrel skeleton in the river. The kestrel skeleton has risen again to do battle with the carps.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19782 on: February 23, 2012, 09:18:25 am »

I embarked on a half-good half-evil biome. No eyeball grass, tendrils or anything interesting like that, but it had undead and I can't be bothered to search for a better one.

A carp and an undead kestrel have been doing battle. The carp must have dragged it into the river and drowned it or something because I noticed a kestrel skeleton in the river. The kestrel skeleton has risen again to do battle with the carps.
You can't drown a skeleton, the undead take damage rather than bleeding out if the carp landed a few good bites it probably killed it.

paraxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19783 on: February 23, 2012, 10:28:29 am »

Got bored, decided to release the clowns. And I must say, for ASCII graphics, the spectacle is quite remarkable.
Especially seeing one of my dwarves running out and seeing the snow around him melt away, as the grassland plains start to burn red.

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19784 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:34 am »

Update from the Hall of Kidrath(Which is now called the Hall of Blood)
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 3842