Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127388 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14940 on: July 31, 2011, 03:39:40 pm »

...i'm afraid...

an elf which eats dwarfves...is it really possible? cannibal...elves?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14941 on: July 31, 2011, 03:41:30 pm »

Twenty.
Freaking.
Two.
Migrants.
And the giant tarantula babies' wool is growing, I'll have more tarantula wool cloth later.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14942 on: July 31, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »

...i'm afraid...

The heathen will pick a war over some lumps of wood but butchering and eating sapient beings is perfectly fine for them.

I just had one of our Dorfs construct another artifact out of bituminous coal. They must love the stuff. It's a bed this time. So now I've got a coal bed and table, or, as I like to call it, the D-bag Noble Assassination Collection from LaZDorf. I'm just glad we had some cats around to butcher to get him his damned tanned hides. We've been failing more moods than succeeding at Anusdimple. Of course, that only proves my design which allows any workshop to be sealed with a single wall is good stuff. Prevented a lot of !!Fun!!.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14943 on: July 31, 2011, 03:46:20 pm »

...i'm afraid...

[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14944 on: July 31, 2011, 03:50:01 pm »

...i'm screwing the next elven caravan which comes about. Just to make my point.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14945 on: July 31, 2011, 03:51:12 pm »

...i'm screwing the next elven caravan which comes about. Just to make my point.
You're gonna screw the elves? I hope they're female.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14946 on: July 31, 2011, 04:14:29 pm »

You're gonna screw the elves? I hope they're female.

using giant corkscrew, obviously. >.> any dwarf would have seen through that! are you an elf!?

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: July 31, 2011, 06:41:17 pm »

Up until now, the Elves haven't made themselves quite annoying to my fortress; the most I ever noticed them was when they ran away from Gobbers and I got to laugh or something. So a heathen caravan comes on in and we roll out bins and bins of the best quality rock mechandise we could find. Pages upon pages of designation where I had to mark each and every god damned =conglomerate scepter=. I was just about hand-dead by the time we got done. Big business was going down here, tens of thousands of Dorfbucks worth of stuff on both sides. We lined up a good Trader Profit because we're such a generous and fair people at Anusdimple...

"Once a beautiful tree, now a bauble fit only for your kind!"
Douchebag Elfbag Communist Hippie seems unwilling to trade.

So I missed one single bin and he got his feelings hurt. The two hundred logs we agreed to purchase from his caravan, no, he was cool with that. And the other twenty bins of stuff were ok becuase we took out each bit and kept the bins for ourselves. But telling them to just take the stupid bin, this-one-time? Dealbreaker, baby. Complete and abject atrocity. I might as well have started gassing Jews right there in that Depot for all he cared.

Imbecilic pagan creatures such as these deserve none of this province's finest crafts and arts. I ordered the Champion of Anusdimple and his best troops to seize all the goods we had designated for the trade. So instead of a fairly even exchange that further promotes goodwill between intelligent peoples, we got everything and the Elves got the boot. This was what came of this fortress' flawless relations to this point? A single *Larch Bin* ruins the deal? They are fortunate they were not cast out by Dorfen arms.

... So when can I expect the ten-page ambush?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14948 on: August 01, 2011, 01:27:19 am »

le wordwall
I'm pretty sure hippies ambush you only if you're already at war with them, or you mod their diplomat back in and kill them.

Anyway, I just got attacked by a kobold thief.

I bought some wooden armor from the elves, because that's all I can use until I get metal. I also made our militar commander a wooden club out of glumprong. Useless, but still should deal some damage. And our bookkeeper just gave birth to two battlehardened twins.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:53:28 am by jaxy15 »

JTH

• Bay Watcher
  • Selemat Pagi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14949 on: August 01, 2011, 03:33:35 am »

Up until now, the Elves haven't made themselves quite annoying to my fortress; the most I ever noticed them was when they ran away from Gobbers and I got to laugh or something. So a heathen caravan comes on in and we roll out bins and bins of the best quality rock mechandise we could find. Pages upon pages of designation where I had to mark each and every god damned =conglomerate scepter=. I was just about hand-dead by the time we got done. Big business was going down here, tens of thousands of Dorfbucks worth of stuff on both sides. We lined up a good Trader Profit because we're such a generous and fair people at Anusdimple...

