Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6129096 times)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #15255 on: August 08, 2011, 10:16:25 am »

If that thing will be implemented, it shall be frightening sight.

"No, Urist, calm down FOR FUCK'S SAKE THAT'S WATER CISTE-*Whooooosh!*"

Your fortress crumbled to it's end :P

That would be awesome.

Another mood, another possessed jeweller. I think all of my jewellers (keep getting 'em in migration waves) have been possessed. Bloody dwarves can't even get properly moody.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: August 08, 2011, 11:05:04 am »

I found a tribe of cave fish people by accident when breaching the caverns. 2 miners died. Though in the chaos the militia commander was able to strangle one to death and take its spear and continue to kill a few of them. Going to send him in again to finish the rest off soon. Plants have been harvested on the tundra surface and barrels made for a growing booze stockpile. A few immigrants came that have been pressed into extra food gathering and stonecrafting labor so there's something to trade come winter.

The militia leader killed the rest of the tribe off. having gained alot of combat skills and not suffering a single wound. Never more shall the cave fish people trouble Frosthames! Plus they had leather and food I can put to good use.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:10:17 pm by Lexx »

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: August 08, 2011, 11:22:49 am »

Starting another 10k point mega-embark, designed for the caverns. Bringing 100 of each dwarven wine, beer, rum, ale and sherry, 80 each of pond grabber and naked mole dog meats, 40 each of cave fish and lobster, 80 slime molds and 80 plump helmets. Other takings will be listed later in an EDIT: format.

How long is my provision stock going to last me?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: August 08, 2011, 11:42:57 am »

Our siege engineer's eggs just hatched.
She is now holding 7 impalion babies.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Aiyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15259 on: August 08, 2011, 11:45:10 am »

Niccolo, they can topple buildings, just like any other tantruming dwarf.

Ohhh, it was... Oh. Like, actual supports. I imagined it to be naturally carved pillars. My mistake.

I knew they could topple buildings, I was just imagining a psychotic miner swinging his pick wildly at whatever walls he could find.

^ This would be awesome. Sadly trees is right. It was some walls I'd placed to hold up the roof... it looked nicer than slate pillars. The only problem was when Urist McAngryminer couldn't find any nearby dwarves and broke em.
Sarchasm, Noun (Sar-Kaz-Im)
Definition: The gulf between your smartass comment, and the poor bastard that just doesn't get it.

Aiyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15260 on: August 08, 2011, 11:48:12 am »

Our siege engineer's eggs just hatched.
She is now holding 7 impalion babies.

Can you explain how you did this? :3
Also, I screwed something up... I set my dwarves to no_drink because I was in a desert... they all stopped what they were doing to try and find water.
Sarchasm, Noun (Sar-Kaz-Im)
Definition: The gulf between your smartass comment, and the poor bastard that just doesn't get it.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15261 on: August 08, 2011, 11:57:56 am »

Can you explain how you did this? :3
I made them lay eggs. Simple.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15262 on: August 08, 2011, 12:19:15 pm »

I'm noticing far fewer merchant casualties with a large map. I believe this is largely due to the number of ambushers on a map versus the area they have to cover. I also like to think it has to do with my cellular corner-sections with a trap and doors. I have like 8 ways to get into the outer defenses, and like 8 to get into the middle defenses. I lock the doors as soon as a trap is triggered.

I'm still trying to think of a compatible way to deal with building destroyers, since the abundance of doors will be a distraction from pillar traps. I'm currently working on a lever to raise a bridge next to every outside entrance. That's a lot of bridges. Oh well, I got lots of schist to play with.

Also working on a nice target-practice chamber. It's basically a 2-z-level-fall pit sealed off by hatches and floodgates, with a height-advantage fortification room for archery practice.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15263 on: August 08, 2011, 01:33:41 pm »

Desperately need the dwarven caravan to show up. Not to trade with them, though that's needed, but to intentionally piss them off so they don't send more migrants for two years.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15264 on: August 08, 2011, 01:37:59 pm »

Desperately need the dwarven caravan to show up. Not to trade with them, though that's needed, but to intentionally piss them off so they don't send more migrants for two years.
I don't think anyone really decides when to send migrants.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15265 on: August 08, 2011, 01:39:59 pm »

My mege-embark fort dug down to the caverns in the cave challenge, and I see a camp of olm-peoples. I have no military or hunters. What do? Make some crossbows, bolts and quivers and shoot back, or what?

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15266 on: August 08, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »

speardwarf *Risen has lost his right hand and wounded his foot in battle. Now I'm training up crutch-walking by... having him kill animals in the arena. He's currently chasing a deer around in circles, and he's up to Adequate crutch walker.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15267 on: August 08, 2011, 02:17:17 pm »

I don't think anyone really decides when to send migrants.

I've done it repeatedly. Piss off the traders, they leave in a huff, and no migrants until the traders return. I think this is because you're technically at war with your home civilization, so no migrants. But because you can't actually be at war with them, no one shows up to fight you.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

Weary Exile

• Bay Watcher
  • Beard Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15268 on: August 08, 2011, 02:28:13 pm »

23rd Malachite-- A forgotten beast arrived, a great flat worm composed of vomit. It was quickly dispatched, collapsing into a pile of vomit, and I thought that was the end of that. But now some poor schmuck has actually come to haul away the corpse, if you can call it that. It weighs 11999 Urists and IT'S A PILE OF GODDAMN VOMIT. Poor guy can barely move under the weight.

Also, this raises the question of whose vomit is this anyway? And how did it congeal into a beast, a flatworm with wings and a bloated body? And for the love of god, why???
It's like regular childcare, except with more dogs, and less care.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15269 on: August 08, 2011, 02:30:06 pm »

23rd Malachite-- A forgotten beast arrived, a great flat worm composed of vomit. It was quickly dispatched, collapsing into a pile of vomit, and I thought that was the end of that. But now some poor schmuck has actually come to haul away the corpse, if you can call it that. It weighs 11999 Urists and IT'S A PILE OF GODDAMN VOMIT. Poor guy can barely move under the weight.

Also, this raises the question of whose vomit is this anyway? And how did it congeal into a beast, a flatworm with wings and a bloated body? And for the love of god, why???
Methinks that a dragon saw shock sites.
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 3842