Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111275 times)

tabaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13110 on: May 07, 2011, 05:38:07 am »

fourth year in Crabwhiped and I am lamenting a distinct lack of goblins, forgoten beasts and Zombie hoards. also dispite the surface being compleatly inhospitable to agriculture and lifein general i am practicaly drowning in foo and alcohol. so failing at being horribly raped by zombe wildlife at the start i am currently in the prosess of setting up the steel industry, training an army, and smoothing everything.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13111 on: May 07, 2011, 08:22:35 am »

1. My windmill powered Dorf shower/waterfall room is up and running ( after some bodging and nearly flooding my fort ).

2. Osman the forgotten beast, A gigantic quadruped composed of flame, is laying waste to the caverns, its all ashes and smoke down there.
I'm *very* glad I completely sealed off the caverns. I was going to uncork them to grab wood etc but now it would be !!Fun!!

3. Found adamantine but its scarce, found enough to kit out 3 Addy-Knights and a couple of other weapons.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13112 on: May 07, 2011, 08:26:03 am »

My High Gore eventually died after years of service to the fort. He charged a Hydra unarmed. He was a badass, but nobody is that hardcore. If he'd bothered to pick up his masterwork two handed sword he would have been alive today.
he is memorialised in a tomb.

One of the Borioth has started a mysterios construction.
Three mudstone
rough moss agates
arachna silk cloth
two rough smokey quartzes
corktree logs
hydra bone
Billion bars

This is going to be an interesting craft.

Edit: Forkdeep - a mudstone crown.
Encrusted with smokey quartz, decorated with corktree and encircled with bands of mudstone. Adorned with hanging rings of mudstone and meneces with spikes of mudstone, smokey quartz and billion.
On the item is an image of Manba Fairmatches, the deity of balance, depicted as a female Borioth in Moss Agate. Manba fairmatches is contemplating.
One the item is an image of  a Borioth in Arachna Silk.
On the Item is an image of Borioth in Tough Hydra Bone. The Borioth are labouring. The Artwork relates to the foundation of Callusemptied by the Stinky Coalition by the Kingdom of Images in the early spring of 501.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 08:35:20 am by MasterMorality »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13113 on: May 07, 2011, 08:50:17 am »

My dwarfs were attacked by a forgotten beast! The coolest thing is that its strongest weakness was its self. It died because of its own fire.

This moment is both heart warming and wrenching.

A forgotten beast (I think it was a leach) that had wings and breathed fire came into my fort. I thought "Ahh, it's no big deal!" as I did not notice it had wings. It flew into my walled farm and slew anything that came in there. My elite military group was sent to kill it but horribly failed. I think a wing got sliced off, though. I then sent groups of peasants to hopelessly fight the rampaging beast. None came back alive.

Soon, the horrible creature found its way to the stairs. It climbed up into the fortress and started to kill women, children and babies alike. I had no more squads left and the large amount of cave moss growing in my fort started to set alight. I thought this was going to be the end, but I sent one final group of peasants against the beast.

They cornered it and slew it.

[edit] Actually, they held it down long enough for it to die from it's own fire.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13114 on: May 07, 2011, 09:07:19 am »

Just now: "A tortoise devilish diplomat from Hethreanthath has arrived"

W.T.F

"A towering eyeless tortoise twisted into humanoid form. It squirms and fidgets. Its grey scales are oval-shaped and set far apart. Beware its poisonous vapors!"

Do I roll out the red-carpet or turn it into Red Carpet ?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13115 on: May 07, 2011, 09:13:54 am »

TURN IT INTO A FUCKING RED CARPET!!!

The noxious vapours will KILL your dwarfs.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13116 on: May 07, 2011, 09:28:40 am »

Just now: "A tortoise devilish diplomat from Hethreanthath has arrived"

W.T.F

"A towering eyeless tortoise twisted into humanoid form. It squirms and fidgets. Its grey scales are oval-shaped and set far apart. Beware its poisonous vapors!"

Do I roll out the red-carpet or turn it into Red Carpet ?
Say hi to the human civ's friend.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13117 on: May 07, 2011, 09:30:00 am »

It is a Human diplomat :)

Also.... its wearing 2 Dwarf-tooth earrings and a Dwarf-hair earring.... :S

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13118 on: May 07, 2011, 09:33:44 am »

It is a Human diplomat :)

Also.... its wearing 2 Dwarf-tooth earrings and a Dwarf-hair earring.... :S
Don't worry, he probably attacked the goblins and stole their dwarf organ goods.
Maybe.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13119 on: May 07, 2011, 09:39:03 am »

You know how we always throw useless crap at the humans instead of stuff actually good, but we are still trading so there isn't anything they can do about it?

That's their revenge.  Clearly killed dozens of dwarves in the past, and you need to be really careful not to feed it gassy food, but it's still a diplomat, and it's not actually doing anything aggressive to warrant it's death without repercussions.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13120 on: May 07, 2011, 10:04:00 am »

Well i guess any Syndrome would help my FPS via population reduction.

Oh Hai! :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tabaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13121 on: May 07, 2011, 10:19:34 am »

well Happy time is over in Crabwhiped for Isa the Forgotten Beast has come it is a Huge hairy iguana it has a fat bulgeing trunk and it is raverning. Beware its deadly blood. it attacked before i could finish the gate which would have sealed the first cavern layer althoug my mechanic nearly got the mechanisms installed before it got there. Millitary (well those who decided to come along) then proceded to Stab, Hack, Bash, Punch, Kick, Grapple, and Bite Isa to death by blood loss with only one dwarf dieing as a result of being thrown buy the head in to microline wall. as a result the survivers have dwarf rot it starts as nausia and slight pain with a fever before developing in to full blown swelling and rotting of everything but strangely showing no wounds. some of the soldiers also refuse to stay in the hospital prefering to continue training.  anyway wish me luck

also great art hjd_uk.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:21:57 am by tabaris »

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13122 on: May 07, 2011, 11:12:29 am »

Hmm, he strode into my fort and is now chilling in the Bath-House:

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13123 on: May 07, 2011, 11:15:47 am »

Well given that he is a diplomat of people who live aboveground and sleep in mud instead of beds or cozy rocks...

I would do go as well and chill in something like a bathhouse, especially that he doesn't have one at home :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13124 on: May 07, 2011, 11:35:41 am »

He's now moved on to enjoy some Dwarven hospitality

There aren't any jobs involving meetings or anything going on, should i be worried that my dorfs will fail to negotiate and he'll leave unhappy and come back with an army or two?

*EDIT* Phew, the mayor finally got off his arse and met with the giant seething turtle-devil diplomat. It was his honor aparently.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:12:30 pm by hjd_uk »
Pages: 1 ... 873 874 [875] 876 877 ... 3842