"Once a beautiful tree, now a bauble fit only for your kind!"
Douchebag Elfbag Communist Hippie seems unwilling to trade.

So I missed one single bin and he got his feelings hurt. The two hundred logs we agreed to purchase from his caravan, no, he was cool with that. And the other twenty bins of stuff were ok becuase we took out each bit and kept the bins for ourselves. But telling them to just take the stupid bin, this-one-time? Dealbreaker, baby. Complete and abject atrocity. I might as well have started gassing Jews right there in that Depot for all he cared.

Imbecilic pagan creatures such as these deserve none of this province's finest crafts and arts. I ordered the Champion of Anusdimple and his best troops to seize all the goods we had designated for the trade. So instead of a fairly even exchange that further promotes goodwill between intelligent peoples, we got everything and the Elves got the boot. This was what came of this fortress' flawless relations to this point? A single *Larch Bin* ruins the deal? They are fortunate they were not cast out by Dorfen arms.

... So when can I expect the ten-page ambush?

That was the exact same thing that happened to me. Third year of my fortress was seeing hard times with food shortages and we were trading for nearly every good on the caravan, especially food. Unfortunately, I tried to sell him a pine flute and he got all uppity. I exited the trade screen and they start packing up, so I sit for a moment and think: "We have no food, if they leave, my 80 dwarves will starve in no time." So I send my legendary cripple swordsman Ber to lop their heads off. Food tastes great when you don't have to listen to some hippy when they hand it over to you.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14950 on: August 01, 2011, 05:23:30 am »

I bought some wooden armor from the elves, because that's all I can use until I get metal. I also made our militar commander a wooden club out of glumprong. Useless, but still should deal some damage. And our bookkeeper just gave birth to two battlehardened twins.

That is both sad and humorous.

Wooden crossbows could work, you know. They do a lot of damage. And there's the added fun of shooting Elves with lengths of wood.

Wait.

That sounded better in my head.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: August 01, 2011, 06:07:47 am »

Our farmer, one of our starting seven, went into a fey mood and demanded yarn cloth.
We had sheared all of our non-baby giant tarantulas, so what did I do?
I butchered two.
He made a sexy top hat later.

Weary Exile

• Bay Watcher
  • Beard Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: August 01, 2011, 06:22:53 am »

I just had two goblin ambushes consisting of a single goblin each. According to the combat reports they just killed each other before I could do anything.
Huh.
It's like regular childcare, except with more dogs, and less care.

ReaverAxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: August 01, 2011, 07:20:25 am »

I've had a Violet Xelic siege sitting by they're caged leader refusing to move for the last 4-5 months. Normally I'd send out the military but they all have bows and I've recently melted down all my iron armor thinking I would get one bar back per melted item, big mistake there. Now I have them locked out while I get enough steel produced to arm all 112 of my militia. Once half way done with that another siege pops up. Yet again its the violet Xelics. Unpause the game for 30 seconds and another siege pops up, this time goblins. Unpause it again and yet ANOTHER siege pops up, Bugbears this time. Now I have over 500 hostiles outside my walls and every single one of them is running around with a bow or crossbow. Fun.

Edit: And they brought war Honey Badgers.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:31:42 am by ReaverAxis »

Mobotium

• Bay Watcher
  • I dont know who you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: August 01, 2011, 09:28:31 am »

My jeweller made a large Star Ruby gem, and for some reason proceeded to engrave and encrust it with every single cut gem I had in my fort, the result is worth more than 10000  :o
Yes he is... So the countess will never bread?
If she doesnt bread, let her cake.
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 3842