Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120857 times)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #12000 on: March 30, 2011, 08:46:33 pm »

I embarked in a place with tons of Galena... But no fuel. And a very nice river... Full of carp. Fun!

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: March 30, 2011, 08:58:00 pm »

i...i have a slight bit of respect for kitties guys...

there was a goblin hammerman who was left over from an ambush, i thought he was just gonna run away, so i set my militia to just go recoup in the hospital, but he didnt run away, he came into our fort, and a kitten decided "you know what, no!" and started attacking the thing, 6 pages of the kitten attacking, the goblin dodging, and the kitten getting beaten up, at around page 3 it became enraged and its attacking became more frequent, but it died ultimately, i ended up sending my already recouped militia to kill the hammergoblin, which was nice cuz it had a silver hammer >.>

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: March 31, 2011, 01:28:33 am »

Ingish, if you were still alive to see your own damn tomb... If any of them could see theirs. But who would ever turn down the chance to haunt this place? It's awesome!

So much masterpiece-level furniture... What will I do with all of it? Place it randomly in dwarve's rooms? Beds and barrels and tables and thrones and coffins... Did I mention the legendary booze? We have that here, thanks to the master brewer/militia commander. I've even engraved enough that I've gotten a couple masterpieces from a cobble of near-peasants I have as stone workers. The bridge alone is amazing, but with so much else to brag about, I'm surprised the queen doesn't hobble over here regardless of our population. I certainly would.

We have the adamantine. More than I could ever wish for. And somehow I can make steel clothing same as adamantine... When did this happen? I didn't mod it to be possible, and all my mods are my own! Well, at least I can produce a backpack that won't spontaneously combust. But will it's contents be safe?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:41:37 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: March 31, 2011, 02:07:11 am »

blarg, i decided that fort was a wash, i couldnt handle the 2 ambushes every season from the goblins, my militia barely had time to recoup between ambushes for god sakes...probly didnt help that i put off making them weapons and armor still i got magma forges going, and i couldnt block off my entrance cuz the game was being pissy about putting a bridge on ramps up

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:14 am »

Counted the dead bodies, and parts thereof, in the refuse piles around Mountainrazor.

514 apparently.  210 corpses, 325 body parts according to the [z] screen.  I SO wish I could make goblin bone crafts and totems, as apparently there is no usable bone in that there pile.  And it's taking so long for any other sieges to show up...

Still, most prevalent bars are steel, due to one smelter on a magnetite, coal, pig iron, steel cycle for the last 5 years. And a pile of captured elven war beasts (elephants, alligators, lions, giraffes, apes) that I don't know what to do with. Oh, well.

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: March 31, 2011, 05:02:27 am »

I think my dwarves are trying to tell me something, they've been making tons of statues of the god of mist, revelry and dancing. Sorry beardies, I'm not putting a mist generator into the dining hall.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: March 31, 2011, 05:35:44 am »

I just found out my macedwarf's title is "Root of Mourning"
Well, of course he's a root of mourning, he mercilessly tears apart the goblins.
Probably making some goblin's family sad.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: March 31, 2011, 08:49:46 am »

Elven caravan arrives. They have 0, in word ZERO, cloth-bin with them. Looks like it helps, if you have ~600 cloth lying around and ~850 threads waiting to be weaved.

My mayor just anonced the 3rd producion-mandate this year. and we are just at the beginning of the summer..... luckiely my Mayor, Amok blesses him, loves Bolts over everything, and im training my Armorsmith with silverbolts atm.

actual exportbans from mayor and baroness: Bolts from Mayor (really hard to fullfill ;) )  and Crutches from Baroness (uhm jeah. i import them, so the exportban is just....)

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: March 31, 2011, 09:51:24 am »

I embarked in a place with tons of Galena... But no fuel. And a very nice river... Full of carp. Fun!

But every place has magma!
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: March 31, 2011, 10:16:22 am »

I decided to mine a pathway into a cave I had discovered earlier.
Turns out that these batmen were living inside.
My military tore them apart.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #12010 on: March 31, 2011, 10:43:53 am »

So yeah, i was just visited by a giant(ess). So i was all "omg go to burrow and reroute giant to trapped entrance". Turns out my hunter wouldn't have any of that shit, because he just shot it in the face, knocking it unconscious (or making it give in to pain, if you want). While it was unconscious and being fruitlessly mauled by the 20 war dogs latched on to its head, the hunter got bored and brained it with another bolt. He shall receive an awesome name now.

Edit: Oh, he's a legendary marksdorf. That explains stuff. In particular, how a fuggin -deer bone bolt- could penetrate the massive skull of a giant. His name is now Hunter McHardcore.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:48:52 am by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: March 31, 2011, 10:59:13 am »

A deer managed to reach the caverns, and killed a fisherdwarf in the process. I sent the military after her. A lone swordsdorf only managed to land a mitigated hit on her head before she kicked the shit out of him and claimed his life, too.
It then all degenerated into a game of Benny Hill as 2 entire squads, including one of crossbowmen, chased after her.
FUCK UNGULIGRADES.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: March 31, 2011, 11:43:51 am »

I decided to mine a pathway into a cave I had discovered earlier.
Turns out that these batmen were living inside.
My military tore them apart.
They only lost because they didn't have enough time to prepare.

RemusShepherd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: March 31, 2011, 11:51:54 am »

Or maybe if I had made some soap...but screw that, it's too much work.
j-m-q-soap-1 is too much work?

I should check myself, but is there still a bug where you have to forbid every bar of soap when not in use to prevent infinite soap spam?  I've never bothered with soap because of that.

That bug was fixed with the most recent version. So, if you've got a bit of lye and some tallow kicking around its easy to stock your hospital and give dwarves happy thoughts from soapy baths.

Ah, I'm not playing the most recent version, I'm still using 0.22.  No soap for you, dwarves!

Maybe I should start a new fortress with 0.25.  Between the trap corridors, the six-bridge trap over a 14 z level pit, and the two squads decked out in full bluemetal gear, I don't think this fort is going to be challenged by anything anymore.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: March 31, 2011, 12:11:03 pm »

I sent my military after a cave crocodile.
My macedwarf got pretty bad wounds and lost his right arm entirely.
I don't think that matters though, he has been unable to use his right arm ever since he fought in his first ambushes.
And again the speardwarf kills something.
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 3842