Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100417 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #19005 on: February 14, 2012, 04:09:43 pm »

As stated in my previously post, I managed to wall my dorfs in. For some obscure reason, I belived it would be a good idea to lock the horses in with them. In short, they starved to death and reanimated not long after. They then proceeded to kick-in the skulls of all dorfs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19006 on: February 14, 2012, 04:10:28 pm »

I just got an adequate bone doctor who's also an adept axedorf(3 guesses what he's gonna be doing as soon as I get some metalworkers!). I stroll over to his thoughts and prefs, notice he's got some kills and check...163 kills?! Awesome!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19007 on: February 14, 2012, 04:16:50 pm »

Still my own uninteresting .25 fort, because I'm not updating to the new version until DT is updated.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19008 on: February 14, 2012, 04:17:27 pm »

I was just undone by a swarm of Giant Undead Thrips. I guess they're bugs? All I know is that the mason was the last to die, cowering in my hole in the ground as a wave of zombies and the severed parts of my guard dogs descended upon him.

This update is FUN.

Thrips are similar to lice but they tend to prey on plants.
Wikipedia page
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19009 on: February 14, 2012, 04:21:34 pm »

I keep getting interesting forts (my current tower is being filled with human blood as I build it) but I've yet to get zombies. I'm on a quest for the worst embark in the world, I want rain that melts out your eyes and mountains of zombified corpse parts and horrible monsters marauding about the country side. I want the demons of the underworld to share hushed stories of beasts that dug too high and found the land of nightmares.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19010 on: February 14, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »

Another person was found dead, this time in their own bed. I heard the gossip about him going missing. The second report confirms in my own mind that one of our own is a vampire. the doors have been locked and the guards are going through a bit of extra training. I've also appointed a captain of the guard, Tekud, and built him the rooms he requires.

I did get some steel from the caravan and was able to fill the order of spears .he wasn't pleased when I showed him the training spears. He said "how funny, now make me some real ones". After the mayor saw the ones made of steel though, he immediately ordered two more. Well I don't need any of these spears, so I said "melt down these to make the new ones". Apparently the master weapon maker didn't like that idea, and he refused to make any more. He was struck with melancholy, and died of thirst shortly thereafter. I had to tell someone else to make them. Shame.

We also ran out of drink briefly. and apparently someone ate al the quarry bush nuts. That's the person to blame when there' snothing to eat but plump helmets for the next year. Damn... that sounds like a lot of mushroom to eat.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19011 on: February 14, 2012, 04:37:56 pm »

Yet another new fort... but this time I'll atom-smash the two animals that arrive with me on embark.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19012 on: February 14, 2012, 05:12:20 pm »

DAMN RAVENS KEEP REVIVING AND PREVENTING ACCESS TO BOOZE! I can't move my stocks underground before another revives and I'm forced to kill it with my VERY thirsty and unhappy militia dorfs
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19013 on: February 14, 2012, 05:13:52 pm »

DAMN RAVENS KEEP REVIVING AND PREVENTING ACCESS TO BOOZE! I can't move my stocks underground before another revives and I'm forced to kill it with my VERY thirsty and unhappy militia dorfs

Solution: Abandon and reembark with more dogs and militia (if you're only using a 1-4 starters as guards, make 6 of them. If they get pissy, they can all take out thier anger on the zombies.).

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19014 on: February 14, 2012, 05:19:32 pm »

The embarks now come with a lot of children due to the historical figures implementation (Which is awesome, by the way. So many relatives!). A mason and a hunter arrived with four kids. Time to get the nursery up and running.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19015 on: February 14, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »

just started in a new and its embark it's perfect. there is sand iron flux copper and an aquifer in the far corner. its great.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19016 on: February 14, 2012, 06:36:35 pm »

Yeah abandoned that emark, now I'm on a haunted swamp with infernal murks. Good news: All it does is make my dorfs vomit. Bad news; still a lot of undead, though this time I've got a perimeter wall up, so I'm not too worried(though I need to roof it at some point). Though, right now I have a barn owl corpse chillin in my courtyard, and since my dorfs refuse to touch it, I'm at a loss on how to permanently get rid of it. Ideas? (It's more of an annoyance than anything right now since I've pastured all my wardogs next to it, so whenever it reanimates it gets dogpiled)

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19017 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:23 pm »

things are going well! after a disastrous attempt at an evil biome fort, I'm sitting at a volcano overlooking the plains with a burgeoning army of rangers and Dogs.

This shall be my beastmaster fort. dogs are easier to take care of than soldiers, and I can get more of them! GO MY MINIONS.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #19018 on: February 14, 2012, 06:42:00 pm »

An Unholy Fog just sprang up around a flock of Masked Lovebird people. Now I've got 9 Masked Lovebird Unholy Fog Thralls shambling towards my inadequately defended fortress.

This will end well.

bobcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19019 on: February 14, 2012, 06:49:17 pm »

I've been playing for five minutes, and a carp has already killed an idiot fisherdwarf.  He's still listed as missing, though, since he fell 15 z-levels down a waterfall.
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 3842