Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112176 times)

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12525 on: April 11, 2011, 09:21:26 am »

Today I Learned that there is an amazing amount of blood in a Rutherer.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: April 11, 2011, 09:41:16 am »

Playin' with my new civ forge mod.
Suddenly, a stonecrafter withdraws from society, grabs two chert, and makes a piccolo.
Dangit.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: April 11, 2011, 09:44:38 am »

lol i forgot to mention something earlier...when i hit magma, and worked on my forge area, it was all going great, i smoothed then fortified an area, but i see a trail of blood going up from my forge area...it was coming from my engraver, i checked her out...her lips had melted off and was bleeding profusely...she's still around, and has no lips >.>

i dont even really wanna know how the only thing wrong with her, is that her lips melted off...

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12528 on: April 11, 2011, 10:03:41 am »

She probably got thirsty and tried to sneak a taste of magma...

Dwarves are stupid.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: April 11, 2011, 11:45:34 am »

As my fort is falling toward various types of death - but tantrum spiral after fist fights on my dodge trap was the nearest. Then manual (due to lack of stone in aboveground fort) mist generator -> ding -> everybody is ecstatic.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: April 11, 2011, 12:39:56 pm »

Artifact spiked steel ball! Sweet!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12531 on: April 11, 2011, 01:41:01 pm »

I apparently have an emo dwarf. She has no friends or pets, never has, and is in fact one of my recent immigrants at Craftgates, but she has the "getting used to tragedy" note in her profile.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: April 11, 2011, 03:04:22 pm »

I apparently have an emo dwarf. She has no friends or pets, never has, and is in fact one of my recent immigrants at Craftgates, but she has the "getting used to tragedy" note in her profile.

That's probably just because she moved to Craftgates. ;)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: April 11, 2011, 03:13:16 pm »

Goslings have hatched.
Goslings have hatched.
Goslings have hatched.
Goslings have hatched.
Goslings have hatched.
Goslings have hatched.
Goslings have hatched.
Goslings have hatched.

urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: April 11, 2011, 03:29:59 pm »

Almost two years in, finally get the first mood. An engraver (with no other skills) claimed a craftdwarf shop (which immediately lowered my hopes) and began gathering up some rocks, tons of animal bones (like 40+ bones), and some tanned leather. I'm thinking "What the hell are you making?" My first artifact turns out to be a alpaca bone amulet with granite spikes and mule leather designs. And my Great Engraver just became a Legendary Bonecrafter.

No, Urist. Just... no. Get back to smoothing those walls.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: April 11, 2011, 07:03:15 pm »

Crundles, crundles, everywhere. My dwarves are up to their beards in *crundle (body part) roasts*, my bone carvers are working night and day on *crundle bone bolts*, and my dominatrix leather daddy leatherworkers are turning out *crundle leather helms* as fast as my baroness can mandate them. And still, the crundles arrive, horde upon horde, as if the entirety of Craftgates were inundated in crundlenip.

So naturally I'm contemplating methods of exploiting this new resource.
- "crundle bombs", cages packed with crundles placed where building-destroyers can find and unleash them.
- "crundle lunchboxes", cages of crundles tucked away in my dwarves' bolt-holes to provide emergency rations.

Also, beginning to plan out a road and a royal keep so that Craftgates can become a mountainhome.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: April 12, 2011, 04:12:44 am »

Welp I finally got my next fort started and onto the trade season.  I also forgot to make a trade depot by the time the first caravan arrived... and they went insane and the caravan yak killed the guards, the merchants, and then jumped into a lake and drowned... so I got a LOT of free stuff my first year.  Made me happy that I got so much stuff with no effort due to me forgetting to do something... like build a depot.  Oh well, the diplomat didn't care so all's well.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: April 12, 2011, 04:34:29 am »

Ironcrypts has, well, coffins made of iron (I made sure of that, except for the first death, which was a little unexpected).

Also the most inept goblin civ living right next-door.  First siege turns up, stands on the edge of the map (no leaders captured, no civil wars) and wanders away after a while,  So little bother I didn't notice when.

Second lot are confused by my traps - two gates, each three wide, with one line of cages, a bridge, another line of cages and a line of bronze weapon traps.  How the entire ambush managed to get captured, slaughtered, or just scared from that, I'm not sure, but my squad wasn't needed.

The last attempt was more successful.  Three of my hunters were slaughtering hunting a huge pack of guinea pigs, when the gobbos came from nowhere and started whaling on them.  Killed two, but when the third happened to be a militia captain moonlighting, things changed, but I managed to catch half the wildlife in the kill zone for the squad, which was not pretty.

Hope the elves/humans start sieging me soon...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: April 12, 2011, 08:01:59 am »

Failed abortions of those sucky badger like creatures I made (They can only push) showed up
They are getting beat up by civilians.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: April 12, 2011, 09:48:23 am »

pumping magma onto the burning field to fend off goblins.
woop-de-doo.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 3842