Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097332 times)

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19710 on: February 22, 2012, 02:30:06 pm »

Was just looking at the health of my fort (a new habit), and I see the standard nerve damage and grasp impaired, no big deal. I also see someone is pale, and not getting diagnosed. Let's take a closer look.

A militia captain, fine. Her ability to grasp is somewhat impaired, fine. a mediocre speardwarf, alright... missing her right hand. Wait, what? Further looking verifies that she's not exactly the best option for a speardwarf, I'll have to let Domas Notchbridge go.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: February 22, 2012, 02:36:30 pm »

Wrestler hopped into water to fight a kea. Now I lost that precious iron dagger I got from a kobold thief.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: February 22, 2012, 02:36:58 pm »

I've just built a small reservoir in my fort, wind-mill powered, smoothed and destoned and all - all in the frozen period and just in time for summer's melt.

Spoiler: Small Images (click to show/hide)

I intend to destroy the whole thing once I've got my reservoir filled so that I can symetricalise my wall defences, which are coming along nicely, too.

Spoiler: Wall Defence Images (click to show/hide)

Heh, i actually tought of the 'kill box' as your fort in general, until i realised it was just that box.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19713 on: February 22, 2012, 02:39:48 pm »

Quick question: Does stagnant water infect new, clean water? I've got some 1/7 stagnant bits at the bottom of my now-ready 2-zlevel reservoir, and the big freeze is about to come (My melt season is early/mid summer. The rest is snow/frozeneverything).
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: February 22, 2012, 02:47:16 pm »

Quick question: Does stagnant water infect new, clean water? I've got some 1/7 stagnant bits at the bottom of my now-ready 2-zlevel reservoir, and the big freeze is about to come (My melt season is early/mid summer. The rest is snow/frozeneverything).

Im not sure, but i think it does infect other clean water.
The wiki surely has more info on this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: February 22, 2012, 03:03:44 pm »

I rushed my poorly equiped but higly trained militia into the 180 zombies outside my fortress, 6 are dead, 14 are still fighting.
My master super mega sword sith lord decided that he was to good for swords and is currently biting a zombie yak to death.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:29:16 pm by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Enki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: February 22, 2012, 03:13:43 pm »

Just let the zombies inside. Population of 15, over 60 zombies lurking outside and then I accidently caved in my miners with no means to set their bones, yay!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: February 22, 2012, 03:48:40 pm »

I think two vampires infiltrated my fort.  I found both of them and they don't show up in Dwarf Therapist.  They have a metric shit-ton of cousins.  I'll observe them for a while and see if they fail to get food and drink thoughts.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: February 22, 2012, 04:02:34 pm »

Dodge trap completed, now working on roofing over and bridge-sealing my outdoors refuse pile.  Tired of getting interruptions of "Urist McMechanic cancels finish important task: Interrupted by disembodied Kobold hand".  Thankfully there is a long pause between death and reanimation, just not a pause between killing off one group of wildlife and another appearing.

Speaking of kobolds, one of my miners/emergency militia apparently ripped the kobold's dagger out of its hands and proceeded to stab it to death with it.  I love this game.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: February 22, 2012, 04:14:17 pm »

I'm Finding it hard to Break trhough multilayered aquifiere while partial skeletons still flying over the land :(

Do they ever leave the map?
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: February 22, 2012, 04:14:58 pm »

I set up a giant eagle in a clear glass window viewing room with the intention of seeing ambushes and snatchers a little earlier. So far it's not very effective at catching sneaky goblins, but it did just see an ambush before they were a threat. Yay. More importantly though, it provided a diversion for a Minotaur. This bull-beast of king Minos's beastiality of lore ran to this giant eagle and had a staring contest. I guess the eagle won, as the beast must have blinked when we killed it.

No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: February 22, 2012, 04:15:55 pm »

I'm Finding it hard to Break trhough multilayered aquifiere while partial skeletons still flying over the land :(

Do they ever leave the map?
If they didn't enter the map as a zombie I don't think they'll leave.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19722 on: February 22, 2012, 04:30:55 pm »

Oh god. Oh my fucking holy god. 20 danger room trained dwarfs. slaughtered.
This new version is evil.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Protesilaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: February 22, 2012, 04:59:06 pm »

There is a god in my base, what should I do with it?

Humans came to trade, and brought their Law-Giver, who happens to also be one of their gods. 

From Legends:
Pimra is a deity that occurs in the myths of The Kingdoms of Cremation. Pimra is most often depicted as a human and is associated with beauty.

Now I checked the history of the human civ and it shows its leader as a Demon named Gicast Sheenbait.  I am assuming that this Pimra is the same, but its history isn't saying that it pretended to be the god Pimra.  If it is the Demon then it also killed a Dwarven God in history, so I may need to get my retribution.  Okay, I can now confirm its the Demon.  Apparently Legend Viewer isn't a 100% match with Dwarf Fortress Legend mode.  It is a demon pretending to be a god.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:05:21 pm by Protesilaus »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: February 22, 2012, 05:04:09 pm »

Goblin siege ongoing, but they run away from my dwarves on their stupid mounts. Anyone else running into this issue?
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 3842