Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1267 1268 [1269] 1270 1271 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100571 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19020 on: February 14, 2012, 06:49:31 pm »

An Unholy Fog just sprang up around a flock of Masked Lovebird people. Now I've got 9 Masked Lovebird Unholy Fog Thralls shambling towards my inadequately defended fortress.

This will end well.
You are BONED.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

eyemdastrongest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19021 on: February 14, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »

I got a giant grasshopper (tame) from some unlucky elves.

Also got a vampire locked up. Not sure what to do with him yet.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19022 on: February 14, 2012, 06:52:33 pm »

I got a giant grasshopper (tame) from some unlucky elves.

Also got a vampire locked up. Not sure what to do with him yet.

Seriously?

Starts with "m" ends with "a"

hehe
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19023 on: February 14, 2012, 07:30:32 pm »

Oh yeah- Valentine's Day Massacre. As it should be.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19024 on: February 14, 2012, 07:34:42 pm »

Heh, finally got that barn owl corpse moved from my courtyard(as simple as turning on outside refuse!), and so it's been atom smashed. Now I've set up a fishery(thanks to an immigrant fisherdorf coming along) and all the sudden I get this:

Urist McDorf cancels pasture Large Animal: Interrupted by mussel shell. Whut
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19025 on: February 14, 2012, 07:42:29 pm »

I still haven't mustered the ambition to undertake a new fortress. But just to see what it was all about I embarked on the only sinister area in my entire world, a desolate island covered in wormy tendrils and staring eyeballs. Mein gott it looks freaky.

I had barely started pondering where to start digging when undead harpies descended on my dogs and ripped them to shreds. Then the dog corpses suddenly rose and went after the dwarves. I mustered the seven to hold the wagon but it was no use. Dogs gnawing at their feet and harpies clawing at their scalps. I don't think I made it to day two.

What became of the water buffalo and horse we shall never know.
"It's unpossible!"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19026 on: February 14, 2012, 07:44:12 pm »

Yes I'm in an evil area so I know about that resurrection thing(refer to previous posts about annoying barn owl corpse in courtyard). My surprise is from I thought for something to rise it at least needed [CAN_GRASP]
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19027 on: February 14, 2012, 07:52:30 pm »

My first 31_40 fort just crumbled to its end epically. It all started with a poorly planned well, while my miners were digging it they were each knocked from a higher level down to where they were digging the channel. One died, the other was just unconscious. That is, until the dead dwarf got up and smashed his skull in.

At first things were sort of okay. I had my chief medical / axedwarf kill the risen miner. Unfortunately both picks were under 7/7 of water. I kept having to kill that same miner, but it was easy since most of its bones were already broken. The other miner then rose up, and killed one of my dwarves.

I had no military dwarves left, so I just mustered my remaining ~8 dwarves and sent them to fight all the corpses. They did okay the first time, but before I could get all the bodies dumped into the well and the doors shut, they rose up again and I lost more dwarves. Soon there weren't enough living dwarves left to destroy the dead, and they were all cornered and killed one by one.

Awesome! :-)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19028 on: February 14, 2012, 07:57:22 pm »

OK this is starting to annoy me(and is potentially dangerous because of moods!). I've now got around 6 or so animated shells running around! Yeah, they're not dangerous at all, but they ARE interrupting my dorfs, and having to atom smash every shell as my fisherdorfs work is gonna be VERY aggravating. Are you SURE Toady meant for SHELLS to reanimate? I'm wondering if I should post a bug report....

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #19029 on: February 14, 2012, 08:08:42 pm »

OK this is starting to annoy me(and is potentially dangerous because of moods!). I've now got around 6 or so animated shells running around! Yeah, they're not dangerous at all, but they ARE interrupting my dorfs, and having to atom smash every shell as my fisherdorfs work is gonna be VERY aggravating. Are you SURE Toady meant for SHELLS to reanimate? I'm wondering if I should post a bug report....

You should totally just give dwarves NOFEAR or LIKES_FIGHTING.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Fwoosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19030 on: February 14, 2012, 08:17:53 pm »

Started a new fort for the new update, and at first everything seemed pretty normal. A couple giant birds, some camels, and than out of the blue cane a giant heaving swarm of giant mosquitoes 194 strong. I tried to fight them off but every dwarf I send outside ends up buried under a pile hungry mosquitoes. Guess I'm gonna need some bugspray.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19031 on: February 14, 2012, 08:22:47 pm »

This time, the fog caught half of my caravan. Notably, there's a merchant leading a mule even though it is a thrall now, and he keeps beating on it. The fog also spilled into my fort entrance and converted my metalsmith, but my militia commander took care of him. Now to claim the goods dropped by the mule thralls!

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19032 on: February 14, 2012, 08:33:43 pm »

Epic tantrum spiral after 60 dwarves died to a siege on my volcano fort.  I picked the wrong time to deforest the surface and most of my haulers were killed + 4 legendary woodcutters.

Somehow lava is pouring into parts of my fort.  It appears a berserk dwarf pulled a few of the wrong levers.

So, dear dwarves:

Will everyone please stop fighting?  And burning.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19033 on: February 14, 2012, 08:34:36 pm »

This time, the fog caught half of my caravan. Notably, there's a merchant leading a mule even though it is a thrall now, and he keeps beating on it. The fog also spilled into my fort entrance and converted my metalsmith, but my militia commander took care of him. Now to claim the goods dropped by the mule thralls!
I can imagine an outflux of dwarves going for socks, when suddenly the mist appears right on top of them.

I should have checked back in this thread sooner- I"d have been warned.

Actually, it's worse than that. I sent out my militia commander to take care of the mule thrall so I can get the loot, and as he was fighting another fog cloud appeared on top of him.

Good news is, he isn't wielding his axe! Bad news, that's because it is lodged in the mule. Worse news? THAT'S MY ONLY AXE. And the hammer lord merchant that got converted still has his equipment. Oh hey, so does the Spearmaster.

And sealing off the fort is a tricky proposition due to a severe lack of booze or safe underground water source. It's either the surface or the troglodyte filled caverns...

chalicier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19034 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:28 pm »

So. New version, new fort. Found a wonderful place - no aquifer, not Sinister (gonna wait for my next fort to try out the zombie horde), shallow and deep metals, plenty of trees. On embark, I get a message I haven't seen before: "Are you sure you want to embark here? This is your final warning!"

I don't have auto-warning on embark set. "WTF is this?", I think, and then I embark anyway.

On arrival, some 300 Z-levels down a part of the cavern collapses... right at the bottom of a 300 Z-level high adamantine tube that runs right up to the surface.

I suspect --FUN-- may be in the offing...
Pages: 1 ... 1267 1268 [1269] 1270 1271 ... 3842