Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120868 times)

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11985 on: March 30, 2011, 04:56:01 pm »

The spiral tantrum faded. End tally: around 60 dwarfs. Including the last two courageous migrant waves, the fortress is now at 156 dwarfs.
Somehow, I'm almost disappointed.
Can't wait for the next FunŽ tantrum spiral.
Almost done making my automatic magma pump stack. It shall empty the magma sea unto a large part of the map.  :P
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: March 30, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »

Beginning setting up shop in the various caverns at Craftgates, and I keep forgetting to raise population caps so I have a bigger workforce.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: March 30, 2011, 06:13:47 pm »

Hmm, the humans arrived with a diplomat. I've never seen a non-dwarf diplomat before.

All he did was waltz into my base, say "hi", "see you later", and then turned to leave. :/ ??

AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT!!!

Well no, but a bunch of mounted goblins and trolls did. I had no choice but to raise the bridge, and leave the human merchants outside to fend for themselves (they died).

I couldn't lower the bridge and the diplomat went insane. Hopefully there won't be any consequences.

Edit: Another siege has begun, before the other even finished. This time the goblin "law-maker" has appeared - Ast Anedasol Tomus Stukos, a huge three-eyed tortoise twisted into humanoid form. It has a gaunt appearance. Its clear scales are large and set far apart. Beware its poisonous gas! .. He is incredibly muscular.

Wait, where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, my dwarves have been drawing images of a tortoise fiend called Ast Sportseizures the Shove of Razors striking down an elf. He seems to have a bit of a reputation...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:37:00 pm by Newbunkle »

RemusShepherd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11988 on: March 30, 2011, 06:40:02 pm »

Or maybe if I had made some soap...but screw that, it's too much work.
j-m-q-soap-1 is too much work?

I should check myself, but is there still a bug where you have to forbid every bar of soap when not in use to prevent infinite soap spam?  I've never bothered with soap because of that.

Of course, the real reason is that I don't care *that* much about my dwarves lives.  I respect the crazy ones, but I'm not going to go out of my way to keep them from being suicidal.  :)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: March 30, 2011, 06:50:43 pm »

Or maybe if I had made some soap...but screw that, it's too much work.
j-m-q-soap-1 is too much work?

I should check myself, but is there still a bug where you have to forbid every bar of soap when not in use to prevent infinite soap spam?  I've never bothered with soap because of that.

Of course, the real reason is that I don't care *that* much about my dwarves lives.  I respect the crazy ones, but I'm not going to go out of my way to keep them from being suicidal.  :)

That bug was fixed with the most recent version. So, if you've got a bit of lye and some tallow kicking around its easy to stock your hospital and give dwarves happy thoughts from soapy baths.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: March 30, 2011, 06:52:05 pm »

Carpenter went fey, went to where my other carpenter was making barrels, kicked him out of the workshop, and made an artifact barrel in the biggest display of oneupmanship I've ever seen.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: March 30, 2011, 06:52:13 pm »

As Dig Deeper was killing off all the dwarf civs, I dled CivForge.

A new site, similar to the last victim of 0fps, has been found. The first settlers have arrived at Growledsteels. Strike the earth!

Okay, more badger boars, just like last time. I'll just order my militia commander to go kill them.

*Urist McAxedwarf Has Died*

Wait, giant badger boars!? Fun.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: March 30, 2011, 07:48:25 pm »

I've begun mining and smelting gold- something I rarely do, due to it's uselessness- For the purpose of building a giant gold statue as a monument to my fort's stubborn refusal to die.

What should the statue be shaped like?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: March 30, 2011, 07:52:14 pm »

I've begun mining and smelting gold- something I rarely do, due to it's uselessness- For the purpose of building a giant gold statue as a monument to my fort's stubborn refusal to die.

What should the statue be shaped like?

A Dwarf. Which pisses magma on the heads of invaders.

3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: March 30, 2011, 07:54:26 pm »

That's been done before. Try a statue of cheese. You've got the color, and this is DF, so why not?

Cavernrocks is going well; the latest migration bumped us up to 52 beards. I have yet to have an actual (Fortress Defense) siege here, so I'm impatiently waiting for something to show up.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 07:56:35 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:54 pm »

a statue of an engraving of a dwarf eating cheese in someones bedroom.

also, is it bad that my main source of armor has been invading goblins >.> i have my military but i've been lazy with making weapons and armor lol

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: March 30, 2011, 08:06:37 pm »

Better yet: A dwarf holding a piece of cheese, which is supported by a single support, and which can be dropped on the heads of invaders.

Just got the best immigrants ever: 2 farmers, a soldier, a herbalist, a mason and... a legendary weaponsmith.  8)

3. Run Resize Enable

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: March 30, 2011, 08:11:54 pm »

For some reason, everyone except one person in dwarf fortress is drinking. i don't know what to do, they keep on drinking and won't stop. (I don't mean that they are drinking, i mean that they keep drinking and wont stop in one go.) imagine six people picking up a barrel with infinite ammount of booze, and that they are trying to drink the entire barrel.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11998 on: March 30, 2011, 08:12:58 pm »

Nevermind, they just drink VERY slowly, it seems.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: March 30, 2011, 08:45:27 pm »

fuck i hate the goblins right now, EVERY SINGLE TIME i get a trade caravan, i get 2-3 ambushes, which make them run away...

also, during this ambush, my already legendary bonecarver got a mood, and made this

innokstemel 'the creepy responsibilities' a yak bone pick.

its encrusted with brown zircon, menaces with spikes of yak bone and kaolinite.

there is an image of sad hotparches the flickering pearl the dragon in brown zircon and an image of the calm cobra, an alpaca wool dress that my clothcrafter made earlier in this fort -.-;;
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 3842