Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6128705 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #15180 on: August 06, 2011, 06:00:19 pm »

That's strange. Maybe training them allows them to breed? I'll try that. Right now they just lay eggs that never hatch.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #15181 on: August 06, 2011, 06:18:27 pm »

some of my animals don't even need to be tame to breed: i trapped cavy boars in a pit, all wild, and they won't stop breeding. if i ever open that pit they'll mob me.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #15182 on: August 06, 2011, 06:37:19 pm »

Two legendary miners and a baby experienced the effects of gravity as they managed to channel themselves into a free fall through the magma piston's entire height. The juicy results have made me consider using the piston's shaft as an execution tower.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #15183 on: August 06, 2011, 06:58:15 pm »

What visualizer is that?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

orrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15184 on: August 06, 2011, 07:16:11 pm »

That's strange. Maybe training them allows them to breed? I'll try that. Right now they just lay eggs that never hatch.

Animals with the [PET_EXOTIC] tag won't breed, even if you buy them tame.  You can either remove the tag, or attempt to capture a wild population; I believe they'll breed if they're untamed as long as long as you can keep them contain on your map for long enough (Also they don't need to eat, handy for things like elephants).

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15185 on: August 06, 2011, 07:35:57 pm »

Fey mood?  Yay!  Metalsmith's Forge?  Yay! It's gonna be sweet.   And it is.  An awesome copper artifact boot.  A single boot.    :-\  Well, now all I have to do is wait for someone to lose a leg.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15186 on: August 06, 2011, 07:46:32 pm »

Captured 5 goblins in my first ambush lost 2 dwarves and 10 wardogs.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #15187 on: August 06, 2011, 07:49:20 pm »

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15188 on: August 06, 2011, 07:57:53 pm »

HAHA! Freecraft has succeeded again! This time my military took down two sieges, one with frogmen and one with tigermen (both armed and the frogman captain came in riding an alligator which we killed with two arrows before it even reached the gates).  We lost two dwarves in the process but its ok, they will be missed.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15189 on: August 06, 2011, 08:03:01 pm »

Animals with the [PET_EXOTIC] tag won't breed, even if you buy them tame.  You can either remove the tag, or attempt to capture a wild population; I believe they'll breed if they're untamed as long as long as you can keep them contain on your map for long enough (Also they don't need to eat, handy for things like elephants).

PET_EXOTIC? What's that? All my animals have PET. And the ones in question also have COMMON_DOMESTIC.

But all those problems are in the past. I started a new fort after increasing my embark points just enough to buy a female roc (will buy a male from the caravan) and a breeding pair of giant eagles on embark. Problem fucking solved. I didn't really like where Whipriver had turned out anyway.

EDIT: Rocs are actually really heavy. The weight of a roc cage obscures its price on the trade screen, and a caravan pack animal carrying a roc cage can't carry anything else.

EDIT2: Mwahahahahahahaha!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:24:37 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15190 on: August 06, 2011, 08:29:58 pm »

Got my first true siege I think I might capture them all with my trap hallway and those that get through will probably be slaughtered by my weapons traps. The rest can be swept away by my fledgling military.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15191 on: August 06, 2011, 08:39:45 pm »

With my mega-embark of 10k embark points worth of useful crap, I managed to wind up with TWO FRIGGIN' WAGONLOADS of stuff.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #15192 on: August 06, 2011, 08:41:17 pm »

Uh... how good is platinum for maces? Cos I just got an artifact one. Should I place this in the hands of a mighty warrior dwarf and make him train until he's practically a god?

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15193 on: August 06, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »

I've heard platinum is a real nice material for blunt weapons, but it can only be made into weapons from either a mood or modding platinum to be a weapon material.

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15194 on: August 06, 2011, 08:45:59 pm »

Uh... how good is platinum for maces? Cos I just got an artifact one. Should I place this in the hands of a mighty warrior dwarf and make him train until he's practically a god?

Platinum is THE best blunt weapons material.
Pages: 1 ... 1011 1012 [1013] 1014 1015 ... 3842