Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6126698 times)

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14760 on: July 23, 2011, 01:44:08 pm »

It's that time again! PIRATE DWARF FORTRESS!

(ok so it's a bit early for international speak like a pirate day, but still.)

As an added challenge I am embarking with no miners, and no picks, they must build their pirate cove completely from the wood around them, then built a shipyard in which to build their grand vessel.

I've Got names now! The Merchants of Blood have settled in The Camp of Crows!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:29:38 pm by lanceleoghauni »
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14761 on: July 23, 2011, 03:11:04 pm »

A duck was fleeing from a goblin.  After much painstaking deliberation (it took all of 2 seconds) I decided to fire the ballista even though the poor unfortunate duck was in the way.

Right before the arrow hit the duck the goblin spearman that was chasing it caught up and tackled it to the ground while missing his strike.  Making the duck duck(ha!) the arrow as the goblin ate the ballista arrow with his face.

The duck then dodged goblin arrows and made it into the fortress safely (and completely uninjured) and the goblins found themselves in a meat grinder.

Go little ducky go!

P.S. In the same vein a clothier and an armorer were also near the duck when the goblins appeared, and promptly ran the wrong way and got slaughtered.  Ducks are smarter than dwarves.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:12:50 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: July 23, 2011, 04:04:49 pm »

Man, Even Dense forests don't pack as much wood as I'd like, I've got enough little shanties to give each dwarf a bed with one room mate, but this palisade is going to take forever o_o

And I've got badgers...

*Mayor facepalms*

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #14763 on: July 23, 2011, 04:09:02 pm »

Badgers attacked woodcutter but he was able to run to nearby militia squad and no one was harmed. Meanwhile my haulers had just cleaned the mess elfs had left behind when new elf merchants arrived and were immediately killed by goblins... Goblins were killed with no casualties but now I got new mess to clean. ::)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: July 23, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »

Year One at The Camp Of Crows is finished! Not gotten as far as I'd have liked, but so far everything's going swimmingly (not literally yet). I've decided that I'll simply IMPORT all the stone I want, I'll just use wood for everything else, No digging on this map. The Merchants of Blood are Surface Dwarves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Mayor facepalms*

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: July 23, 2011, 04:33:01 pm »

You... You ELF!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: July 23, 2011, 04:37:18 pm »

On the contrary, I've been murdering the trees the elves love so much with reckless abandon, and soon my Pirate cove will look more Piratical. I suppose, once I've gotten a bit built I might buy a pick or two and start getting stone for the bottom levels of taller buildings, right now I've not got anything above 2-3 stories.

*Mayor facepalms*

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: July 23, 2011, 04:59:07 pm »

I built a falling chamber to injure my cannon fodder squads that became too good while sieges were 4 years late

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: July 23, 2011, 05:43:20 pm »

On the contrary, I've been murdering the trees the elves love so much with reckless abandon, and soon my Pirate cove will look more Piratical. I suppose, once I've gotten a bit built I might buy a pick or two and start getting stone for the bottom levels of taller buildings, right now I've not got anything above 2-3 stories.

*palisade not completed*

Suddenly, goblins :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: July 23, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »

Breached caverns, and I realize I'm only ever going to find tetrahedrite and marble. Using the three bars of steel I was able to acquire to make short swords for the three swords lords. I'll have to secure the first cavern and then move all operations underground, as per plan. Having that high master weaponsmith show up was an Armoksend though.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14770 on: July 23, 2011, 06:05:37 pm »

So I realized I have well over 600 copper bars with many more breastplates, shields, and helms waiting to be melted down.  I get some tin off the caravans, but a lot less now that I've got a king, so I have no idea what to do with all this excess copper--any suggestions?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #14771 on: July 23, 2011, 06:16:22 pm »

So I realized I have well over 600 copper bars with many more breastplates, shields, and helms waiting to be melted down.  I get some tin off the caravans, but a lot less now that I've got a king, so I have no idea what to do with all this excess copper--any suggestions?

Build temple of copper with copper furniture, floors, statues and all that.

I just got my non copper metal industry going on so thats what im going to do with my copper from now on. My current world is so very poor in iron that even goblinite is copper and few in numbers.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: July 23, 2011, 06:19:15 pm »

Copper bridge like dwarven ones in TES:Morrowind :P Large, long, tall, made from only bronze/copper materials.

You don't really need a river for it :D Make it connect two hills or something.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: July 23, 2011, 07:10:18 pm »

*palisade not completed*

Suddenly, goblins :P

Don't you dare jinx me, you bastard  :'( I really like this fort.

Though I feel reassured in that Since I got the most recent version I've not seen a single Elf, Human, Or Goblin. so I don't even think it's going to happen
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:25:55 pm by lanceleoghauni »

*Mayor facepalms*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: July 23, 2011, 07:34:53 pm »

The duck then dodged goblin arrows and made it into the fortress safely (and completely uninjured) and the goblins found themselves in a meat grinder.

Go little ducky go!

The duck did it again.  It seems the duck is always in danger because it's always going to where it's master died (to an angry yak) years ago.  Which is in my bee hive area outside my defenses.  This time trolls decided to take offense at my semi protected bee hive area and broke down the door that kept the rest of the invaders out.  The poor duck was on the other side of the door.

But lo!  The duck starts attacking the trolls!  Either desperate to save her master's deathtile or to protect the hives!  But it's just one duck against 7 trolls!  This can't possibly go well,  But...the duck is winning?  It hasn't killed any yet but one of the trolls is unconscious, and the duck isn't dead yet.  I check the combat logs and...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's SUPERDUCK! 

The duck doesn't have any special materials or anything, it's just a normal vanilla duck.  My only guess at what's happening is that the extremely large trolls attacking the extremely small duck overflow some combat force variable or another, making their attacks completely harmless.  The only times they manage to put the duck in any peril at all is when they put a chokehold on it, but the others are too buzy charging the duck and pushing it away for anything to ever come of it.  A short time later my military arrives at the hives to save my feathered green friend. 

My engravers really need to make more engravings of this duck instead of the mayor's love of gloves.  The duck managed to save all but 4 of the hives.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 3842