Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095086 times)

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #17520 on: December 03, 2011, 08:25:45 pm »

Sorry for the double post.

So my legendary armorer just got locked outside with the human caravan during a goblin ambush.

The human caravan only had three guards, two bowman and a spearman. The bowmen get chopped to pieces in seconds, leaving the spearman to fight against the two squads of goblin ambushers. One squad, swordsmen, the other, crossbowmen. He tears through the whole crossbow squad in seconds. But only managed to take two swordsmen down before having his feet hacked off. As the brave spearman started to limp away, I notice that the remaining goblins aren't chasing him. In fact, they're all covered in red wounds and most of them are unconcious.

Checking the combat logs I notice something amazing. The legendary armorer, who had migrated as a hunter and was a skilled marksdwarf, had picked up a quiver and crossbow from one of the dead goblins and had started firing into the crowd of sword-goblins.

He kept shooting the wounded goblins until they were all dead...

Someone's getting a nicer room...
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17521 on: December 03, 2011, 08:30:30 pm »

I'm going to try Broseph Stalin's Super Awesome End All End Be Dwarf Village Challenge. I've made on world with 10k embark points and made the dorfs able to cultivate surface crops initially. This may or may not go well. We'll see...

EDIT: Forgot the 'Village' bit.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17522 on: December 03, 2011, 09:24:17 pm »

i killed 3 kobolds and left them out to rot.

stupid kobolds.

what now, you ask?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17523 on: December 03, 2011, 09:32:21 pm »

Two of my newbie squads were outside playing with badgermen. Then a siege. I ordered my squads inside, but one from each noticed the gobbos and started fighting. Rookie speardwarf was history, but on the other side of the map my axelord (newbie squads, pro leaders) was hacking away at the trolls. I didn't want to risk losing one of my legendaries, so I ordered my 23 (minus the speardwarf) strong militia out in the open. A ranged squad + two range-elites on the goblin side kept things interesting. My legendaries were busy chewing through the green horde, while my rookies did their best to avoid goblin projectiles and weaponmasters.

I ended up losing four non-critical dwarves (including captain of the guard), and have three more lying in the hospital at the moment, open wounds and fractured ribs.

Steel equipment is being produced and a small fighting arena is being built in the caverns for the upcoming FB's vs Tradecradled match. I currently have four beasts wandering the first cavern level.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17524 on: December 03, 2011, 09:45:42 pm »

stupid kobolds.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
  • My wife just died. Oh, damn nice door that one is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17525 on: December 03, 2011, 09:57:38 pm »

stupid kobolds.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

I refuse to disrespect kobolds, even the theives.  I try to either release them or give them an honorary death.
My Steam Account

You just know you're screwed when a dwarf dies of old age.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17526 on: December 03, 2011, 09:58:07 pm »

This is what I get for being too lazy to set a militia up by the 4th year

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's about 30 or so goblins and 5 trolls crammed in there.

I've got my three siege operators frantically shooting at them, but barely any of the shots are hitting...

EDIT: If any ASCII users who can't read Phoebus need that translated, just ask.
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17527 on: December 03, 2011, 11:13:52 pm »

Phoebus is even worse than Ironhand. I take that you raised a bridge in a trapped area and locked the gobbos in the hallway?
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17528 on: December 03, 2011, 11:16:13 pm »

ASCII FOR LIFE YAAAAAAAAaaaaa!
My Steam Account

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17529 on: December 03, 2011, 11:24:26 pm »

I... I... I just killed a kobold. It wasn't intentional... I was just trying to chase her away I... Didn't know my militia captain had a copper axe.
So I made a slab for her. And asigned the room to the guy who made it. He now hangs around there. Looking at the slab. Sadly I can't bury her, so the tomb I built for her will be empty.

I'm really sad. And I've been using that piano version of the theme song while I play, makes everything much more tragic.

We salute thee, unknown kobold!  :'(

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17530 on: December 03, 2011, 11:43:28 pm »

I... I... I just killed a kobold. It wasn't intentional... I was just trying to chase her away I... Didn't know my militia captain had a copper axe.
So I made a slab for her. And asigned the room to the guy who made it. He now hangs around there. Looking at the slab. Sadly I can't bury her, so the tomb I built for her will be empty.

I'm really sad. And I've been using that piano version of the theme song while I play, makes everything much more tragic.

We salute thee, unknown kobold!  :'(

I shed a manly dwarvenly tear.
My Steam Account

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17531 on: December 04, 2011, 12:33:08 am »

Phoebus is even worse than Ironhand. I take that you raised a bridge in a trapped area and locked the gobbos in the hallway?

Here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, I just realized that one of those catapults was facing the wrong way... How the hell did I not notice that before?

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17532 on: December 04, 2011, 12:55:33 am »

That may be why the enemies weren't dying as fast.
My Steam Account

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17533 on: December 04, 2011, 02:17:50 am »

Late-Summer, first year since arriving. Making rock crafts, fortifications, weapons, and armor. I've never gotten very far in Fortress mode, but I'm wondering... Is it bad to be making weapons and other combat related things this early?
Hello. Have a nice day.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17534 on: December 04, 2011, 03:08:32 am »

That may be why the enemies weren't dying as fast.

It was more the fact that most of the rocks were just flying over their heads.
Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 3842