Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112402 times)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12451 on: April 09, 2011, 04:35:43 pm »

Wasn't looking close enough when I started hauling trash to the trade depot for the elves, got booted from trade over a wooden crutch. Whups. Here's hoping they don't wage war on me until I have enough steel for all the new recruits.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: April 09, 2011, 04:54:37 pm »

Locked four cats (1 male, 3 female) in a 1x1 square (inspired by somebody earlier in this or another thread). Let's see how fast they breed. If I get over a hundred, I'll dig a hole in the ceiling and drop my prisoners in to be mauled by dozens of cats. What a humiliating way to die.

EDIT: Oh God, The cats are killing each other.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:22:27 pm by Samuel »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: April 09, 2011, 05:22:51 pm »

Argh, third bug report from this fort: after "Dwarf tries to "attend meeting" with siege operator, stands on ballista set to "fire at will," gets injured" I have FPS drop from 200 to 20. Argh.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: April 09, 2011, 05:25:43 pm »

Locked four cats (1 male, 3 female) in a 1x1 square (inspired by somebody earlier in this or another thread). Let's see how fast they breed. If I get over a hundred, I'll dig a hole in the ceiling and drop my prisoners in to be mauled by dozens of cats. What a humiliating way to die.

Animals don't need to be able to touch to breed, and being crowded will cause them to fight. Lock each one in its own 1x1 square and remove the kittens to a cage as soon as they happen.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: April 09, 2011, 06:17:31 pm »

Animals don't need to be able to touch to breed, and being crowded will cause them to fight. Lock each one in its own 1x1 square and remove the kittens to a cage as soon as they happen.

Then put the cage in a hallway or gateway and link it to a lever- when pulled, the cage will deconstruct and the enemy will be swept under a wave of kittens. More fun, do it with war dogs. Even more fun, do it with war grizzly bears.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: April 09, 2011, 06:23:03 pm »

Then put the cage in a hallway or gateway and link it to a lever- when pulled, the cage will deconstruct and the enemy will be swept under a wave of kittens. More fun, do it with war dogs. Even more fun, do it with war grizzly bears elephants.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: April 09, 2011, 06:28:52 pm »

Regrettably, elephants starve to death these days.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12458 on: April 09, 2011, 06:36:11 pm »

Regrettably, elephants starve to death these days.

Oh right, I usually cut out the grazer tag.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: April 09, 2011, 06:44:33 pm »

In my Corrosion mod fort, interesting things've happened.  I was chopping down trees left and right before realising that there was a sawmill that would quadruple the building materials.  Only realised that when I was about 75% done with my perimeter wall.  Oh well, now it looks like a log cabin!  Anyways, just after the spring migration, two ambushes of desert devils came and slaughtered half of my fort, but fortunately a Warlord caravan came and drove them off.  Then when leaving the fort got slaughtered by an infected siege.  Though my stock of melee weapons and armour was greatly bolstered by the defeat of the ambushes, I have few ranged weapons.  What I do have, well, it's interesting.  I'm having trouble coordinating my two humans using the proper ammunition for the weapons.  I have a few crossbows (no bolts :( ) and a shotgun.  Some bullets, some shotgun shells, but it's tricky.  Once I get it figured out, it's gonna be a bloody OK Corral!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: April 09, 2011, 06:49:44 pm »

In my fortress, there is currently a plague of various cavern level 3 creatures, like cave blobs and creeping eyes.  They're not a threat in any way, but they are disrupting my attempts at making use of the magma pipe that's down there.  They are, however, an excellent way to train hammer-and-macedwarves.  One "wave" turned my Competent Hammerdwarf into an Accomplished one.  The only reason it didn't get any higher is that he is also a skilled Biter- he keeps biting off parts that bleed profusely. 
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: April 09, 2011, 07:11:04 pm »

-twitch-

So... much... microcline...

-twitch-

Hopefully I'll have enough stones in various grays to build all of Ringcity, because that microcline is hitting the atomsmasher as soon as I build it.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: April 09, 2011, 07:20:35 pm »

The Elves gave me a Giant Tiger! that'll be fun to lock in a room with captured goblins!

Speaking of which, how do I make a War Giant Jaguar out of a Giant Jaguar? Or a normal cougar, even.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: April 09, 2011, 07:31:01 pm »

The Elves gave me a Giant Tiger! that'll be fun to lock in a room with captured goblins!

Speaking of which, how do I make a War Giant Jaguar out of a Giant Jaguar? Or a normal cougar, even.

Kennels and a dungeon master.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: April 09, 2011, 07:39:57 pm »

either they'll die, or they'll gain an extreme fear of cats, and when around them, enter a berzerker mentality where they act like a cat...

if you understand that...i wont throw you into the magma sea
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 3842