Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 956 957 [958] 959 960 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124737 times)

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14355 on: July 06, 2011, 01:39:04 pm »

A human diplomat arrived. So I released my mayor from military service. He's my best soldier too. And seconds later, before the diplomat even introduced himself, the mayor went moody and claimed a carpenter's workshop. I hoped the diplomat would wait around but apparently he didn't like being snubbed like that and went away unhappy.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14356 on: July 06, 2011, 02:16:10 pm »

Oh look, the glitch with bone artifacts seems to be fixed. I just got a gold-studded yak bone bed!

huh? what glitch is that?
Wasn't there something with decorating with bone, transmuting your stuff?
I have an artifact goblin bone mace, decorated with goblin bone and polarbear bone.

Personally, I'm having a refined coal shortage... must be corruption I have hundreds of bars in bins, but the smithies are just not seeing the stuff.
I'll try to move it to a bin-les pile.  :-\
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14357 on: July 06, 2011, 04:32:09 pm »

HOLY CRAP!
All I did was embark with a Stonecrafter and have him churn out toys and jewelry (and wooden bolts). In my second migrant wave, I got a talented Jeweler and set him to work encrusting them all. I'm now trading two bins' worth of crafts with my very first caravan, worth 13000 dorfbux. I will also offer a large amethyst worth 2790.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14358 on: July 06, 2011, 06:25:08 pm »

My latest fort Hammergorge has just started. A medium forested grassland with a very steep mountainside to the south. To my giddy joy I can see at least 7 veins of gold poking out of the mountain surface alone. I'm going to be making all wells out of gold and copper in this fort! I've also edited the parameters heavily to increase savagery, forgotten beast amounts and natural cave number and size and made the history last a thousand years to allow dragons a chance to grow up big and strong for me to capture. And lowered all the parameters for attacks of all types.

FUN! shall undoubtedly ensue..

IceShade

• Bay Watcher
  • YOUR HEAD ENGSMSPLODE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14359 on: July 06, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »

Finishing up a massive underground canal with a powered pumpstack that brings in water from the ocean, supposedly desalinizes it and pumps it back into the ocean after it has travelled through the underground canal.

Also had a lovely visit from a hydra. Caught it in a cage, set it in an arena along with a captured Ettin and let my military have some proper fun. The result was a good amount of fat, bones and a stack of 542 Hydra meat.

In another event I had 4 trolls breakthrough my passive defenses. They broke right into the courtyard and were greeted by about 16 war dogs, a few war lions, leopards and other lovely beasts. My courtyard was one massive cyan pool.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14360 on: July 07, 2011, 12:14:30 am »

I just noticed that a heavilly encrusted steel drum has two images on it in gem:  A cyclops striking down an elf, and a dwarf striking down the cyclops.  I don't know what to make of this...
Hopefully it's to show that dwarfs are better than elves.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

kellen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14361 on: July 07, 2011, 01:08:58 am »

Just repelled to simultanius goblin ambushes, plus several baby snatchers...an elf caravan got butchered by them, though. Began redoing the entire fort in marble blocks while also doing my magma-delivery system for every other floor of my fort, seeing as my piston is almost complete....I just hope it works.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14362 on: July 07, 2011, 01:17:51 am »

Fall ended with the first dwarf caravan in two years showing up.  It wasn't totally on the map when a goblin siege arrived with two squads each of archers, infantry, and trolls.

I tried to manipulate gates and tunnel entrances to get the caravan inside safely and almost pulled it off - but two loitering spear goblins noticed the caravan and scattered the merchants
just long enough for an archer squad to come up and massacre the lot of them.  All the guards got were the two spear goblins.  Those archers are now discovering the joys of a trap-filled
tunnel after killing some guard dogs.  Dog and cat killing gets one sentenced to the Arena.  I think I'll give the squad leader to Izzy, our tame desert scorpion.

The rest of that spear goblin squad entered my Outer Keep and discovered what the strange squad stone building was sitting in the middle surrounded by a ditch.  The walls suddenly
 folded down and half a dozen marksdwarves shot them to bits.  (Hereby referred to as the Nectar of the Stone Flower.)

The rest of the siege is sitting in tunnels or getting chewed up by traps.  Though due to some burrow order glitch or bug half a dozen civilians trying to reload cage traps tried to walk past
 a goblin Pike Master and/or his spear squad in the tunnel.  Will have to see if this triggers any sort of tantrum spiral.  Said squad also dispatched a departing human envoy - so we get to see
 how that affects trade relations as well.

And a full squad of eight trolls discovered the hard way that you do not stand on a drawbridge in order to smash a hatch because sometimes hatches have friends - and they smash you!
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14363 on: July 07, 2011, 03:29:22 am »

The main shaft has been lost, we have fallen back to the great hall but we do not expect the food to last the season. I have begun work on the shaft that will connect the hall to the storage galleries. More invaders come via the basilica, they move through the halls, killing the few dwarfs cought outside. They have not found the great spiders pit. They will release the mother of dozens and all her spawn. We will retake the basilica, the court and the bridge. The royal palace wil be sealed. The invaders wll burn as the little magma left in the magma cylinders hits the drink stores.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14364 on: July 07, 2011, 08:02:37 am »

Just started anew. a few seconds in, combat report. What is this? O just my dog and...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/dooooooomed.png/

o god this won't end well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:04:45 am by Lord Snow »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14365 on: July 07, 2011, 08:03:47 am »

Those are normal badgers.

Giant ones are what you should fear.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14366 on: July 07, 2011, 08:05:31 am »

even these seem to be flying into a spiting fit when you so much as look at them. And i gambled; only got 2 axes for defense, and zero armor.

Gyvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14367 on: July 07, 2011, 08:38:43 am »

The FutureTowns Cavern Exploration Team has found Raw Adamantine in the third layer.  PRAISE BE!!!!

The Forgotten Beast Tayo has come!  A Giant blob composed of steam.  It has wings and it appears to be emaciated

All right boys, this is it!  The moment we've been training for!  For the glory of the mountainhomes, we march to our deaths!  CHAKKA SHOK CHAKKA COR!!!!.....

Wait... it was killed by a tribe of beastmen?  WHAT GIVES?!?!?  I thought steam monsters were nigh unkillable.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14368 on: July 07, 2011, 08:46:57 am »

The place is named Knifemurders,  it suffered a tantrum spiral from an attack by Elves on giant eagle-back that got in and killed about 3-5 dwarves.  For some reason, this made the (previously quite happy) 110-odd dwarves lose their shit and start tantruming.  Down to 47.  I'm STILL burying the buggers.  The place is haunted by the dozen, I've STILL got more dead than alive from Fun. (100-odd to about 120 coffins. Still aren't enough).  Oh and i cant keep animals alive worth a damn.  And deciding to flood a cavern for schnitzengiggles (Those damn Crundles will drown, ALL DROWN) has only resulted into just about everything in said cavern getting into my tunnels to cause Fun.  Coffin's are mostly build-a-dwarf puzzle boxes than resting places of quiet dignity from The Tantrum Massacre and the intruders.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14369 on: July 07, 2011, 10:54:07 am »

Apparently amnesia can be helpful. The more you know!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 956 957 [958] 959 960 ... 3842