Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099432 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18780 on: February 04, 2012, 01:01:23 pm »

Im not really in a fort
I modded giant desert scorpions to use boiling toxic gold that first causes pain, swelling and paralysis in the leg, and later on just about everything whit strong severity, without death.
Its fun to watch 4 trails of blood and vomit leading to several corpes.
Oh, corpses that were actually injected whit it instead of beining 'caught in a burst of toxic gold' evaporate.
Hooray for dwarven physics!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18781 on: February 04, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is a blank sig.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18782 on: February 04, 2012, 01:56:25 pm »

Food overproduction in one of my forts.   Any idea how long these stocks will last?

...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Tuonelan renki

• Bay Watcher
  • Knitting black wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18783 on: February 04, 2012, 04:05:04 pm »

Had a few month break in DFing, but had to start again, just in the anticipation of the new version.

Played a few of adventurers first to get accustomed and now started a new Fortress — Mistworks of the Lost Guild, from the civilization of The Ordered Attics (!). Interesting how most of the key commands are still pretty much in the nerve memory.

I also installed a graphical tileset for the first time in my DFing career, since I'm trying to get my brother addicted to DF (so far attempts have been unsuccessful). The tileset sure makes it difficult to recognise the stone types without look-command.
"We'll trade all your gold, cheese and prepared rabbit intestines to this box full of crap we carved out of limestone."
-Rockworks Sprayedswords, Baron of Helmsplunge

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18784 on: February 04, 2012, 04:15:43 pm »

Food overproduction in one of my forts.   Any idea how long these stocks will last?

My guess would be it'd take around 15 years for 100 Dwarves to exhaust it :P

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #18785 on: February 04, 2012, 04:18:40 pm »

Start cooking it all!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18786 on: February 04, 2012, 04:19:32 pm »

My guess would be it'd take around 15 years for 100 Dwarves to exhaust it :P

I've got 200 dwarves, so I'll start food production back up in 5 years and be set.

Also, 3,200 plump helmets.

Start cooking it all!

This is a good idea.  But I'll wait, as I literally have no room.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:21:07 pm by Vehudur »
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #18787 on: February 04, 2012, 04:21:57 pm »

What? Of course you do- undesignate a 3x3 plot in your food stockpile.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18788 on: February 04, 2012, 07:06:09 pm »

That's true.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18789 on: February 04, 2012, 08:53:55 pm »

Yay, after 5 years of meddling with my citizens' love lives, I finally managed to get two to marry!  Been lovers forever, it's time to stop teasing and get on with it.

And I finally finished my moat!  I feel one step closer to being a true dorf.  If only it was a magma moat. :D
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18790 on: February 04, 2012, 09:15:43 pm »

The only problem with using the patched 31.25 exe for wagons is that after almost a year of playing without wagons, I forgot what they need to get to my depot.

Currently paving the entire perimeter of my map with roads.  So many trees...tropical coniferous is all and well for plenty of wood and loads of elephant roasts, but for every tile of open grass there's three trees.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18791 on: February 04, 2012, 09:28:20 pm »

Migrants arrived just after the elves left. One got mauled by a wolf and injured her foot. She's crippled by it... I'm not going to allow a migrant crippled the instant she arrived to survive. She's been drafted and is unhappy because of the draft and major injuries. She's been ordered to kill the rest of the wolves to make it safe for the masons to build the Great Limulunnos Wall.

One of the migrants was a High Master Armorsmith. HOORAY!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18792 on: February 04, 2012, 10:16:29 pm »

My artificial caverns in the dirt of cliff over a river are done and growing. Trees are already growing. Only bad thing is that the rest of the fort is not done at all. There isn't even any stockpiles yet. I only have 10 beds right in the middle of the cavern for my 53 dwarves. It's already summer of the next year, too. Oh well, at least I have something to brag about and my miners are well trained on the dirt.

Up next: Central fortress, expansion to the other side of the river, and toying around with the brook which makes a waterfall into the river.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18793 on: February 04, 2012, 10:45:38 pm »

I watched a dwarf go berserk for no reason in the middle of a child's party in the Dining Hall.  Little Urist McChild got to watch the Fed Syrups rush in and hack the guy to pieces right in front of him.  Happy Birthday, lil' guy!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18794 on: February 04, 2012, 10:48:26 pm »

Happen sometimes when they talk to their grude.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.
Pages: 1 ... 1251 1252 [1253] 1254 1255 ... 3842