Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120378 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13875 on: June 10, 2011, 10:27:07 pm »

Kvetching over the vagaries of fate; I just got a mood. Whoopee. It's my armoursmith. HALLELUJAH! It's a possession. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- Best case scenario, I get a nifty piece of armour, worst case, I don't even get that. I'm trying to change it with Runesmith, but it keeps crashing when I try to switch the flag from Possessed to Fey.
You saved before hand, so even if you can't get runesmith to work you can at least ensure that you get a good piece of equipment.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: June 11, 2011, 12:19:32 am »

You could also use runesmith to just force him to be legendary.

Here's to hoping I get a legendary, or at least high master, armor smith to compliment my legendary weaponsmith and blacksmith.

And three legendary engravers. :o

Anyway,
Log of miss Kubuk, militia commander and only dwarf with armoring experience in all of tombworships. Only accomplished, and hasn't done shit yet.

Well, I really need to get to making some armor for me squad, but those logs wont haul themselves.
All done. Could use a drink though. Maybe some dinner. Meh, best to start it in the morning. Might break a nail if I try to use with the forge while remotely drowsy.

Log of Captain Dorf, Militia Captain of the guard and only competent officer in the fortress.
For god sakes now she's off to bed. Why was she ever appointed to a military roll anyway? She's left me in charge of literally everything.

Log of Eric Blank, worthless rooky hammerer who should have been placed in the marksman squad.
Bored. Waiting for the trap to be prepared so I get a chance to squash something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Suihanki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: June 11, 2011, 12:24:27 am »

Things are going well in the relatively new village of Nutrags. There aren't many defenses to speak of save for an inexperienced gang of marksdwarves and a pack of war dogs in the main entrance.

What did make my night was that one of those dogs had racked up enough kills taking out wolves that would wander in, or kobold theives. He earned the name "Chuuseishi," which means "neutron" in Japanese (中性子). Or it could mean "loyal samurai/gentleman (忠誠士)

I'm gonna go with Neutron.
Think of it as Jenga: Mines of Moria edition, and you're not too far off.

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: June 11, 2011, 02:06:31 am »

Blossombanes has reached it's 9th year.  A small fort situated within a remote Glowing Hills.

Our Civilization, the Oat of Planning, has been at was with the Elves of "The True Mountain" since nearly the beginning of history.

She's seen two Goblin and one Elven siege.  All broken by her trio of now Legendary speardwarves, and a Hill Titan that the first Goblin siege threw into the dry-moat, 5 years ago.

That Hill Titan, was struck down this year.  Yemeni Oyifopevo Eyialatha, [Yemeni Feralbulbs, the Trustworthy Lions]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Struck down, by a goblin archer's silver arrow.  Not much different from the 8 other arrows Yemeni had dotting its hide.  Excepting that this one was in the head.

Now to remove the walls, kill the two surviving archers of the last siege, and bury her deep within the stomachs of the dwarves she guarded... and occasionally interrupted from her new, inescapable lair.

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: June 11, 2011, 02:24:37 am »

You could also use runesmith to just force him to be legendary.
:o  ??? Yes, I suppose I could do that, and probably will, but I prefer not to cheat more than I have to, and I'd be quite happy with just changing the type of mood.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13880 on: June 11, 2011, 02:42:22 am »

two artifacts:
cedar amulet worth...60 dwarfbuck.
AND a weapon rack, worth 3600.
Keep it on my dwarfs. Grow with exponential!!!
i suppose the next thing will most likely be an adamantium breastplate worth 3 600 * 3 600 = 12 960 000
and after that...an adamantium artifact cabinet, encrusted with EVERYTHING.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Alloran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: June 11, 2011, 04:00:37 am »

Soooo angry right now.

Urist McBonecarver has been posessed!

Urist McBonecarver grabs
2 Bugbat Bones
1 Cat Bone
1 Ceder Wood
2 Iron Bars
1 Tigerseye

then takes over a crafting station. I'm excited to see what he'll make and he comes out a week later with...

