Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111389 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13125 on: May 07, 2011, 03:48:29 pm »

and he'll leave unhappy and come back with an army or two?
Why would he need an army?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: May 07, 2011, 03:51:26 pm »

Everyone needs sturdy meatshields.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: May 07, 2011, 04:55:16 pm »

So I embark...

First thought: Wait. It's not flat. $%#@, no above ground fort for me.

Second thought: Eh, let's look around anyway.

Third thought: Is that... bituminous coal sticking out of the wall? And... limonite?

Fourth thought: AMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: May 07, 2011, 04:58:34 pm »

Everyone needs sturdy meatshields.
Besides, Humans are the only race that have a chance of taking out your fortress without your permission, assuming you don't have a magma cannon or something like that.

Dwarves > Forgotten Beasts > Humans > Dwarven cooking > Goblins > Kobolds > Fluffy Wamblers > cats > Elves
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: May 07, 2011, 05:32:01 pm »

My fort:
Spoiler: Combat Log (click to show/hide)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13130 on: May 07, 2011, 09:49:08 pm »

While I was away from the computer, a forgotten beast that I had long forgotten about somehow got into my farming area down by the first cavern.  I quickly save scummed back (which was about 2 minutes before I loaded, saving me from losing a few of my farming dwarves) and promptly sent my military at the beast.  They arrive in around 20 seconds, and my dwarves quickly engage the beast.

The fight was over in 30 seconds.  Half of the Wheels of Organization were dead and a marksdwarf had been slain, but the Forgotten beast is now a lump of gemstone.

Edit: It just happened AGAIN.

This time I don't think there were any losses, but a presser did have his arm broken. 

However, one of my best military dwarves, Goden Febtithleth Onolthasdoth has named his iron spear.  Its name is Alenniles Mamot Debish.  Less awesome in English, Mothstraps the Plait of Spasms.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:22:13 pm by AnimaRytak »
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: May 08, 2011, 12:22:29 am »

Year 23...the second generation is being born in the fortress.  Population 91, of which 40 are children and 20 are children that have become adults; the current mayor has been in power for 13 years, leaving an indelible mark on the community with various improvement projects and our first major project, a solid gold basilica under construction.

Only 15 dwarves have died in 23 years, a new record.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: May 08, 2011, 02:31:18 am »

Because of my FUCKING DIPSHIT dwarves, my favourite fortress ever was slaughtered by several races sieging at once.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13133 on: May 08, 2011, 02:33:15 am »

The new fort's first elven caravan arrived.
Poor pointy eared hippies were perforated by 5 guys with steel axes.

tabaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: May 08, 2011, 02:46:41 am »

ok complaining on the forums about a lack of !!Fun!! in Crabwhiped instantly generates potential disasters !!Fun!!. My makeshift hospital looks like a slaughter house as the medical staff try to save the soliders who contracted Dwarf Rot from Ida's blood those with stronger constitutions are back at work whist delirious with fever. In the mean time a bronze collosus has shown up, followed by the outpost liason, followed by a goblin seige coprised of too many goblin lashers and one spear master. The goblins killed four more from the millitary, one trader, and a yak before dieing or being captured. all caravan garuds are dead but one as a result of the bronze collosus. most of the dwarf caravan is using the secondary entrance to access the trade Dept before i seal it with a bridge.

edit- I have just caught my first bronze collosus Suggestions anyone?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:59:34 am by tabaris »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: May 08, 2011, 03:51:11 am »

I found magma in what's pretty much my first cave. (Of this region)
Sweet!

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: May 08, 2011, 04:42:04 am »

edit- I have just caught my first bronze collosus Suggestions anyone?
Almost eternal target practice for marksdwarves with bone/wood bolts. You can train literally generations of legendaries.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: May 08, 2011, 05:12:23 am »

A forgotten beast showed up - enormous quadruped made of mud with wings and poisonous gas or something. Meanders its way out of the water up to my fort, first wrestler it meets there is one single entry into the combat log:

"The Wrestler bites the forgotten beast in the head and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

Epic.

Cadap Ismandermad is getting a nickname for that. 

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: May 08, 2011, 05:15:22 am »

A forgotten beast showed up - enormous quadruped made of mud with wings and poisonous gas or something. Meanders its way out of the water up to my fort, first wrestler it meets there is one single entry into the combat log:

"The Wrestler bites the forgotten beast in the head and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

Epic.

IIRC mud creatures are easy as hell to kill.

On topic, a mini-dragon (Firebreathing dimetrodon) arrived.
It was quickly killed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:54:36 am by jaxy15 »

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13139 on: May 08, 2011, 06:24:07 am »

Epic.

IIRC mud creatures are easy as hell to kill.

On topic, a mini-dragon (Firebreathing dimetrodon) arrived.
It was quickly killed.

I know mud creatures are easy as hell to kill, but it seems that even if it had been anything else a head chomp would have killed it anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 3842