Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111536 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12600 on: April 14, 2011, 02:43:27 pm »

"The war dog is caught in a cloud of boiling magma!"

Is that normal?  For the record, the dog was on the surface, and I haven't struck magma yet.  This was during a cave-in.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: April 14, 2011, 02:52:38 pm »

Is that normal?  For the record, the dog was on the surface, and I haven't struck magma yet.  This was during a cave-in.

i think a wandering kebabmaker just went by :D

alcohol_dependent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: April 14, 2011, 03:03:12 pm »

This happens to me a lot too. No idea what the cause of this bug is, but the boiling magma cloud doesn't seem to have any effect, so whatever.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: April 14, 2011, 03:22:44 pm »

This happens to me a lot too. No idea what the cause of this bug is, but the boiling magma cloud doesn't seem to have any effect, so whatever.

According to what I've read, it's caused by all rock and soil materials having "boiling magma" as their gas state name in the RAWs. The stone is 'vaporized' into dust during a collapse, causing the 'boiling magma' messages.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: April 14, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »

After months of distraction I'm thinking of going and finishing my dragon project... especially since I got an FPS boost of 20 by upgrading from .18 to .25. Praise be to Toady.

Only missing wingtips now...

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: April 14, 2011, 04:53:40 pm »

i am really sad...i've given up on this sinister biome, it is AWESOME! but, fucking annoying.

AWESOME! because it has multiple metals both shallow and deep, i've seen i can make a whole range of metals, iron, steel, bronze, smelting bitmous coal and sand everywhere, so i can actually have an industry not reliant on stone.

fucking annoying...because of the zombies and skeletal animals, i never realised just how happy i am to see "urist mcpussy cancelled haul wood, interupted by deer" after so many times of seeing "urist mcnormy cancelled haul wood, interrupted by zombie/skeletal deer", these forts? tantrumming usually by the end of the year because i've found that undead badger's seem to be about 100% more aggresive compared to non undead badger's, 3 forts, went down in flames because they actually walked by my minor fortifications (aka, a not completed dodge me trap, and completely removing the ramps around my entrance) and killed the cats i bring/one or two of my first seven who i quickly draft into the military.

my last one, was near PERFECT too, it was basically a backwards C, with the hole only 3 spaces wide, PERFECT for a dodge me trap, and ores EVERYWHERE...pisses me off so much ;,;

seems like much !!FUN!!. can you pass me the seed of the world and the coordinates? i'd like to try it.
back to the topic:
they're deciding right now who made the best Dive in the moat artistic jump edition. there is a tie between urist mcsteelarmor and weapons, or urist mclegendary miner.
i'm picking more and more vibes that i need my dwarfs to learn how to swim so.

lol i have no idea how to get the seed...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: April 14, 2011, 05:02:15 pm »

Melancholy mason finally died by jumping in a defunct well. A bit of excellent news: the elves have brought me a femal grizzly bear; I now have a breeding pair! On another note, food stocks are approaching 10,000. Also, Dreamedbolt's 6th artifact has been made. Thusfar, we have had three amulets, one earring, one trumpet and one armor stand. This is possibly the worst run of artifacts I have ever seen. I also now have a legendary child bonecarver. That cannot possibly be a healthy occupation for a young mind...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

alcohol_dependent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: April 14, 2011, 05:47:50 pm »

Construction on the megaproject is going fairly smoothly, with 4 furnace operators smelting iron round the clock in their tiny rooms deep in the earth stocked with booze and quarry bush leaves roasts.

The iron will be used to build a giant fortress entrance that, hopefully, will look completely badass by the time I'm done.

However, there was a giant dwarven rum spill. Imagine a completely snowed over freezing biome with yellow-colored dwarven liquid slowly spreading throughout the white snow, completely covering any dwarf that goes outside.

Trickysticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: April 14, 2011, 05:58:25 pm »

I'm currently digging ramps and making my trade depot undeground. Just started but I'm hopeful :D

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: April 14, 2011, 05:59:13 pm »

Construction on the megaproject is going fairly smoothly, with 4 furnace operators smelting iron round the clock in their tiny rooms deep in the earth stocked with booze and quarry bush leaves roasts.

The iron will be used to build a giant fortress entrance that, hopefully, will look completely badass by the time I'm done.

However, there was a giant dwarven rum spill. Imagine a completely snowed over freezing biome with yellow-colored dwarven liquid slowly spreading throughout the white snow, completely covering any dwarf that goes outside.
"Always eat the yellow snow first!"

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: April 14, 2011, 07:16:17 pm »

My forgotten beast problem is solving my rat-man problem!

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: April 14, 2011, 07:27:36 pm »

Right now in TalkedTheaters its pretty relaxed. Its survived for 4 years now and there was only one goblin attack, during which a single farmer died. My food stores are in the 600s and we only have 122 people, so I think they won't be running out of food anytime soon. Got 3 artifacts and another one on the way due to a fey peasant. Capybaras roam freely around my fortress, and usually interrupt dwarves who're too stupid to drink water instead of booze.

In other words, this is my best fort yet.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:10:22 am by ShoesandHats »

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: April 14, 2011, 07:36:43 pm »

My fortress now has 3 living dwarves. All resting hideous injuries. This forgotten beast killed everyone else. It's the only creature I've ever seen survive brain damage, barring examples with multiple heads.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: April 14, 2011, 07:53:22 pm »

just had a melancholy dwarf die of thirst three steps from the booze pile. Well, he did it to himself, wanting silk for his creation, when the fort has never had, nor likely ever will have silk, since no GCS have turned up in the cavern cage traps yet. So his slow ass trek from the workshops to the booze, when he was already thirsty, was just too slow to keep him alive.

Dr. D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:02 pm »

Started a new fortress on my first world for the hell of it. Unleashed the HFS. Unfortunately, none of the denizens had a fire attack, so nothing burned down like last time.
Bombengranadenelementplitzplotzdonnerwettersappermentnochmal!
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 3842