Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6103930 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #17955 on: January 02, 2012, 08:20:00 am »

I got lucky and landed on a location with flux iron and an underground water source. As a bonus, the spiral is at the direct center of the map. Has been digging about and currently wondering if I should reconstruct the wall of my future magma tank into something that look better then macroline...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17956 on: January 02, 2012, 10:46:40 am »

A vile force of darkness has arrived at canyonmartyrs... again, this time though, they brought their demon master with them, a deformed mole with webs, along with him they have 2 groups of marksgobs, one group of swordsgobs, and looks like 2 Troll clusters, and a bunch of spearmen... This may be the last I see of these green-skinned devils, finally, the demon leading them has decided to blight my fortress with his presence at last.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17957 on: January 02, 2012, 04:57:54 pm »

Wow this is very depressing. i hope my fortress becomes as sad as you guy's. About my fortress, it has a volcano that stops at the sruface, which is made of sand so i have a near unlimited amount of glass i can make for the traders. I am not kidding this is my best fort yet! right up there with the fortress with the native gold veins in the side of the mountain. so far no death and no accidents becuse it just started (dammit i need to go over there now and continue) i'll tell the name of the fortress. (i know you don't care lol)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17958 on: January 02, 2012, 05:03:11 pm »

I got an accomplished metalcrafter/metalsmith/armorsmith/weaponsmith and a legendary furnace operator pumping out steel in my volcano fortress to prepare for the next siege. If all goes well I'll have thirty steel clad dwarves flanked by almost fifty war beasts to drive them back.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17959 on: January 02, 2012, 05:15:50 pm »

My fort still has no metals. Farming industry is going amazing. Two died in the last ambush. The captured Goblins will pay dearly.

There is poetic justice in taking their weapons and using them against their own kind.

Kassil

• Bay Watcher
  • Zenarchist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17960 on: January 02, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »

Currently, there's this gorgeous 19 z-level waterfall with a sheer cliff just begging to be used to make the entrance. The fact that there's a few z-levels of aquifer wedged in the middle of the map is just incidental, and will be used to provide Power and secondary waterfalls.
Wheelbarrows with wheels are inferior to the true wheelbarrow.
you mean elves with loads of stone loaded onto their backs while walking on their hands with dwarves holding their legs to guide them?

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17961 on: January 02, 2012, 06:59:27 pm »

I'm back to DF after plowing through most of the quests in oblivion. My wife is happy with the arrangment, as DF stories are a lot more interesting than Oblivion stories, go figure.

Anyways my militia captain, Iden, is now my experienced veteran wounded badass. One of his toes is broken and smashed open, but his broken lower back is mostly healed. I thought this was why he is so slow going around, but no. Apparently, his health is "ability to stand lost". Wait a second... my badass trainer/veteran is... crawling?

Meanwhile, I got a dwarf named Fath still in the hospital. She was there a long time ago, so what's going on? She has a fracture lung and a broken rib and... wait a second... he was never diagnosed? But I chose all loving doctors and everything! Strange. Oh well, A simple de-construction of the bed the doctor comes a running.

I am quite proud of my little hospital by the way. It doesn't have soap, but is has 4 individual rooms fully equiped with a bed, table, traction bench, and chair. All the walls are constructed for cleanliness (no cracked "smoothed walls" here), and I have a central well with a 2-tile deep water source. And heck, the doctors are limited to ONLY the hospital and the dining room, so they should be quick to respond. I would get soap as well... but I don't exactly have a lot of spare fat sitting around. Maybe I'll make some out of rock nut oil or something.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17962 on: January 02, 2012, 08:39:35 pm »

All the walls are constructed for cleanliness (no cracked "smoothed walls" here)

You need to build all tables and traction benches out of steel, for better hygene. Make it the highest standards in dwarven health care.

FluffyTerranator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17963 on: January 02, 2012, 10:39:19 pm »

Getting devoured by skeleton camels.

Seriously, who invented those!? How do they move?

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #17964 on: January 02, 2012, 10:44:11 pm »

They move both the legs on one side of their body, then they move the other two, then the first two, and so on. That's how they move.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17965 on: January 02, 2012, 11:19:42 pm »

They move both the legs on one side of their body, then they move the other two, then the first two, and so on. That's how they move.

With no muscles to contract, that would normally be impossible. BUT MAGIC THAT'S HOW THESE GUYS BREAKA TEH LAWS OF PHYSICS WUT MOAR DO U WANT

MountainGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17966 on: January 03, 2012, 12:24:59 am »

Galeysyrup is in year 2!  We have a standing militia and have driven back a couple of goblin ambushes.  I got lucky with migrant waves, so now I need to finalize setting up the hospital and block off the water supply.  The magma moat and magma furnaces are complete, and the first level of wall around the fortress is up.  I just need to enable masonry on every dwarf for a short while and try and get as much of the wall up as I can, before sieges start and I can lock down the fortress underground.  We also have multiple types of food including above ground crops going, and a stock pile of about 1k wood.  I got a little carried away with that woodcutter.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #17967 on: January 03, 2012, 12:56:31 am »

Genned a new world (made with PerfectWorldDF), made it so there'd be like 50 volcanoes, embarked on a volcano (or rather, one tile south. I embarked ON it first, ended up on a steep part of the volcano and so the wagon was automatically destroyed, so i quit from the Task Manager and re-embarked just south of it instead), see the entire above-ground is flat except for the volcano rising up.

The possible uses for all this open ground are GLORIOUS! The only snag is there's some Badgers to the south-east, but they can be dealt with in time as long as they don't come close to my Dwarves in the meantime.

I'll post a Stonesense screenie at some point, as soon as i can get the damn thing to not be so laggy at taking full-fort pics...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17968 on: January 03, 2012, 04:01:55 am »

A Hydra came, I normally send a squad to deal with megabeasts and I wondered whether a single dwarf could take the Hydra by itself so I sent my militia commander out to face it. The Hydra started out well by charging and stunning Zuntir twice but was unable to harm him on the ground. Zuntir recovered and starting hacking off heads and limbs, eventually lopping off the lower body, killing the beast.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17969 on: January 03, 2012, 08:40:07 am »

A badger woman somehow made her way into the temporary forge area of my current fort. The fort only has one military-ready dwarf: and ex-hunter armed with an Artifact iron warhammer (and nothing else, so beatings are done with fists). The order to kill was issues and thus began a hillarious chase throughout the forges and ore stockpile of a dwarf swinging wildly as it ran after some mutant badger! (In the end, I had to call him off and weaponize one of my miners).
Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 ... 3842