Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099736 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18765 on: February 03, 2012, 10:21:38 pm »

On the job of course! I mean it's not as if they'd survive a fall into it. Hopefully i should have superdwarves who learn that dodging in a pit-filled land is dangerous.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18766 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:00 pm »

A siege was going poorly, but still winnable until a troll just smashed a floodgate and my fort instantly flooded from high-pressure magma.

My first indication was a steep FPS drop and a few seconds later
UristMcLava has bled to death x60   
as the lava took inside of two seconds to fill my enormous, 3z high dining hall.  I really lava this.  And I have dwarves trapped in the bedroom area behind a set of closed doors.

Heh - this is why I always protect my floodgates with constructed fortifications :)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18767 on: February 03, 2012, 10:39:06 pm »

Hey look goblins, should be easy right?

3 lasher squads and a marksgoblin squad.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18768 on: February 03, 2012, 11:00:22 pm »

Quick update - an actual patrol has just uncovered and slaughtered two ambushes before they got anywhere important, yay! Though this is highly risk it seems, because the dwarves spread themselves out like crazy. If the squad on patrol wasn't entirely legendary and stocked full of steel equipment, they would likely die, as they always fight one dwarf per squad. Hmm.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18769 on: February 04, 2012, 01:25:04 am »

Whats going on in my fort? Well... I'm on my 3rd year with over 80 dwarves. *hates migrants*
The location I picked has an aquifer, I managed to get around that and found some ore.
Also I managed to break an aquifer as well.. So I assume there will be a possible big flood soon, but oh well. LMAO!!!
Oh yes.. I started my fortress at year 3. :P

*Is playing 40D because he is a mac user*

Edit: My fort is called Cunning Trade.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:26:15 pm by Guylock »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #18770 on: February 04, 2012, 02:40:51 am »

I briefly tested out a new military-focused embark strategy which involves forgoing all standard survival supplies in favor of bringing as many metal bars and skilled armor users as possible; as a result, I had to both subsist entirely on gathered plants until I got enough seeds to farm with and produce most necessary supplies myself.

At first, I was concerned that the slightest hiccup would cause everything to grind to a halt and everyone to starve to death, as I literally had no booze or food to start with.
Fortunately, I am pleased to report that my plan can still be executed smoothly even after meeting such inconveniences as rodent men swarming the caverns and necessitating a cave-in, one of my herbalists being caught in a giant badgerstorm, and the underground folding in on itself and putting the Circus where the second cavern layer should have been. Even when those inconveniences occur consecutively.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #18771 on: February 04, 2012, 05:05:52 am »

Oh my. One of my peasants just gave birth to triplets.
くコ:彡

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18772 on: February 04, 2012, 06:05:43 am »

Miner healed from Faint status.  He's still showing up as burned, but he's fine and living happily now.  I guess I just have a horribly-scarred miner for life.

In other news, I think my hunter is over-zealous.  The map is paved with elephant and unicorn blood, and I'm trying to keep up with the processing of all that food.  2000+ units of meat....elephants are big.  On the bright side, my hospital is now fully stocked with unicorn soap.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18773 on: February 04, 2012, 06:22:17 am »

Elves just arrived. A peasant has been assigned to a burrow so he can ignore the civ alert if a siege arrives too.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18774 on: February 04, 2012, 07:21:11 am »

A Milker got swept down the new aquifer channel and drowned in what will be the new Trade Depot room.

At least I know the design works.  Now to pump out the room so I can bury the body...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18775 on: February 04, 2012, 07:27:42 am »

No siege arrived. Two ambushes. No dwarven casualties, aside from a fisherdwarf who took an arrow to the kidney.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18776 on: February 04, 2012, 09:23:25 am »

I have named one of my dwarves 'Baby Factory'. Why? Because she has given birth in every single yea she has been here. I'd kill her, but the tantrum spiral would destroy all my hard work. Goddamn lazy woodcutters and their social ways.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18777 on: February 04, 2012, 12:00:03 pm »

War, war never ends.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #18778 on: February 04, 2012, 12:14:39 pm »

Oh my. One of my peasants just gave birth to triplets.

Does anybody know what the odds are for getting twins and triplets?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18779 on: February 04, 2012, 12:15:18 pm »

War, war never ends.

Seems the only people NOT pissed at you in some way or another are the drunks, humies, and tree fondelers
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 3842