Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125851 times)

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14640 on: July 17, 2011, 09:20:22 pm »

Shiny new fort in a good spot next to a volcanoe. First order of business: A very cool-looking magma moat.

My Militia Commander (from original 7)'s first order of business: Attacking the Rhesus Macaques that came on to the bridge. CHARGE! ... Oh, dammit. You idiot.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14641 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:50 pm »

Blasted Human caravan doesn't appear to be coming. And I was hoping for useful bronze and booze...

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #14642 on: July 17, 2011, 10:03:23 pm »

Blasted Human caravan doesn't appear to be coming. And I was hoping for useful bronze and booze...

Don't forget you can send out herbalists to collect plants as well..
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14643 on: July 18, 2011, 05:17:14 am »

created a freezing world (-250/+25)
Then set out to colonize a vulcano in a gletsjer near a goblin tower....
turns out, only dwarves will survive such temperatures.
Only one dwarf was quick enough to grab a pick, her bodyheat probably preserved it, everything else froze into little bits. 
Even my anvil was turned into an XXIron AnvilXX!

Digging down to a cavern is their only hope. sadly we are the seven dwarves miners and forge workers all, so no farmers.

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14644 on: July 18, 2011, 05:36:07 am »

after trapping some wild cavy boars, they have bred. i now have wild cavy pups. how could this happen?

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14645 on: July 18, 2011, 05:40:58 am »

CANDY SPIRE STARTING IN THE SECOND CAVERN LEVEL

I REPEAT, CANDY SPIRAL STARTING AT -60z

i've never even touched candy until i get to the magma sea.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14646 on: July 18, 2011, 06:09:21 am »

CANDY SPIRE STARTING IN THE SECOND CAVERN LEVEL

I REPEAT, CANDY SPIRAL STARTING AT -60z

i've never even touched candy until i get to the magma sea.
Meh, tha's notin', Ye ned a collapsin cavrn! Then ye might even get a spire above ground. :P

edit: congratulations though!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:12:25 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14647 on: July 18, 2011, 07:11:39 am »

Don't forget you can send out herbalists to collect plants as well..

I don't have very many shrubs, either...

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14648 on: July 18, 2011, 07:54:45 am »

A forgotten beast arrived (hairy snail with poisonous bite). The cheeky sod went and sat in a pool next to my only available candy cane and wouldn't budge. My axedwarves couldn't lure it out, and my marksdwarves showed up with no ammo. So I took the dwarfiest solution I could find:

I had previously set up a small magma pumpstack nearby for the purpose of obsidianising the candy. Now its transport pipe was leaky due to the FB smashing the doors, such that activating the stack caused magma to go everywhere. Half a dozen pump operators were deployed to give the FB a nice obsidian bath...

Edit: Gah! Every time I kill one, another FB shows up!
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14649 on: July 18, 2011, 08:37:12 am »

We had our first real siege (one that we HAD to fight)
We were poorly prepared except one good squad was already armored. I dont use danger rooms. We had about 40 wrestlers with only shields.
about 15 ogres broke through our gates  followed by 3 squads of melee goblins and 1 squad of bowgoblins. we were crushed in seconds and we retreated back into fort. My best squad of 5 was only squad without casualties. our quickly built cage traps captured few ogres. Then hell went loose and about 30 dorfs were literally raped.
We managed to kill a few and goblins started to panic even though they had massive over power. we killed some while about 30 enemies were fleeing my two last poorly armored military guys. Hahahaha

http://postimage.org/image/2k87ibr1g/ Screenshot after battle
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:39:27 am by dwarfhoplite »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14650 on: July 18, 2011, 08:54:16 am »

Knifemurders (man, i love that name) now not only has a magma weapon for surface-dwellers, it can be reconfigured to fire water, too.  Because i could.  With a backup magma weapon in the event the pump stack is offline.  Additionally, the trade depot is now in a small enclose underground room that strangely has a closable grate in the floor and a floodgate in one wall that bars a vertical channel from the reservoir.  Rather odd, that...

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14651 on: July 18, 2011, 11:32:03 am »

My fort doing abnormally well, and I just found out why. There are no goblins nearby. I seems I can take my sweet time building super-defenses, and then actually choose when to make my enemies. Kobold thieves are luckily my biggest actual threat, followed closely by angry dwarves.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14652 on: July 18, 2011, 11:33:05 am »

I have no idea why, but NONE of my recent forts have had goblins, and I didn't intentionally get rid of them...

The Game seems dead set to make sure I never have iron, not that I use it for anything.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14653 on: July 18, 2011, 11:37:26 am »

Damn! No Humans this year for Dikefaith. And my booze managed to trickle around to about 25 drinks.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14654 on: July 18, 2011, 02:23:23 pm »

I had four legendary soldiers that had been sent with the King.  Except the King hadn't actually shown up, so I had these four unemployed supersoldiers.  I already had a military of about 70, and I didn't really have room for them.
At the same time, I had another problem:  There are no goblins in my world.  This means my military just sits in their barracks sparring (but hardly gaining any skill), with no real combat.
I decided to kill two birds with one stone:  I ordered my military to attack the caravan guards that came with the humans.  Several of my dwarfs were killed, making room for the legendaries, and now I have some war to look forward to.   8)
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
Pages: 1 ... 975 976 [977] 978 979 ... 3842