Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097432 times)

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19740 on: February 22, 2012, 08:50:45 pm »

A kobold siege happened.
Yeah.
Just as elven merchants came.
And as worker ant people threw an ambush larger than the siege.
Then a bunch of my dwarves died to the kobold lasher.
I need to train my military more.

Portalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19741 on: February 22, 2012, 08:55:15 pm »

Okay I have no idea how to manage a military....

My two military people are very upset because they got 'removed from duty', even though they're still in the squad.

oh god what do i do aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: February 22, 2012, 09:02:21 pm »

Okay I have no idea how to manage a military....

My two military people are very upset because they got 'removed from duty', even though they're still in the squad.

oh god what do i do aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: February 22, 2012, 09:10:50 pm »

One of my elves is a fine red cream after a goblin knocked him out on a weapon trap.

The goblin was also cream four turns later when he stepped forward onto the same trap.

Also, I got sieged by dwarves earler.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19744 on: February 22, 2012, 09:12:23 pm »

Also, I got sieged by dwarves earler.

I had a 40-Dwarf siege. Battleaxes everywhere. Modding is fun.

Llamainaspitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: February 22, 2012, 09:41:01 pm »

Survived the siege, Killed off all but three Ant people, and Only two of 5 or so goblin lashers.
The rest ran off.
I only lost 50 Dwarves....

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: February 22, 2012, 09:55:02 pm »

I just found out (through an engraving) that the king of my civilization is a demon. I wonder if my vampire would feed on that..
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19747 on: February 22, 2012, 09:57:06 pm »

Just started a new fort.

Started in a place where three terrifying biomes come together on a cave. Also my parent civ is at war with goblins and the first thing I see when I get there? Undead elephants.

This will be fun.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:36 pm »

First vampire showed up. She ate a useless fishery worker she also happened to be friends with.

Used the rename identification trick to find her. She now has her own spiffy rough gabbro ubliette.

The new magma tank is completed and filling. Soon greenglass production will go full tilt, and the dwarves will be moved someplace out of the way.  Then the great landscaping project will commence.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: February 22, 2012, 10:10:02 pm »

First vampire showed up. She ate a useless fishery worker she also happened to be friends with.

Used the rename identification trick to find her. She now has her own spiffy rough gabbro ubliette.

The new magma tank is completed and filling. Soon greenglass production will go full tilt, and the dwarves will be moved someplace out of the way.  Then the great landscaping project will commence.

You plan on pulling a Boatmurdered with the magma don't you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19750 on: February 22, 2012, 10:18:22 pm »

You plan on pulling a Boatmurdered with the magma don't you.

Boatmurdered? Been done.

I am building the necropolis towers!  I embarked right next door to a necromancer's tower. Sadly, the volcano I embarked on has very steep cliffs, and has fluxxored up the surrounding area.  I am going to landscape it so that the necropolis complex can be constructed.

Simultaneous challenge: build only aboveground, using zero stone. Vampire's ubliette will be destroyed via a 10 zlevel collapse, taking her with it. (Hopefully.)

I won't flood the world with magma.. oh no.  THE LEVER will be linked to a necromancer's cage, with his only path out of the necropolis being a long winding passage that takes him past each and every stored corpse.

Zombie apochalypse baby! Yeah!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: February 22, 2012, 10:20:04 pm »

Working on a combination hospital and immigration center that's bigger than any other aboveground structure on my embark. It has it's own water source that is better than my regular fortress water source.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: February 22, 2012, 10:24:29 pm »

A vile force of darkness was just defeated by a single dwarf. I shit you not, the first dwarf they saw was a hunter, who, without missing a beat, opened fire. The cowardly gobbos broke off their attack instantly, scattering back off the map. One goblin reached the apparently terrifying hunter and killed him, but by the time the hunter was dead, it was just the goblin who killed him and the wounded goblin, who was hobbling after his brothers.

The squad killed the sole goblin, losing one of their own in the process- the recruit who first reached the goblin, and was the target of his attacks while the other dwarves took him down. There is room for both the hunter and the recruit in the growing graveyard of Ringsilver, and plenty room in the garbage pile for the goblin.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: February 22, 2012, 10:47:51 pm »

My legendary engraver just engraved "MUST" horizontally along my trap-lined corridor. I'm thoroughly spooked D:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19754 on: February 22, 2012, 10:51:41 pm »

My legendary engraver just engraved "MUST" horizontally along my trap-lined corridor. I'm thoroughly spooked D:

Only start worrying when the next things he engrave forms KILL.
Then that's when you know Sankis has possesed him.
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 3842