Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6101380 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18255 on: January 14, 2012, 02:32:41 am »

Plump helmet men are food stealers. This might end in !!FUN!!
Ah, who am I kidding?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18256 on: January 14, 2012, 03:08:23 am »

With the completed sealing of cavern layer two, cavern layer three has been opened. Sitting amidst the corpses of his fellows, and two dead forgotten beasts, is the Olm Man Spearmaster, Blockedportals. He joins the fortress.

Shortly after that, adamantine is spotted in one of the lakes in the cavern, which is also billowing steam... there must be magma nearby too.

Good thing we struck it, the baroness was going to mandate it sooner or later.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: January 14, 2012, 03:11:21 am »

I had a slade mandate from the Barron.  Shortly after, construction began on a new room for the Barron, over the obsidian production facility.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: January 14, 2012, 04:21:53 am »

Giant Capybara wounded our hunter's leg.
After the hunter got a crutch, he went and ate giant capybara meat, which he likes to eat.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18259 on: January 14, 2012, 04:24:23 am »

I had a slade mandate from the Barron.  Shortly after, construction began on a new room for the Barron, over the obsidian production facility.

Daaaammnnnn. Poor Craftsdorfs.

prim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: January 14, 2012, 09:07:21 am »

In other news everything that is not my forterss is on fire because those goddamn serpentmen come back every goddamn season and go chasing a goddamn donkey or something all over the map and set every single thing that is not the impenetrable fortress they're trying to lay siege to on fire. Stop setting everything on fire, it isn't working. The same thing happens every time, the salamander (who breathes and is immune to fire) decides that instead of just stabbing the donkey he's going to set it on fire. Then the donkey not wanting to be on fire runs all over the map and the salamander just sprays fire everywhere burning his teammates (who are not fireproof) to death breaking they're own siege and murdering my FPS. FUCK YOU SALAMANDER STOP SETTING EVERYTHING ON FIRE!

hahaha thats brilliant - wish i could figure out how to set things on fire
I'm wondering what the hell the neighboring necromancer was thinking when he named his stupid slab "Droolsluts the Anuses of Piss".

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: January 14, 2012, 10:29:32 am »

I have succesfully produced baby giant eagles. Giant war eagles for all!

Oh, and I also have a pair of giant capybara producing babes in the manner that only rodents know how. Giant capybara bomb FTW!
This is a blank sig.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: January 14, 2012, 10:30:33 am »

That fort had a large capybara barbecue.

prim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: January 14, 2012, 10:36:02 am »

just creating a new pocket sized map. three quarters of the map is filled with 'the hills of dread', and they are a neat red colour, while the only decent looking area is named 'the hills of boring'
I'm wondering what the hell the neighboring necromancer was thinking when he named his stupid slab "Droolsluts the Anuses of Piss".

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: January 14, 2012, 11:48:29 am »

I dubbed my legendary metalsmith/furnace operator/weaponsmith Cog Brass-God for his service to Strong Towers. He's smelted over 1000 bars of brass which have made 99% of the fortresses furniture and is personally responsible for the armament of the militia. I've granted him a room made of solid brass, a brass bed, and brass furniture. The king arrived and declared Strongtowers the Mountainhome just in time to watch us convert a scavenger siege, a snakeman siege, and a handful of war raptors into a homogenous salsa with a heavily trapped walkway defended by archers. The ones that tried to get off the bridge fell 44 z's into the open mouth of a volcano. In other news my countess made concurrent demands for items made of sun gold (which the fortress doesn't have) and rings (which the fortress can't control). On an unrelated note a caged prisoner somehow uncaged itself, dug a hole in the floor of the original 7 manager's office and horribly murdered her. Directly before her fluids were sprayed over every surface of her bedroom a clerical error stripped her of her tomb so her body will instead be thrown in the garbage where it will decompose until trash day when it's thrown into the volcano with the rest of the waste material. Funny how things happen.

Edit: I forgot that I had several coffins open, she was given a proper burial... sort of. See apparently the Beastman knocked out one of her teeth and the Dorfs decided in their Dorfy logic that just burying the tooth would be fine. One of her teeth sits in a masterwork brass sarcophagus and her body sits in the garbage dump.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:11:33 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: January 14, 2012, 12:16:27 pm »

A friendly human lasher is hanging around just outside my fort, and I am pretty sure she didn't come with the traders.
Currently waiting until a siege appears so I can see if she attacks them or not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: January 14, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »

I had a vile force of Goblin Christmas arrive.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: January 14, 2012, 01:31:12 pm »

I really like my fort's name.

Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18268 on: January 14, 2012, 02:34:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lol 'Murrican Dorfs :P

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: January 14, 2012, 03:15:55 pm »

My grandiose plans to include an automated magma-spewing security system were dropped like a hot potato when I realised that, with some improvisation and creative engineering, my entire entrance corridor could be easily transformed into a massive, inescapable drowning trap.

Completely unrelatedly, every nonessential area in my fortress is a waterlogged mess and I've had to clear obsidian out of my magma forges twice.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 3842