Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 [1300] 1301 1302 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096265 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19485 on: February 20, 2012, 02:42:59 am »

Apparently, my dwarves worship a deity of metal with no name. Time to have the order of .

[SPHERE:SILENCE]
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19486 on: February 20, 2012, 02:57:39 am »

Breeding Giant War Leopards. What more to wish for?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #19487 on: February 20, 2012, 03:12:07 am »

Genning a world in the 34.02 for the first time.  I have plans.  Wonderful, zombitastic plans....

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19488 on: February 20, 2012, 03:33:04 am »

I have a dragon roaming the map and my third cavern level is also flooding with magma and I have no idea why - it's coming from an unrevealed part.

I got a wave of elven migrants.  Wut?  This isn't one of my elven forts, or even stinky hoomans. This is a dwarf fort.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19489 on: February 20, 2012, 03:53:15 am »

My first fortress was overrun by zombies. So next time I embarked on the volcano and have adopted a strict burn all bodies policy. Everything is going well, I bought some animals from the elves ( Including a giant Tick and some sort of owl).

One war dog went missing however, and was last seen making a plunge into the volcano.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #19490 on: February 20, 2012, 04:04:50 am »

I embarked on a terrifying biome.  My sole militiadwarf died fending off zombie Giant Ravens, a cloud of Heinous Vapour turned another three into Vapour Thralls, and the dead militia dwarf is shambling round the place distracting the last two living dwarves.

I LOVE IT!

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19491 on: February 20, 2012, 04:31:23 am »

Genning a world in the 34.02 for the first time.  I have plans.  Wonderful, zombitastic plans....

This should be interesting.

With DT up and running, I start my first serious 34.02 fort.  Got mountains and swamp on the square with a stream for fresh water.  Wanted swamp to cultivate swamp plants on my farms.  Nearly the whole damn map is flat.  I hate flat maps.  The stream is loaded with carp.  And I wonder how long it will be before some badgers come by, I don't think I played a single 31.25 fort that did not generate a badger storm at some point.  Well at least the embark screen didn't say Aquifer, and it's supposed to have multiple metals. Dug a 1x3 ramp slit into the earth and got tunnelling.

So I dig down and hit diorite.  Shit.  Another map with igneous rock, everything I've been playing lately is igneous.  But I found copper when I started digging out the dining hall, so that's ok for a start.  Dug a bit deeper and hit...galena.  Dammit.   Dug down further to hit cavern, I want some moss for my sheep to eat.  Well, there was cassiterite and gold down there.  Looks like another fort with metal crafts.  Cassiterite and native copper means I have at least bronze for weaponry with isn't too shabby.  I can smelt the galena with the gold to get some electrum for crafts, and use lead leftovers for bins and cages.  After I finish digging out the main living area and workshops, I'm going to go magma prospecting.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19492 on: February 20, 2012, 04:38:29 am »

I keep getting elf-bone artifacts. An unforeseen consequence of all those elf zombies. Huzzah for reliefs of the founding of the fortress in elf bone! Huzzah for elf-bone armour for the Captain of the Guard!
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19493 on: February 20, 2012, 05:12:26 am »

A woodcrafter migrant with 113 years old was attacked by a zombie wild gigantic boar with untold ammount of muscles and fat and killed it with his bare hands.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19494 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:09 am »

A woodcrafter migrant with 113 years old was attacked by a zombie wild gigantic boar with untold ammount of muscles and fat and killed it with his bare hands.
Badass grandpa has absolutely no time for your bullshit Boar.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19495 on: February 20, 2012, 07:14:50 am »

First migrant wave.  Two couples, and the wives are cousins.  Interesting.  Both couples have kids, but none of them arrived.  Are these kids grown up and didn't come to immigrate?  The last guy is married too, but no wife came with him, perhaps she's dead.  Well, he'll be popular enough since he's a brewer.

Most of the agricultural workshops are done.  Once they're complete I'm going to get my resevoir set up.  Stupid stream is stagnant (probably from the swamp), so we're going to have to do some pumping. 
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19496 on: February 20, 2012, 07:49:23 am »

I am in the process of destroying an undead siege, with traps and one barely skilled hammerdwarf. I was totally unprepared, excepted for two doors, a few weapons, a few dogs and a makeshift military. Seems zombies can't go through closed doors.

Also a dwarf zombie is still in my magma moat. IT IS BURNING SINCE 3 MONTHS  :o

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19497 on: February 20, 2012, 07:52:21 am »

I am in the process of destroying an undead siege, with traps and one barely skilled hammerdwarf. I was totally unprepared, excepted for two doors, a few weapons, a few dogs and a makeshift military. Seems zombies can't go through closed doors.

That zombies going to burn forever.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19498 on: February 20, 2012, 08:04:57 am »

I just looked up the name of my fort and the group, since I left them for random.... The Superior Machines settled in Steamtin in the year 150.

I love the RNG

There was a worry that I would not have enough bedrooms, but nearly every migrant is married to another migrant nowadays, so I need only roughtly half of what I needed before. I'm a bit scared of a babysplosion though
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19499 on: February 20, 2012, 08:18:00 am »

That zombies going to burn forever.

Not if I have something to say... marksdwarves ? obsidian ?
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 [1300] 1301 1302 ... 3842