Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104389 times)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #17910 on: December 31, 2011, 02:58:55 pm »

Over the course of spending Christmas with the fambly, I have discovered the joy of serrated green glass disks and am now importing sand bags by the bale along with flux and steel. I keep finding little red splotches and piles of goblinite around the fort entrances where a stealthed thief or snatcher got gibbed.

I am also trying to get a handle on my out-of-control food production. Phase 0 is to export as many cooked meals as possible. Phase 1 is to create a list of plants I want to keep growing and using, and cooking the rest into extinction along with their seeds. Phase 2 is to create a list of livestock I want to keep breeding and using, and butchering the rest. Right now there are NINE ACTIVE KITCHENS all running Lavish Meal/R jobs.

Lastly, I have found that my magma tube is in Cavern 2 and not Cavern 3 as I thought. I found this out by breaching Cavern 3. Bloodthorns, bloodthorns everywhere. I've also found another exposed addy vein, which I suspect is the one the Clown Car resides beneath.
Spoiler: Plans for the circus (click to show/hide)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17911 on: December 31, 2011, 05:18:23 pm »

Ohhh, no. Oh no. Oh, shit, oh shit, oh shit shit shit...

My Armor-smith has gone into a secretive mood. I've immediately ordered a Forge built, but the only metal I have available is Copper. I have a very, very, very, very, very bad feeling that she's gonna go insane... I pray to Armok and God alike that I have what my Armor-smith wants.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #17912 on: December 31, 2011, 05:29:44 pm »

As an FYI: Alot of the HFS has Trapavoid, or so I hear tell. I still haven't gotten around to digging that deep yet. I keep getting bogged down by horrible monsters. Not to mention all the stuff outside my fortress. :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17913 on: December 31, 2011, 05:42:05 pm »

As an FYI: Alot of the HFS has Trapavoid, or so I hear tell. I still haven't gotten around to digging that deep yet. I keep getting bogged down by horrible monsters. Not to mention all the stuff outside my fortress. :P

They ALL have trap avoid.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17914 on: December 31, 2011, 05:53:29 pm »

I thought lever-operated spikes worked around trapavoid and trapimmune?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17915 on: December 31, 2011, 05:56:48 pm »

I thought lever-operated spikes worked around trapavoid and trapimmune?

Yup.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17916 on: December 31, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »

Alot of the HFS has Trapavoid, or so I hear tell.
Alot of the HFS has Trapavoid
Alot of the HFS

Spoiler: Alot of HFS (click to show/hide)
Alot is from Hyperbole And A Half

A lot of the HFS has Trapavoid, or so I hear tell.
Fixed that for you.

But on-topic, by repeating spikes I meant that they would be remote-operated by a repeating lever, which allows spikes to hit Trapavoid and Trapimmune things. No worries!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17917 on: December 31, 2011, 06:57:17 pm »

That picture was so horrifically fitting.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17918 on: December 31, 2011, 08:52:56 pm »

Im trying to re-introduce bunnies into the wild on a haunted biome using pastures, to see if I can change the ecology or something. plus Ive got so many of them they were annoying me

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17919 on: December 31, 2011, 08:54:59 pm »

Im trying to re-introduce bunnies into the wild on a haunted biome using pastures, to see if I can change the ecology or something. plus Ive got so many of them they were annoying me

I released a female rabbit into the caverns once. They quickly took over, not even the resident ogres or GCS could cull enough of them :|

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17920 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:47 am »

the... hell...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17921 on: January 01, 2012, 04:47:41 am »

the... hell...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What? Don't question a dorf's sexual tastes.

Anyway, I've genned up a new world. Haven't given up on dragonward, it's jsut somewhat boring at the moment, and I thought of an interesting thing to try:

I'm going to build this in a cold world with only one dwarven civ, starting at year five, with 1000 or so megabeasts and 3000 or so semi-megabeasts, and 1000 titans. The total dwarven population after civ creation? 95 dwarves. I will then try to run it as long as possible and double the dwarven population. The catch? Well, that's it. Fucked from the beginning.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Andreus

• Bay Watcher
  • Doom Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17922 on: January 01, 2012, 08:25:52 am »

Craftsdwarf gets a strange mood. Builds a gypsum amulet. Hanging rings of blah, encircled with bands of blah, menaces with spikes of blah, etc. etc.

On the item is an image of a diamond in birch. On the item is an image of a birch in yellow diamond.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17923 on: January 01, 2012, 09:24:43 am »

I found two dwarves and a goose starving to death trapped on the roof of a building that does not now and has never had roof access. I'm trying to figure out how the hell they got up there.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17924 on: January 01, 2012, 09:44:13 am »

I found two dwarves and a goose starving to death trapped on the roof of a building that does not now and has never had roof access. I'm trying to figure out how the hell they got up there.

Maybe they got caught on a drawbridge being retracted? That's been known to fling creatures around a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 3842