Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125507 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14550 on: July 13, 2011, 09:33:07 pm »

☼Granite Jug☼?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: July 13, 2011, 09:34:21 pm »

No, that is obviously Genesis mod!
*winkwinknudgenudge*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: July 13, 2011, 10:07:42 pm »

Page 3.
FLIP IT TO PAGE 3!!!

And yeah, Newbunkle just won the thread.

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:38 pm »

Most entertaining read I've had in a bit. Thanks for that. 8)
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: July 13, 2011, 10:48:54 pm »

I successfully modded my game to embark as humans! First time around, I COMPLETELY forgot to add in my copper and coke cheats (coal to coke and lignite to coke, became make coke and make copper, respectively). I fixed it, but now I can't have nobles or military.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: July 13, 2011, 10:57:26 pm »

My pop just hit 110 and I lost my third dwarf to a silk mood. . . . .damn those silk moods!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: July 13, 2011, 11:01:53 pm »

Wow, that was an entertaining read.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: July 14, 2011, 12:03:24 am »

Today in FutureTowns, a miner just... died of spontanious combustion.  I shit you not, there is no open magma source, no raging fire anywhere and yet this legendary miner (and spouse to the Mayor, who is suspiciously ecstatic) just bled to death in a cloud of smoke outside their residence.

WTF Happened?  Did my mayor murder his wife?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: July 14, 2011, 01:25:01 am »

Our mayor/miner just mandated bismuth items. Would melting a bismuth bronze spear and making it into something again work? Because we have no bismuthinite... Thankfully this mayor mainly just prevents export of socks, so i've kept him on as a miner.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: July 14, 2011, 01:37:48 am »

Our mayor/miner just mandated bismuth items. Would melting a bismuth bronze spear and making it into something again work? Because we have no bismuthinite... Thankfully this mayor mainly just prevents export of socks, so i've kept him on as a miner.

Bismuth is not the same as bismuth bronze. I think the bismuth mandate used to be considered to be worthy of an unfortunate accident (wink), but then someone realized that smelting bismuthine ore into bismuth bars counts. But the bars themself can only be used to make bismuth bronze, which no longer counts as bismuth.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: July 14, 2011, 02:53:11 am »

Today in FutureTowns, a miner just... died of spontanious combustion.  I shit you not, there is no open magma source, no raging fire anywhere and yet this legendary miner (and spouse to the Mayor, who is suspiciously ecstatic) just bled to death in a cloud of smoke outside their residence.

WTF Happened?  Did my mayor murder his wife?

Might want to look around closely for magma based vermin - crabs and snakes.  I don't think they can kill dwarves like that, but I may be mistaken.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: July 14, 2011, 03:37:39 am »

Well, I'm hurriedly mining granite in the hope that I can find Bismuthinite so my mayor doesn't put the smackdown on my legendary smith.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: July 14, 2011, 03:40:56 am »

Well, I'm hurriedly mining granite in the hope that I can find Bismuthinite so my mayor doesn't put the smackdown on my legendary smith.

Seriously, your mayor may be more expendable than your smith.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: July 14, 2011, 04:01:02 am »

Steelguilds died badly to a Dimetrodon with deadly blood and external ribs. It actually caused the skin to blister so badly they died when coming into contact with its blood. And it just so happens it covered half the fort in said blood during its death. multi goblin siege showed up but they found just a few horribly blistered dwarfs in a melancholy mood to greet them which they cut down in short order. Then they touched the blood that was everywhere and started dieing also!

A-Dos

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Water!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: July 14, 2011, 04:56:25 am »

Well I just had my first unexpected visitor today, and this particularly violent unexpected visitor was previously killed by his lower body being ripped off. As the moral of the story goes, this unexpected visitor administers the same injury to his victims. HURRY UP AND BUILD SOME FORM OF MEMORIAL, you lazy drunken midgets productive dwarves.
Longest surviving Fortress: Silverpaddle > 9 years > Tantrum Spiral due to an Engraver mistaking Magma for Water and attempted to take a bath. Apparently he had a social life.
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 3842