Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100283 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18705 on: February 01, 2012, 11:26:11 pm »

Forgotten beast at the first year of my fort with a population of 33 (I embarked with about 20), a created wealth of 177128, and no military. Oh, and the fortress is barely set up.

Listen, game, I was ready for some bull when I decided to not do a cheat-fort, but this is just ridiculous. At least it can't fly.

Well, I know who's going to get DFHack magma to the face instantly. I'm just not going to deal with this crap this early.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18706 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »

Forgotten beast at the first year of my fort with a population of 33 (I embarked with about 20), a created wealth of 177128, and no military. Oh, and the fortress is barely set up.

Listen, game, I was ready for some bull when I decided to not do a cheat-fort, but this is just ridiculous. At least it can't fly.

Well, I know who's going to get DFHack magma to the face instantly. I'm just not going to deal with this crap this early.

Do obsidian instead (but put a floor over the top!) and don't accidentally dig it out.  If you want !!fun!! later, you can dig it out and it will still be alive.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: February 02, 2012, 02:32:09 am »

Starting a LFR-mod fortress. The random generator seems to have a heat fetish. The first names I got from the RNG were:

Skyburn
Fierychaos
Bindheated
Daysears
Roastedfliers
Prestigeflames

In retrospect I should've gone with Roastedfliers and opened a Dwarven KFC, but I ended up choosing to mash the Randomize button with my eyes closed, then embarked. I got Castlefainted.
くコ:彡

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: February 02, 2012, 09:03:53 am »

My duchess is cutting down trees with a wooden training axe. Despite there being some very nice steel axes laying around.

slapdash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: February 02, 2012, 09:09:10 am »

Which is really just putting goblins that have fallen 10 z's and still managed to move around out of their misery.

Don't you mean putting them gobos  out of YOUR misery?
Naw, them being almost dead is my joy. I just needed them dead so they could start rotting and give me bones faster!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: February 02, 2012, 09:22:20 am »

My duchess is cutting down trees with a wooden training axe. Despite there being some very nice steel axes laying around.
Oh come on, everyone knows that the best way to cut things is to smash something of the same material against it! :P

But seriously, you have to admit, that is sheer badassery. She's basically cutting down trees with large sticks. That takes serious skill.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18711 on: February 02, 2012, 09:33:04 am »

Oh come on, everyone knows that the best way to cut things is to smash something of the same material against it! :P

But seriously, you have to admit, that is sheer badassery. She's basically cutting down trees with large sticks. That takes serious skill.

She's doing it to show Elves just how little regard she has for trees.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: February 02, 2012, 09:51:09 am »

Yeah my duchess is pretty badass. She likes ballista bolts so I'm trying something I haven't done in a while, a ballista array. Nothing too flamboyant, just a group of pillboxes that can shoot in 4 directions without hitting each other. I figure a steel-tipped tree trunk through the middle of a goblin archer formation might convince them to go away so my own marksdwarves can fight.  I'm flattening out two small mountains just to give them enough open area to hit the gobbos before they get too close. Wish catapults fired in an arc. Anyone ever killed anything with a catapult?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: February 02, 2012, 10:03:38 am »

Yup. One of my dorfs got in the way of testing. Oh and a duck. Dorf died, duck lived. Hmmmm.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: February 02, 2012, 10:05:58 am »

Yup. One of my dorfs got in the way of testing. Oh and a duck. Dorf died, duck lived. Hmmmm.

That's one badass duck.  You'd probably better kill that duck before the dwarves either start worshipping it or it kills them all in a series of lethal pecks.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: February 02, 2012, 10:07:20 am »

Dwarves all thirsty because of no booze. Apparently they think dumping and storage is more important than brewing alcohol. Well, if you guys say so, I'm not one to complain about such petty stuff.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: February 02, 2012, 10:09:44 am »

That duck ain't going anywhere. Its been passing out for over a year, with a broken leg, broken wing, broken spine, and whole bunch of other injuries. In fact I really shouldn't call that living. More of not dying really.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: February 02, 2012, 10:18:33 am »

Once when I was firing on a group of gobs that wandered into the killzone some siege operator decided it was take your kids to work day. I had taken special pains to make sure nobody got in the way of these things but the little bastard decided to stand on the end of the ballista and ended up with a steel razorhead right in the skull.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: February 02, 2012, 10:24:52 am »

Once when I was firing on a group of gobs that wandered into the killzone some siege operator decided it was take your kids to work day. I had taken special pains to make sure nobody got in the way of these things but the little bastard decided to stand on the end of the ballista and ended up with a steel razorhead right in the skull.

William Tell:  The Dwarven Version Gone Wrong

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: February 02, 2012, 10:50:36 am »

I finally figured out how to pit goblins without them killing everyone.  To celebrate, I threw some off a cliff into a river, where they were unfortunately not eaten by the alligators right next to them.

Much later, one of my new miners fell into that river and drowned.  Then I noticed he worshiped a god of suicide.  Maybe this is a good place for a temple...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:04:58 am by BodyGripper »
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 3842