A bugbat bone toy boat. Worth 4800. With no description other than 'a bugbat bone toy boat.' If I'd found lava yet he'd be going right in. >.<

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: June 11, 2011, 04:13:43 am »

Just got my second artifact mechanism, shortly after getting my second artifact floor hatch.  Will be upgrading goblin grinder components again :)
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13883 on: June 11, 2011, 06:15:34 am »

My new fort got ambushed by goblins today, and the noobish soldiers with copper weapons and leather armor were actually able to kill the remaining ones after 4 gobbos ran into cage traps. The two dead soldiers nobody seems to care about, despite the lack of legendary rooms.
At the same time I had my first moody child, a four-year-old who is now a legendary bone carver, and bought fancy superior armor for my militia:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13884 on: June 11, 2011, 07:07:41 am »

A bugbat bone toy boat. Worth 4800. With no description other than 'a bugbat bone toy boat.' If I'd found lava yet he'd be going right in. >.<

Hehe, old version?  thats fixed in the later releases but bone artifacts used to eat everything on them.

My master armorsmith just got possessed and produced a single copper shoe.  Im not happy.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Merijeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: June 11, 2011, 01:17:57 pm »

So...I have a fortress with about 60 dwarves. It's doing well, not great. I have a bunch of idling fools no matter what I do. Anyway, a minotaur shows up. Slowly but surely he carves through my entire fortress. A couple times I try to lure him outside to go up against the Nephilium merchants out there, but no luck. Eventually, my last dwarf dies of thirst.

I decide to recover my fortress. I get in there and I have Nephilium, Elves, and Goblins hanging around inside. All of them are friendly. Weird.

Uh, the Minotaur is still in here. He's just chasing a horse around. I can't possibly kill him, so I just ignore him and hope he'll run into some friendly merchant guards that may kill him. After about five minutes I decide to check and see what's going on...

The horse kicked the shit out of him. Grabbed him by the feet, threw him around, and eventually kicked in his skull. Something 60 dwarves couldn't manage...

-Joe

Sir Leonard III

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: June 11, 2011, 03:13:06 pm »

After a centaur siege a goblin siege appears at my gates.
Luckily I closed it up in time, and set my military to train repeatedly.
After about a couple months they were still here, waiting, watching. I decided to give them what they wanted.
I lower the gates, my military waiting on the other side and they rush across. Luckily, for me, the axe lord was way ahead of the main group and promptly got stabbed several hundred times.

Now a lizardfolk ambush is attacking as only two dwarves take down an entire siege, all because the rest of my military is in Soldier (Can't follow orders) state.

Spearmasters are useful.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 03:23:22 pm by Sir Leonard III »
Hush little baby, listen to my song,
Mamma's gonna tan you a troll leather thong.
And if that thong don't menace with spikes,
Mamma's gonna kill you whatever you like...

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: June 11, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »

Holy SHiT my map is infested with giant badgers already resulting 5 corpses in 30 seconds

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: June 11, 2011, 09:41:49 pm »

So...I have a fortress with about 60 dwarves. It's doing well, not great. I have a bunch of idling fools no matter what I do. Anyway, a minotaur shows up. Slowly but surely he carves through my entire fortress. A couple times I try to lure him outside to go up against the Nephilium merchants out there, but no luck. Eventually, my last dwarf dies of thirst.

I decide to recover my fortress. I get in there and I have Nephilium, Elves, and Goblins hanging around inside. All of them are friendly. Weird.

Uh, the Minotaur is still in here. He's just chasing a horse around. I can't possibly kill him, so I just ignore him and hope he'll run into some friendly merchant guards that may kill him. After about five minutes I decide to check and see what's going on...

The horse kicked the shit out of him. Grabbed him by the feet, threw him around, and eventually kicked in his skull. Something 60 dwarves couldn't manage...

-Joe

That's part of the fun in DF - your legendary axedwarf with masterwork adamantium plate-armor & artifact axe can be brainshot by a really lucky blow from a kitten.  A horse getting a lucky couple blows against a minotaur isn't terribly unlikely.  Can't count on it though.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: June 12, 2011, 01:23:21 am »

I appear to have done something good, or at least extremely dwarfy, and found a whole metric crap-ton of adamatine. Unfortunately, I believe the "dwarfy" thing I did was not put a floodgate on or wall off the tunnel I'd dug to give my miners a way out while they were redirecting the brook this winter...

Now I've got a lovely little lake where my out-door barracks used to be. .___.
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 3842