Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6097189 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19695 on: February 22, 2012, 09:38:36 am »

the chicken did it!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19696 on: February 22, 2012, 09:38:52 am »

I have a vampire soldier pratolling my living area 24/7, he witnessed  another vampire soldier sucking blood of a farmer.
Now who the hell should I convict?

The farmer or his family of course!

Duriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: February 22, 2012, 09:43:13 am »

I just caught a vampire red-handed. The interesting thing here was that he was currently the mayor of the fortress. I wonder if he still lives after 50 strikes from a silver hammer...
Well, he survived the initial strikes, but as it turns out, vampires aren't immune to infections.

Also, I equipped my prison cells with dwarven atom smashers. Those will deal with the vampires much more efficiently than putting them in jail for x days.
An invisible lurker.

I have a YouTube channel!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: February 22, 2012, 09:49:42 am »

you do know there is a small bug with engraving slabs for vampires right? 100% guarantee for ghost, unless it's been fixed

edit:
small migration wave, but why didn't they arrive at the fort? Upon inspection, a stack of about 6 migrants and 3 goblin snatchers plus two kobold thieves was found on the bottom of a local waterfall

edit2:
An attempt to make the area safe resulted in another death. slabs are being prepared.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:42:52 am by Garath »
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19699 on: February 22, 2012, 11:18:33 am »

Finally got some migrants. 2 Vampires ^_^

Still no replacement noble guy though, hrm.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19700 on: February 22, 2012, 11:20:08 am »

yes. and shoulders and hips, but they are usually only broken with bolts and arrows or with wrestling.
Actually, dwarves dont have knees i think...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19701 on: February 22, 2012, 12:48:42 pm »

Just defeated my first Greenskin Siege.(First time I EVER defeated a siege)Only 3 dwarves with minor wounds and 2 dead wardogs. All of the vampires have been executed and entombed, separate from the rest.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: February 22, 2012, 01:42:01 pm »

Spring came and brought me a big ass migrant wave, 33 dorfs.  A lot of kids came this time, and lots of pets.  Three freakin rabbits, one got butchered, the other two are pets and will be atom smashed.  Atom smashed animals aren't reported as dead either, they go into the missing list. I will need to !!SCIENCE!! the effects of this.  Two lambs, which is good because I'm getting a sheep industry going.  A puppy, can't train her, but I can still breed that bitch.  A keet and a peachick; peachick is male, totally useless, but the keet's good because now I've got some guineafowl for breeding to suppliment my turkeys.

My resevoir's all set up, got the pump partially walled off and roofed over so I got all the stagnant water turning fresh.  Floodgates are in place to control water level, and there's a drain into the first cavern, where there's a lake that goes off the map edge.  Starting to fill up the resevoir, got 1 of 3 z-levels full.  Next project will be a defensive wall and stuff on the surface.  Also building a wagon useable bridge over the stream.

The elves sent a small trading party. They bought friendship with me by bringing a grizzly bear.  They better bring a male next year.  I have some extra plant types and stuff modded in, so instead of their usual crapton of rope reed, they bring a crapton of hemp goods.  Yup, the elves have a thriving cannabis industry going.  WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED?   :P
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:47:45 pm by orius »
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: February 22, 2012, 01:55:36 pm »

I've just built a small reservoir in my fort, wind-mill powered, smoothed and destoned and all - all in the frozen period and just in time for summer's melt.

Spoiler: Small Images (click to show/hide)

I intend to destroy the whole thing once I've got my reservoir filled so that I can symetricalise my wall defences, which are coming along nicely, too.

Spoiler: Wall Defence Images (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:17:56 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: February 22, 2012, 02:15:38 pm »

Some migrants arrived despite the danger.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: February 22, 2012, 02:18:02 pm »

I've just built a small reservoir in my fort, wind-mill powered, smoothed and destoned and all - all in the frozen period and just in time for summer's melt.

Spoiler: Small Images (click to show/hide)

I intend to destroy the whole thing once I've got my reservoir filled so that I can symetricalise my wall defences, which are coming along nicely, too.

Spoiler: Wall Defence Images (click to show/hide)

GODAMMIT.

EXPLAINTHISBULLSHIT.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: February 22, 2012, 02:24:46 pm »

I'm getting so many sieges I can't even haul in all the bodies before the next one :0

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: February 22, 2012, 02:25:24 pm »

make it about 3 z-levels deep, 2 will be enough, no more problem with the well

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: February 22, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »

make it about 3 z-levels deep, 2 will be enough, no more problem with the well

Wait, what? The reservoir?

OH YEAH. Stagnant water only affects 1-depths, right?

/durrp
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19709 on: February 22, 2012, 02:29:17 pm »

I thought 1 z-level meant muddy water but that was different to stagnant? Either way, you definitely want >1 z-level resevoirs.
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 3842