Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100698 times)

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19065 on: February 15, 2012, 04:45:58 am »

This is a native gold amulet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of native gold.
On the item is an image of dwarves in native gold. The dwarves are travelling. The artwork relates to the foundation of Perplextombs by The Armory of Reviscerators of the Squeezing Diamonds in the early spring of 6.

Not as practical as the weapon, but it still makes sense.
Basic Value: 108000.
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19066 on: February 15, 2012, 05:51:21 am »

First immigrant wave: 2 dwarves. Second wave: 4 dwarves. Third wave: 67 dwarves. Total: Exactly 80.

Next thing I know: "The dead walk. Hide while you still can!" Zombie Fucking Siege.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19067 on: February 15, 2012, 06:02:32 am »

A Weregila-monster attacked my Pathfinder, Pmert Smearisnyaeld, while he was out chopping wood. I had to check what it was - a type of lizard. He killed it and it turned back into a human.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19068 on: February 15, 2012, 06:08:22 am »

After the first caravan I've had traders arrive with each migrant wave and hang around at the map edge. The dwarf caravan just arrived back and the mysterious traders came to the depot. I don't have time to play any more right now so I'm not sure if they'll leave together or not.

I just want to say the 3D designations are amazing. A few keypresses and I had my staircase going down to the magma sea. That alone is priceless. I had kobolds show up again (yay!) and steal an artefact (boo!) earring that was left in the temporary trade stockpile in the main tunnel. The unit screen is more convenient to use now that it's better organised.

I've had to dig around quite a bit to find a useful metal (copper) and I'm already behind on making weapons. I'm trying to put some cage traps up right now to compensate.

The only thing I'm missing is Dwarf Therapist, but I'm so excited to play I don't care if my dwarves are doing jobs or not.

Great stuff. :)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19069 on: February 15, 2012, 07:55:00 am »

I imagine my dwarves are getting kind of bored with the blister-blindness-fever causing rain. The new migrants came in a storm and went right to the hospital to have the doctor look at them scoff and walk away.

Chief Medical Dwarf:What seems to be the problem?
Migrant: My eyes! My skin and my eyes, their covered in blisters!
CMD: Yup, gotta get under ground faster than that. 
Migrant: I have a horrible fever! The chills are awful, I feel like I'm freezing to death!
CMD: Yeah, it happens. I'm clearing you for duty, there's an order for new chairs.
Migrant:But the pain!
CMD: But the chairs!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19070 on: February 15, 2012, 08:38:56 am »

Well, after plenty of adventuring, I've just started my first fort in the new version: Shammantekkud, 'Manypick'! :)
A haunted something-or-other, I don't forsee it lasting all that long, despite the fairly normal critters sighted so far.
Normal trees, scary plants. Normal trees, scary plants... I wonder what hallucinogenic properties bubble bulb grass and staring eyeball have when brewed? :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #19071 on: February 15, 2012, 09:49:52 am »

Well, after plenty of adventuring, I've just started my first fort in the new version: Shammantekkud, 'Manypick'! :)
A haunted something-or-other, I don't forsee it lasting all that long, despite the fairly normal critters sighted so far.
Normal trees, scary plants. Normal trees, scary plants... I wonder what hallucinogenic properties bubble bulb grass and staring eyeball have when brewed? :o
you can't. :(
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #19072 on: February 15, 2012, 10:03:52 am »

First immigrant wave: 2 dwarves. Second wave: 4 dwarves. Third wave: 67 dwarves. Total: Exactly 80.

That has got to be a bug...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19073 on: February 15, 2012, 12:47:59 pm »

random guy just died for no reason. that's been happening a lot. and its not a vampire so i'm just going WTF
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

That guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19074 on: February 15, 2012, 12:54:00 pm »

Replaced my broker. Then somebody engraved a mural of him making a submissive gesture and all my dwarves refusing him right outside his old office, which he has to pass by to update stockpile records or manage work orders.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19075 on: February 15, 2012, 12:54:55 pm »

Checking all the new version's immigrants to see their histories. There's obviously been quite a bit of conflict in the past, as many are turning up with odd goblin, troll etc. kills. Except for this one guy, who has thirty dwarf kills in the same settlement. Waaaait a minute...

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19076 on: February 15, 2012, 01:06:58 pm »

After Stormcastle met it's very...uh...Fun demise by livestock thralls, a new world was genned and a new fort embarked upon.

I have not learned my lesson yet, so it is time to embark on a Terrifying Freshwater Marsh with a stream.  There is a single hamster and a single damselfly frolicking next to two louse woman corpses.  I actually managed to wall myself in this time before damnation came.  We'll see how it goes.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19077 on: February 15, 2012, 01:56:40 pm »

Oh okay.

Also, Human leading a goblin ambush? Or Human slave as an auxillary?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:13:09 pm by Vherid »

Lpfn1822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19078 on: February 15, 2012, 02:33:34 pm »

Over 100 giant mosquitos are outside my fort.
I'd say 150+.
They... They keep coming...
EDIT:
OH NO THEY'RE ATTACKING
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:40:14 pm by Lpfn1822 »

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19079 on: February 15, 2012, 02:36:57 pm »

Here's an abridged gamelog of my latest attempt at conquering the terrifying wasteland.

Code: [Select]
It is raining heinous slime!
The Hedgehog Woman Corpse grabs The Stray Cat by the tongue with her left upper arm!
The Stray Cat gives in to pain.
Morul Onuludist, expedition leader cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Interrupted by Hedgehog Woman Corpse.
Mebzuth Gikutbomrek has become a expedition leader.
Tekkud Custithmorul has become a militia commander.
S†kzul Sibreknitig, Hunter cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Interrupted by Hedgehog Woman Corpse.
Morul Onuludist, Mechanic has been found dead.
The cat corpse scratches The militia commander in the lower body, bruising the muscle and bruising the pancreas through the (sheep wool trousers)!
The Hedgehog Woman Corpse shakes The Hunter around by the throat, tearing apart the throat!
The dwarves suspended the construction of Wall.
Zaneg Regudar, Farmer cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Interrupted by Giant Horseshoe Crab Corpse.
The Giant Horseshoe Crab Corpse charges at The Metalsmith!
Monom Kosothcog, Peasant cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Interrupted by Mebzuth Onulmeng's corpse.
The Giant Horseshoe Crab Corpse pushes The Farmer in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
The Stray Cat (Tame) has been missing for a week.
Zaneg Regudar, Farmer has been found dead.
The weather has cleared.
Mebzuth Gikutbomrek, expedition leader cancels Store Item in Stockpile: Interrupted by Zaneg Regudar's corpse.
The Zaneg Regudar's corpse shakes The Stray Dog around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!
The Stray Turkey Hen bites The cat corpse in the right rear leg, denting the skin and bruising the fat!
The expedition leader pushes The Morul Onuludist's corpse in the left lower arm, bruising the skin!
The Morul Onuludist's corpse strikes The expedition leader in the head with her (giant rat leather shoe), bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!

I love the new version.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 3842