Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 [1296] 1297 1298 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095996 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19425 on: February 19, 2012, 09:44:01 am »

Zombie Giant Badgers THAT JUST WON'T STAY DOWN!

Let them express thier creativity! TRhey rquire dwarven baby blood to do so however.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19426 on: February 19, 2012, 09:56:45 am »

Find a nice place to settle  a new fort. Nice amount of metals, no aquifer, that sort of thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19427 on: February 19, 2012, 10:15:15 am »

Kosonathel is through it's first year. Besides a pair of kobolds...

...it's quite peaceful area. I've already made a deep shaft into underground lake and then closed it with a grate, putting a well 20+ z levels above. Nothing went inside through it yet.

First-year migrants proved to be quite useful. A professional surgeon&wound dresser, few food/farming related dwarves and a tanner with some axe-combat skills.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19428 on: February 19, 2012, 10:17:32 am »

Testing a cast anvil reaction in latest testbed. Everyone was being syubborn about brining me an anvil. Took it out on two elf carvans before I deleted the save.
Current fortress aims to hold against Mountain barbarian seige. With the anvil reaction to spare needing an anvil and not waiting on the fucking caravans to bring what I requested.

Paige V

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19429 on: February 19, 2012, 10:23:32 am »

I had a little starter fort set up, and was planning my underground river base...

When my expedition leader was Possessed and made a golden hatch cover worth 72,000.

*Fun* struck soon afterwards.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19430 on: February 19, 2012, 10:59:57 am »

Our armorer withdrew from society, grabbed iron, cut lapis lazuli, some chestnut logs and made an iron buckler.

"Kel Sibrekotung, Hammerdwarf has been found dead." Yeah, no shit, I saw the giant wolverine kill him.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:04:02 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19431 on: February 19, 2012, 11:02:52 am »

Our armorer withdrew from society, grabbed iron, cut lapis lazuli, some chestnut logs and made an iron buckler.

Correction: The most epic iron buckler ever.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19432 on: February 19, 2012, 11:03:31 am »

Correction: The most epic iron buckler ever.
Hm, a ranger appeared with two children. The children claim no relation to each other, but both are his. Their mother is not there at all and the father is getting used to tragedy, so presumably she died.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:05:34 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19433 on: February 19, 2012, 11:07:33 am »

A GCS attacked. It killed a puppy and proceeded to web almost everyone in the damn room.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19434 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:08 am »

Lost another one.  30 some odd dwarves dead because of a stray right hand.

See, my rangers had just dropped a hostile Giant Crow Zombie out of the sky.  As a safety measure I had a refuse pit behind a number of doors and an experimental hatch & pressure plate system.  Worked half the time, needs some refining.  Had a pretty decent pile of zombies in there, as well as a few unlucky dwarves and their ghosts.  Anyway, as my ranger was bringing his recent kill to the dump point, it sprung to life.  He killed it quick enough, so I thought all was well and went on my business.

I never even noticed that the Crow snapped off my rangers right hand.  There was no blood and he just went on with his business.  I had also went on with my business, further digging out my meager holdings.  It was a short while later that I received a few notices of Urist McFarmer has been missing for a week, Urist McJewler has been missing for a week, etc, etc.  And then I noticed the zombie outbreak that was quickly growing.  No military to stop it and knowing my end was near, I decided to check the combat logs and figure out what the hell just happened.

One lucky strike by the severed right hand of the Ranger.  Managed to hit a farmer chucking some refuse in the head, pushing his skull into his brain.  And so, patient zero went on to infect the rest of the food production sector.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19435 on: February 19, 2012, 12:06:16 pm »

A Goblin Master Thief was running away and met one of my Hunter.
The Hunter transformed the Master Thief into a pincushion
(yes i found a lot of silver in one of the caverns discovered under my fortress)

This is rather satisfying to see that some of your armed dwarves are actually competent at doing what they're supposed to do.

But while browsing all those battle reports, i notice that i didn't see once the "blablabla has been struck down" message, in fact despite every battles i witnessed in my fort in 0.34.01 , not a single one had the end mentionning the death of what has been killed.

The closest i saw was once or twice the "has bled to death" message, but in 90% of the battle reports with one of the fighters falling dead, there's just no message in those reports telling it.

As i'm always at 0.34.01 , not being yet finished with that fort, is this problem always existing in 0.34.02 ?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19436 on: February 19, 2012, 12:26:23 pm »

Another squad of kobolds got slaughtered by zombies, this one was caught in evil part of the map thus I got several cutezombies, a moment later hippies decided to show up, +1 undead elf. The other one is still running in circles around my map, why won't he just leave? All that while my vampire was peacefully chopping down the trees.

One lucky strike by the severed right hand of the Ranger.  Managed to hit a farmer chucking some refuse in the head, pushing his skull into his brain.  And so, patient zero went on to infect the rest of the food production sector.
lol, never underestimate zombie arm. Just like Stubs the zombie.

The closest i saw was once or twice the "has bled to death" message, but in 90% of the battle reports with one of the fighters falling dead, there's just no message in those reports telling it.

As i'm always at 0.34.01 , not being yet finished with that fort, is this problem always existing in 0.34.02 ?
Maybe that was mad to cover all those missing dwarfs? Are those reports from dwarfs killing stuff? I don't see struck down messages too, but all the killings are made by undeads cornering lone dwarf or non-citizen creatures.

Also, update:
gaah! zombie kobalds remain trapavoid! ... close the doors! pull the levers! ... the door has been taken by enemy! ... they're inside, everyone, to arms!! ... aaaaa!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:42:36 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

AndyDish

• Bay Watcher
  • Holy Dwarf Beards Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19437 on: February 19, 2012, 12:50:37 pm »

A yak thrall just killed all my dwarves but 2, who tantrumed, figured a yak thrall would die to a 10 team of dwarves, nope, now its worshiped as a god in legends for its 20 kills, impressive for a yak.
Rivers of ale, yeah sounds like dwarf fortress.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19438 on: February 19, 2012, 01:14:03 pm »

In the fortress of dancecrafts, loathsome ooze rains from the sky, making random dwarves feverish and making them pass out. This has a sense of hilarity, since the woodcutter keeps passing out trying to cut wood.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19439 on: February 19, 2012, 01:15:54 pm »

Weird to see everyone talking about how kobolds are attacking them, since I've been playing as kobolds pretty much since the new version came out. I've modded them to be alright, at least, although they can't get anything higher than bronze, so that's been a challenge.

However, in my most recent fort, my kobold war leader bit an elven elite bowman who was ambushing in the head, and ripped his head in half, before decapitating the elf's war polar bear with his dagger. So, even without armor, a couple of Legendary Fighter/Legendary Knife Users with extremely high agility can be very very powerful.

...until the goblins showed up in iron plate with 30 mounted soldiers and cut my defenses to ribbons, that is.
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 [1296] 1297 1298 ... 3842