Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095563 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #17475 on: November 28, 2011, 11:36:45 pm »

I somehow managed to find rock bars in my embark options.
Yes, your eyes are fine. I did say rock bars.

On a side note: Are said bars able to be forged into stuff?
Are you using any mods? I did a bad install of genesis and was able to embark with forgotten beasts and frozen glue.
Civ Forge and Wanderer's Friend. I've messed with the latter quite a damn bit, and I think that one of the reactions lacked the [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED] tag, which most likely led to dorf halls being able to make rock bars.

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17476 on: November 29, 2011, 07:41:52 am »

A couple of haulers were outside the walls when a siege started. No terrible loss, except the mayor, who seems to be friends with everybody, snapped when his latest mandate was missed.
A war dog grabbed him by the head and shook him to death, so no damage there.
Now I am getting reports of tantrums all over the fortress.

This must be the start of one of those tantrum spirals; oh, now the new mayor is demanding room upgrades, wonderful.

Also, the siege sent more goblin and trolls then my trap corridor could handle. The fighting reached the main corridors of Bridgegate. My military had no trouble repelling them, except for an elite bowman, but now there goblin corpses rotting in the halls. It is not good for morale.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17477 on: November 29, 2011, 12:00:47 pm »

My awesome baroness/militia commander was hospitalised by the flashy purple ampersand that led the goblin siege. I trapped the thing between the first and second gates, hoping for a rematch. Sadly, a tantrum spiral began and a beserk potash maker murdered her in her bed before she regained consciousness. I guess I'll be drafting the miners, as soon as things calm down.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:47:31 am by Newbunkle »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17478 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:11 am »

i ws thinking i would like to have a squad of lashers and behold, a siege started with a squad of lashers running into one of my trap corridors first. Good times were had by all as it rained body parts
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17479 on: November 30, 2011, 07:57:48 am »

It seems that barring a regen I'm unable to produce any clothing. Oh well, at least I can still make cloth bags.

One of my swordmasters was able to slice off an escaping goblin thief's arm just before he escaped the map edge. It would be cool if few years from now I could get a siege with an armless goblin general leading the charge.
Captain of the Guard has been armed with exceptional silver mace and some bone & leather masterwork armour (incl. an artifact shield). Dabbling, she won't fight alone, but she will fight.
Magma has been reached, steel production will begin shortly. My five peasants have been trained for weapon-/armoursmith moods.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17480 on: November 30, 2011, 09:47:08 am »

Mourning the loss of ~20 dwarves. First there was a goblin ambush, but never fear, THE MILITIA IS HERE!
An Ambush! Curse Them!
Oh... that's bad. Hey what's that right there? GOBLIN LASHER?!? NOOOOOO!!! RUN AWAY!

My militia was promptly demolished by the lasher and his dozen or so marksmen, as were most of the dwarves out side. Now as long as the two unhappy dwarves don't snap, I should be fine.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17481 on: November 30, 2011, 11:09:55 am »

All the legendary miners went mad and died during the tantrum spiral. I drafted every surviving dwarf into a rag-tag fighting force and equipped them with whatever was lying around. They rushed the goblin master and were slaughtered down to the last dwarf. I'm currently waiting for the last child to die of thirst. Goodbye Diamondblock. 8'(

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17482 on: November 30, 2011, 12:16:41 pm »

All the legendary miners went mad and died during the tantrum spiral. I drafted every surviving dwarf into a rag-tag fighting force and equipped them with whatever was lying around. They rushed the goblin master and were slaughtered down to the last dwarf. I'm currently waiting for the last child to die of thirst. Goodbye Diamondblock. 8'(

Reclaim. Always reclaim.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17483 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:02 pm »

No candy here. I guess I'll have to pop that cherry on the next embark.

Hmm, first signs of boredom are beginning to settle in. Outfitting the militia in steel gear and going FB hunting could be in order.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #17484 on: November 30, 2011, 01:08:40 pm »

In a desert fortress, in a heavily modified experimental world, I had a fisherdwarf show up, with a pet elephant calf.  Not only do we have nowhere to fish, but the elephant would be impossible to keep alive even if there was grass outside.  I knew it was just a matter of time till the thing died.

So I made him a hunter.  He had no skill, but he picked up an unused crossbow and some bone bolts and managed, after some time of trying, to kill a camel.  Then he ran into a nightwing.  He managed to get off a single shot before it began mauling him.  The elephant calf, which I had hoped would at least be some help, did nothing but run around in a panic.

Urist McElephantOwner soon bled to death, but in the process he managed to bring the nightwing close enough to the main entrance for the tame magma crabs I had stationed there to notice it.  They pummeled it to death with flying globs of molten obsidian. 

The fortress soon had elephant calf roasts in celebration.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Sunkwell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17485 on: December 01, 2011, 12:23:13 am »

oh, you know, badgers...
and the frequent hidden cave-ins(11 so far, 10 seconds apart...WHEN WILL IT END?!)
He took joy in slaughter lately.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17486 on: December 01, 2011, 12:38:53 am »

oh, you know, badgers...
and the frequent hidden cave-ins(11 so far, 10 seconds apart...WHEN WILL IT END?!)

When the magma sea is gone.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17487 on: December 01, 2011, 07:34:35 pm »

Struck the earth at Whisperbolt in a new world where I'm playing with the results of Sphalerite's random plant generator.

Holy (pardon my Goblin) is that platinum sticking out of the cliff face there? Where there's platinum there tends to be...

... SURFACE MAGNETITE. I LOVE THIS SITE ALREADY. Now, just let me find some...

*DFHack, "prospect all"*

... flux?

*DFHack returns nada*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17488 on: December 01, 2011, 07:39:36 pm »

Iron weapon traps over a 20-z trench, and exceptional quality trade access seem to be in order for you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17489 on: December 01, 2011, 07:56:42 pm »

Indeed. I've got like fifty kinds of edible/brewable plants, along with some that can be used for thread and dye. Food trade, dye trade, and ALL OF THE PLATINUM. ALL OF THEM.

There's also a total buttload of gems, but most of those look to be only semiprecious. Still, a master gemcutter's got to be worth something, right?
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 3842