Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6128200 times)

valayane

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels butchering Roc: Hndling Dangerous Creature
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #15090 on: August 04, 2011, 07:58:25 pm »

ya, thing is (s)he won't be safe from flying/tough buildingdestroyers, as they'll destroy the bridge and fly/jump down to eat his/her brains
edit: and what's left of the food & booze, most likely
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:00:49 pm by valayane »
Valayane likes Gold, Silver, Adamantium and Slade, he likes the color Bloodred, likes Dragons for their terrible majesty and prefers to consume Masterfully Prepared Roc Meat and Sunshine

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15091 on: August 04, 2011, 07:58:48 pm »

Well once i've thought about it a bit more i intend to add a suggestions post about it :). I've also added an edit to my previous post.

valayane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15092 on: August 04, 2011, 08:06:06 pm »

u know, i still feel sad about my stonelady dying :'(
she was my favorite (smartest and most useful) dwarf.. well, ever    <:(
i gave her a separate tomb, with engravings and golden statues and floor, RIP stonelady :(
Valayane likes Gold, Silver, Adamantium and Slade, he likes the color Bloodred, likes Dragons for their terrible majesty and prefers to consume Masterfully Prepared Roc Meat and Sunshine

valayane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15093 on: August 04, 2011, 08:18:30 pm »

MUST..ELIMINATE...ALL...VERMIN...
aaaaaaaargh!!!
vermin r eating away my plants, why, oh great toady one, why did this have to happen??

note: i have no cats or anything to kill the vermin.  :'( :'( :'(

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15094 on: August 04, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »

Honestly with the new pasture feature cats are great, you can limit them to your food stores and they'll never leave to bring dead things into your fort to leave miasma.  As for breeding.. Kill kittens fast?

valayane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15095 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:04 pm »

i have no cats because having them brings more trouble that it's worth, i've no use for my framerate being eaten away, rocs provide me with plenty of food to export -having covered the needs of my dwarves alrdy- and plants r there for booze, whereas i have a well, and the masterfuly prepared food counters the negative thoughts about the abscense of booze.

valayane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15096 on: August 04, 2011, 08:29:31 pm »

btw, rocs r easy to keep as they require neither food nor drink, other, smaller cattle always seem to starve however, don't they eat grass? or do i have to provide those leeches with food as well?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15097 on: August 04, 2011, 08:32:26 pm »

MUST..ELIMINATE...ALL...VERMIN...
aaaaaaaargh!!!
vermin r eating away my plants, why, oh great toady one, why did this have to happen??

note: i have no cats or anything to kill the vermin.  :'( :'( :'(

Use dwarves with the trapper labor and animal traps to collect the vermin.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15098 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:09 pm »

A roc discussion has given me ideas.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

valayane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15099 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:23 pm »

they'll more likely go out and start wrestling with a member of to from one of the many badger families that stain my land :/
but thx for the advise :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:37:30 pm by valayane »

valayane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15100 on: August 04, 2011, 08:39:27 pm »

my first idea was to do it with dragons, actually, but then i noticed rocs were more profitable in my meat-industry :)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15101 on: August 04, 2011, 08:52:46 pm »

OH GOD SO MANY HISTORICAL FIGURES. This is the first world I genned that hit six figures for hist. figs. It was even a medium world, and I usually gen large worlds. It's only on year 10 for dorfsakes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

valayane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15102 on: August 04, 2011, 09:04:18 pm »

lol, 9pm, my beard, it's 4am here, take that :D

HUGE_WALRUS

• Bay Watcher
  • What was that, sandvich? Kill them all?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15103 on: August 04, 2011, 10:00:41 pm »

My fort saw its first violence when a pack of rhesus monkeys doorbusted the place for no apparent reason.  Most seemed to go for the trading stockpile, but one ran directly into the fort and caused chaos biting and attacking various dorfs until three conscripted axedorfs managed to give him a lesson in good manners.

Oddly, nothing was stolen and the only real victim was a slightly mauled war dog.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15104 on: August 04, 2011, 10:48:31 pm »

I have no invaders.

None.

Seriously, there are no goblins, kobolds, nothing. My biggest problem was a grizzly bear who got caught in a trap... he's now trained as a war grizzly who shall devour Elves because fuck Elves.

One question, though: Why can grizzlies be trained by an animal trainer, but a badger takes a dungeon master?

I'm currently jury-rigging my trade depot to become a drowning trap - I have a rather nasty infestation of hippies and the best way to get rid of them, it would seem, is to flush them all down into the aquifer.

I don't think I've thought this through entirely.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 1005 1006 [1007] 1008 1009 ... 3842