Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6114331 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13710 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:18 am »

It turns out that one of my migrants was a badgerman.
He flat out raged at the undead ducks and murdered them.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13711 on: June 01, 2011, 09:15:37 am »

My last fort's ending was pretty hilarious. Especially the tantrum spiral. I went careless with demons, and they made most of my military dodge in eerie glowing pits. Then the civilians go in hell to gather their stuff, get stung by the striges. And with ten dead in a 110-dwarf fortress, it's enough to make everyone unhappy. I don't especially remember it well, but there was some gems like this...

The Dwarven Child punches The Brewer in the head, bruising the muscle, shattering the skull and tearing the brain !
The spinning *donkey tallow roast* hits The Stray Donkey in the left front leg, bruising the fat ! (Yeah, that really happened)
The spinning -troll fur sock- hits The Engraver in the head, bruising the skin !
The spinning *prepared food barrel (larch)* hits the Metalsmith in the body, bruising the skin !
The spinning *lead bin n°21* hits The Woodworker in the left arm, bruising the skin !
Urist McBoneCarver, Bone Carver looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible ! (My first fell mood ever. I also laughed evilly in unison with that announcement :D )
Urist McBoneCarver has murdered Dwarven Child !
Urist McBoneCarver has created a dwarf bone floodgate !
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:18:02 am by Naryar »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #13712 on: June 01, 2011, 09:23:26 am »

I just found out that my bridge does no good during the winter because the brook (which I had channeled out so that nothing could pass over it) is frozen, creating a path for the enemy.
Trying to figure out how to deal with that now...
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13713 on: June 01, 2011, 09:27:07 am »

I just found out that my bridge does no good during the winter because the brook (which I had channeled out so that nothing could pass over it) is frozen, creating a path for the enemy.

Brooks can be passed upon at any time by anyone. So no barrier for your fortress, you would want a stream or river for this.

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13714 on: June 01, 2011, 09:28:50 am »

There was siege and civilians were nicely ordered inside and group of experienced soldiers were patrolling fortress entrance behind long trap corridor.

Suddenly one axedwarf rushes outside alone, against tons of goblins - I'm thinking that "oh crap he is going to die, wonder why is he rushing suicidally outside anyway?"

To my surprise he just *slaughters* all goblins in his way and keeps going outside...

...finally all goblins are dead and siege ends, huh he is quite badass dwarf  :o 8)

But where was he going? Oh there was human traders prior to siege who got ambushed and killed outside and their stuff was left lying there, including barrel of river spirits - that's what my axedwarf was after!!! He gets to the barrel and drinks from it, then he takes barrel and hauls it with him back to fortress.

His preferences screen says that "When possible, he prefers to consume river spirits." and "He had a truly decadent drink lately.".

Lesson learned: DO NOT STAND BETWEEN DWARF AND HIS BEER!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13715 on: June 01, 2011, 09:34:29 am »

Brooks can be passed upon at any time by anyone. So no barrier for your fortress, you would want a stream or river for this.
If you channel the top of a brook, it becomes impassable.
I was doing this, up until I realized that it would still be passable when frozen. Now I'm waiting till winter, and then channeling out a block beneath the river. Hopefully that way the next time it freezes there won't be anything to walk across. Edit: Of course, that won't work because of water pressure issues. I might need to deconstruct my bridge and then create a complicated wall+ramp system. Ugh.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:36:17 am by thatkid »

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13716 on: June 01, 2011, 11:48:55 am »

Thing is though that my MCap no longer shows 'melted' as wound in her z-enter screen but her Right Hand fat is gone. I hope she, Iden Dallithustuth and Adil Fikodatul survive their wounds. :(

Good news, everyone! MCap is no longer pale but faint, no longer severe blood loss. Adil the huntress has no wound on her screen at all any more except that her lower body is listed as being brown in the Wounds screen. Ergo; both of those will survive, horray.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13717 on: June 01, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »

I had a siege led by a skinless fox and containing trolls, voracious cave crawlers and millions of goblins.

Total losses: 6

Afterwards, everyone started tantrumming.

Total losses: 35-ish

I think it's under control. No-one's had their brain punched for 10 days now!

Incidentally, during the siege, one of the trolls dodged into a magma tube. I watched every filthy sinew of his hideous body melt into nothing at the bottom of the world, never to be found.

EDIT: Nope. Another siege and a hydra just came at the same time. I defeated them easily, of course, but now:

More tantrumming! Yay!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:19:03 pm by Tharwen »
[Signature]

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13718 on: June 01, 2011, 01:42:17 pm »

The Forgotten Beast Stagshil has come!

A towering humanoid composed of ash. It has a pair of fan-like antennae and it squirms and fidgets.

So, a FB that can be defeated by a stiff breeze, and whose special attack is being unable to stand still?

And to think, the first invader ever to come to this fort (before the Goblin snatchers, in fact) was a Bronze Colossus...
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13719 on: June 01, 2011, 01:43:57 pm »

Barrels, barrels everywhere, but not a drop to drink.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: June 01, 2011, 01:57:49 pm »

Thing is though that my MCap no longer shows 'melted' as wound in her z-enter screen but her Right Hand fat is gone. I hope she, Iden Dallithustuth and Adil Fikodatul survive their wounds. :(

Good news, everyone! MCap is no longer pale but faint, no longer severe blood loss. Adil the huntress has no wound on her screen at all any more except that her lower body is listed as being brown in the Wounds screen. Ergo; both of those will survive, horray.

None of my dwarves ever survive Pale. :(
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: June 01, 2011, 02:21:31 pm »

A child punched an adult in the stomach, and he's been vomiting for the last three days...
[Signature]

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: June 01, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »

Iwo Yelllancers the Violent Fangs finally left the underwater lake in our caverns, tore down a locked door, bypassed the various weapon traps in the hallway, and then killed a wrestler who had remained behind in the training hall to gather provisions before joining the rest of his squad in an exploration of the caverns. He killed the wrestler by kicking his face in through the steel helmet.

Immediately both the above ground and underground squads were called back to deal with the menace. However, having never been to the caverns before, most of the above ground squad were unable to find their way and instead just milled about in the courtyard. In the ensuing chaos, two more soldiers were slain as were several war dogs. By the time the great squirming feathered elephant was slain, the hallway was filled with sticky webs and body parts, and was drenched in blood of all kinds.
Luckily, none of the survivors needed to visit the hospital and were able to quickly begin training the three lucky randomly chosen recruits.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13723 on: June 01, 2011, 03:51:56 pm »

I was worried about my framerate, thankfully I was just flooding my fort with magma.

Proxiee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: June 01, 2011, 03:53:30 pm »

"Urist McDerpyderp has become the Mayor!"

>:(

>new game population cap 20
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 3842