Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112714 times)

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12780 on: April 21, 2011, 10:08:09 am »

I think I might have a vampire in my military...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They have now been renamed 'Nosferatu'.
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12781 on: April 21, 2011, 10:23:58 am »

so...i got an ettin, before i even got the second dwarven caravan >.>

i blame it on the fact that i've been pumping out rose gold statues then melting them till i get enough masterful ones to fill my decent sized statue/engraving/meeting area

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12782 on: April 21, 2011, 10:51:16 am »

Siege resulted in population reduction to 10 (from 19), missed trade (in digless fort!), and...

Spoiler: ...this. (click to show/hide)
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12783 on: April 21, 2011, 11:07:19 am »

Currently have a makeshift magma glass furnace right above the magma sea pumping out... uh, pumps, for the pump stack. So there's a lot of activity hauling stuff between the fortress and the workshop, connected by the first cavern layer. I know it's a little unsecure having things as they are, but it's only for maybe a year or two.

And then it happened. A forgotten beast spawned in the first cavern causing a lot of swearing at my side of the monitor. I activated the "Run Away" alert for civilians and sent the marksdwarves in, praying they would make it in time. I unpaused the game and guess what I find? Turns out the FB was flightless, and that it was stuck where it was because of towercap trees blocking its path to any of the dwarves. Heh, that's the second FB that got stuck in its cavern spawn point(the first one was a large humanoid I only noticed after a couple of years that it came).

In more recent news, the baron caught a strange mood and is making a woodcraft. Five bucks says it's got a picture of a dwarf's flight into the Tooth of Gravel again.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #12784 on: April 21, 2011, 11:18:46 am »

Siege resulted in population reduction to 10 (from 19), missed trade (in digless fort!), and...

Strangler meat?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12785 on: April 21, 2011, 02:50:14 pm »

Why yes, I did set the number of beasts as high as possible during world gen, why do you ask?

Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
So which setting controls the number of forgotten beasts?

During world gen, at the screen where you set world size, number of civilizations etc. there should be an option for maximum muber of beasts.

Crank that shit to 11.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12786 on: April 21, 2011, 02:55:44 pm »

project "whoopsie water" successfull.The lifes of the three legendary miners weren't sacrificed in vane. An elven caravan is now under 2 Z layer of 7/7 water, and i'm now proceeding to RE-pump the water in the cisterns surrounding the chasm...and the trade depot. No longer will a merchant obtain High cuts! everything is MINEEEEE MWUAHUAH MWUHAUAHU MWUAHUAHUAHAUHA.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12787 on: April 21, 2011, 03:12:10 pm »

Strangler meat?

And their mounts.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12788 on: April 21, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »

I got a monarch!

...Well, not really. Actually what I got was a bunch of legendary military dwarves. This might have something to do with the fact that there are no important leaders in my civ.

I take it some things are still bugged? Dammit, this was the first time I ever stuck with a fort this long ;_;

That's not a bug. Your homeland died.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12789 on: April 21, 2011, 03:37:21 pm »

Every dwarf in Laborcrux cancels Load Cage Trap: needs empty cage

I KNOW OKAY I AM WORKING ON IT SHUT UP
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12790 on: April 21, 2011, 03:39:12 pm »

I got a monarch!

...Well, not really. Actually what I got was a bunch of legendary military dwarves. This might have something to do with the fact that there are no important leaders in my civ.

I take it some things are still bugged? Dammit, this was the first time I ever stuck with a fort this long ;_;

That's not a bug. Your homeland died.

No, his monarch died during worldgen and wasn't replaced by the time he stopped it and started playing.

My fort is progressing without resistance. I'm beginning to set up magma forges for the various smiths to use. All of the currently dug rooms have been engraved. I need to set up rooms for the rest of the dwarves, however.
Crazy stuff happens in NowhereEmenkegeth;
Whisp ale used as logs, melting instantly into a puddle and dumping the contents of containers onto the ground. Free stuff!
Elves bring subterranean plants but not woods.
Iron ore! Ridiculous!
gold and silver! Slightly less ridiculous.
migrants dieing by the dozen! Nobody cares!
I thrive purely on imported wood.
the first cavern layer is inhabited purely by tunnel tubes and black caps. The dwarves bring this.
The second layer contains those two, and the addition of fungiwood, nethercap, spore tree, and bloodthorn.
The third cavern hosts bloodthorn, fungiwood (again?...), spore tree, goblin cap, and the modded pyre-root.
Tower cap can only be imported.
Animal populations in the caverns are ridiculously low compared to what I'm used to.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:08:24 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: April 21, 2011, 03:58:45 pm »

I had a moody jeweler (yea!), who was possessed (boo!). He took over a jeweler's workshop, start grabbing everything in sight, and then started the mysterious construction. After a fairly short time, he came back with this:

My newly appointed baroness has been wanting one of those, so I guess it's time to carve out her final resting chamber in the hall of the ancestors. A coffin worth 163,200 urists should be good enough for her.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:10:43 pm by gentgeen »

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: April 21, 2011, 04:10:03 pm »

Making a working military without spears and mechanisms is still beyond my capabilities it seems, several squads have been slaughtered, along with one human caravan. The only thing saving me right now is locked doors.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: April 21, 2011, 04:19:14 pm »

God damn, he really did grab everything in sight! Usually they limit themselves to two or three materials. This guy used seven! That's one awesome coffin.

Also - sheep wool decoration? O.o

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: April 21, 2011, 04:32:18 pm »

A minor miscalculation in my river dam construction lead to some flooding, and my mechanic drowned (note I'm talking about 1/7 floods, the mechanic panicked because his shoes got wet and jumped into the river itself). I can still fix this, though.
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 3842