Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112125 times)

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12675 on: April 16, 2011, 10:52:58 pm »

I just had a werewolf siege. Seeing as how I'm in a biome that's freezing over part of the year, they came over the ice (from the ocean, too), and ran around outside for a while. Fortunately, I could seal myself in, and were thus just waiting them out. Halfway through, an ettin semi-megabeast appears, and the werewolves promptly slaughter it. After a while, they kill some cats and are then obviously bored... so they sit down and hang out on top of a frozen murky pool. Guess what happens when spring comes?

Hint: this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yep, that's right: over half the werewolf attackers are now sitting in a murky pool, happily swimming around but completely unable to get out. I'm now considering either undermining the whole thing and letting them fall 50 z-levels to their doom in the caverns, constructing a magma piston and engulf them all in obsidian... or just wait a year until the next winter, and watch them all get encased in ice and die. Muahahahaha... so many options, so few things to make... ;)

//A, submerging werewolves all the time
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: April 16, 2011, 11:11:48 pm »

Lost all my first squad another time... must have been the fourth time that two man squad gets owned... I understood the three first time, but this time, 2 swordwarf clad in masterwork steel get beaten by a single white tigerman macelord, while the macelord is getting shot by 17proficient+ markdwarf, wthhhh

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: April 17, 2011, 12:40:22 am »

Whoa... So, a troll got into my fort from the caverns. I didn't notice it until it had killed a useless soap maker, so I sent my army after it. Most of my army is part-time, so they revert to their normal occupations after they're done fighting. So, they killed the troll, after 3 dwarves dying. I got a notification: Urist McShearer and Urist McButcher are getting married. I looked to see where they were, and they were in a mine, still bathed in the blood of the troll they just killed. Wow.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: April 17, 2011, 12:51:20 am »

Whoa... So, a troll got into my fort from the caverns. I didn't notice it until it had killed a useless soap maker, so I sent my army after it. Most of my army is part-time, so they revert to their normal occupations after they're done fighting. So, they killed the troll, after 3 dwarves dying. I got a notification: Urist McShearer and Urist McButcher are getting married. I looked to see where they were, and they were in a mine, still bathed in the blood of the troll they just killed. Wow.
They are dwarves! They are getting married in the blood of their enemies, blood for the blood god, remember?

You thought this was stupid? You coward! You fluffy wambler! You... Elf!

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: April 17, 2011, 01:38:44 am »

OH GOD TANTRUM SPIRAL!

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: April 17, 2011, 01:39:52 am »

They are dwarves! They are getting married in the blood of their enemies, blood for the blood god, remember?

You thought this was stupid? You coward! You fluffy wambler! You... Elf!
I thought it was AWESOME! Those were wows of AWE! And then one of them got infected and died and then tantrum spiral bleh. Reclaiming time!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: April 17, 2011, 05:02:12 am »

Centaurs sieged me.
Little do they know that my dwarves are having a good time in the fort.
There's a well above a cavern full of water, a farm in another cavern, and lots of meat.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: April 17, 2011, 06:30:26 am »

Centaurs sieged me.
Little do they know that my dwarves are having a good time in the fort.
There's a well above a cavern full of water, a farm in another cavern, and lots of meat.

Same for me, except the main (and huge stockpile is above ground... next to the almost-finished wall and moat. As soon as the werewolves are gone, it's mass reporting for stone hauling duty until it's fixed. At least we only lost a cat ir two and a useless yak... :p
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12683 on: April 17, 2011, 07:36:41 am »

i discovered that Gold flasks are the hobby of my metalsmith.
he started making extraordinary good gold flask at 1200 per piece.
i buy off entire caravans with just one flask.
heck, i don't even know where to put all the stuff.
and the large cut gems?! 1600 dawrfbucks each! i'm RICH! and without even finding..."that" mineral *spooky music in the background*.
on the down note...i have NO steel/bronze/iron minerals at all... T_T digging and searching, hope is the last to be given away.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: April 17, 2011, 07:41:14 am »

so, my fort is pretty far along...as long as it actually saved...program kinda froze when i hit save and quit, so i forced it to close after a half hour...

anyway, im up to about 50 dwarves...and ten of them, are miner's, because the mountainhomes, despite getting lots of dwarfbucks from me on their first time here, seem to have decided to send the most friggin useless bastards here

i had a wave of guy's, who were all varying level's of clothesmaking...

luckily, i was looking at my current expedition leader, and grinned from ear to ear, he likes graphite, gold, and copper, three things i have quite a bit of, i renamed his profession the baron for when i eventually get to be a barony

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: April 17, 2011, 09:30:38 am »

The way all dwarves should get married.

I was offered the barony for a second time and refused. mountainhomes - I'm only worth this much because you guys over-pay for prepared food. Worth 528,000, but 464,000 of that is "other objects". the ONLY things I make for myself is food and drink, and you think that 50 prepared meals (made from a single quarry bush) is worth something like 12,000 coins. Heck, you wouldn't want to live here - I don't have a single bed and all my dwarves still sleep outside.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:45:40 am by malimbar04 »
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: April 17, 2011, 10:15:21 am »

I can hardly believe I'm still playing this fort despite the massive FPS drop I suffered on embark due to exposed, surface-flooding caverns. Werewolf attacks are becoming increasingly regular. Thieves have discovered our location. ...but... we've got an easily defensible magma tube in the first [underground] cavern. And silver. And gold. And phantom spider silk. And a 'pet' werewolf.

It is a major divergence from past forts, with practically no labour devoted to construction.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #12687 on: April 17, 2011, 11:39:44 am »

ok a weird thing:

I haven't modded dwarves to have wings or the flier token, so what is happening here?!?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: April 17, 2011, 11:47:32 am »

ok a weird thing:

I haven't modded dwarves to have wings or the flier token, so what is happening here?!?

Flight
as in fleeing
As in the fight of flight mechanism.

As in RUNNING THE HELL AWAY.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #12689 on: April 17, 2011, 12:42:24 pm »

ok a weird thing:

Flight
as in fleeing
As in the fight of flight mechanism.

As in RUNNING THE HELL AWAY.

ah.

FACEPALM

english is not my first language... i'm italian.
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 3842