Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124857 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14385 on: July 07, 2011, 09:25:30 pm »

how the hell do you manage to stay alive after a siege and an ambush!? you're a butcher! an unarmed unarmored butcher!

He's destined to be a different kind of butcher... a butcher of elves and goblins!
So...he has to butcher them with his teeth?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14386 on: July 07, 2011, 09:54:30 pm »

I have faith in him.  Ast the butcher!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14387 on: July 07, 2011, 10:01:01 pm »

Due to a crash I had to revert to an earlier save. Sparkz is now back in hospital, and the two casualties are alive again.  >:(

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: July 08, 2011, 01:54:57 am »

Embark screen said "Elves War", so I'm really excited and expecting a lot of FUN.  :)
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14389 on: July 08, 2011, 02:06:44 am »

I have faith in him.  Ast the butcher!

if he survives the battle against all his broken sides, i'll place him in a squad and train him.
Well, considering i also have a hunter without his left side (why the hell do all dwarves love to lose left and right arms!?) i could place them in the same squad.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14390 on: July 08, 2011, 02:14:29 am »

Embark screen said "Elves War", so I'm really excited and expecting a lot of FUN.  :)

That happened to me with my current fort - You might want some guys with crossbows ready, because they came in on giant-eagle-back to siege me.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: July 08, 2011, 02:16:42 am »

In year 20, the failed obsidian trap, both floors of it, all the trapped magma and water, all the obsidian formations, all 30 of the bridges, everything has been excavated and we're ready for a new, better trap system.  There is a design concept which has promise.

The original 18 dwarves we were able to gather together now number 40, with 22 children and babies.  There have been no deaths or injuries despite the miners knocking themselves out many, many times while collapsing the pockets of unsupported rock in the old obsidian mixer/trap. The doc says the adults and older children are all so fat that a ton or so of rock hitting us will just bounce off.  I'm not willing to test it, but the miners seem to take it for granted.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14392 on: July 08, 2011, 02:21:48 am »

Bring some military. Their wooden bolts and mounts are still powerful enough to rip through your dwarves.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14393 on: July 08, 2011, 03:08:49 am »

After embarking at a nice little place, 4x4, valley-ish, stream running about halfway through, I dug the fortress, set up everything and I am currently expanding our industry while waiting for the inevitable attacks. We are at war with both the kobolds and the elves, since the goblins died off. This is gonna be fun since I never fought tree humping, fresh-smelling pansies elves before.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14394 on: July 08, 2011, 05:05:43 am »

Just started a tradition by accident about a week ago. Three dwarves were down in the caverns when I walled them off, and I decided to leave them there, dropping down a pick and an axe for them to use. Now, every year, I drop three more down. I'm currently up to twelve hermits, who are currently in the process of digging towards magma and the sweet blue and red surprises at the bottom.

(yes, I still use my mod that I haven't bothered to rerelease since .18 or so.)
くコ:彡

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14395 on: July 08, 2011, 07:03:03 am »

Dead Civ so 14 dwarfs and I just check and I have a candy shop, Sweet first one, This embark is the best.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14396 on: July 08, 2011, 08:17:34 am »

I just slaughtered two Titans. One was made of snow and got bisected by my axedwarf in a single hit. The other was a giant centipede that shot webs. It got surrounded and died of a million cuts.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14397 on: July 08, 2011, 09:34:48 am »

Knifemurders just got assaulted by about 7 sequential ambushes of eagle-mounted elves.  Had to lock the doors as they're starting to kill my militia.  They're being lead by an Elvish Princess.  A MALE Elvish Princess

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14398 on: July 08, 2011, 09:46:33 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Got that right after another White Tigerman siege.  Lost a carpenter in this one.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: July 08, 2011, 11:56:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Long story short, I've got this siege right? And in the middle of it, some thieves of a very powerful race show up, right? And then this little girl, who's the twin of a little boy and the daughter of a single metalsmith-turned-doctor dwarf, is suddenly possessed (likely by one of the dungeons of ghosts floating around the upper levels of the obsidian alchemist tower I've got). I'm waiting to see if she'll survive to finish the craft, and if her family will survive as well since...y'know...there's a voidwalker thief scurrying around in their apartment "building" and I'm fairly certain the father's personality is such that he -will- fight if he sees it.

This is post is entirely unedited, I might maybe go back and fix it up later. More than likely, I'll just forget about it.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 3842