Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112884 times)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11790 on: March 27, 2011, 06:21:26 am »

Cute... is he still a Gemcutter as his alternate identity?

Nope, he spends all of his free time training in a danger room, honing his skills to be the best soldier in all of Boltsword.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: March 27, 2011, 07:58:19 am »

Steelcages has just got its second artifact: Tunurshadmal Thetustsokan, "Styledconfused the Purged Phrase", a amethyst bucket.

This is a amethyst bucket. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. The handle is made from amethyst.

Weight: 8

Basic Value: 48000

That's two valuable artifacts in a row, and since the first one was a mechanism, I'm thinking of combining them into a fabulous well. :D

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: March 27, 2011, 09:04:58 am »

Slighty non Df related but it was happening when I played df :P

*playing DF*
Speakers: 'RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH'
Me: '???'
*alt-tab*
Screen: ''derp derp derp'' x100
Windows: BLUE SCREEN OF DEAAAAAATH!
Me: 'FFFFFUUUUU-'
*restart*
MediaGo (music player): 'MediaGo has not been closed properly, do you want to solve any potential problems?'
Me: 'Sure'
MediaGo: 'MediaGo is going to delete your music database, certain information may get permantly lost, do you want to proceed?'
Me: 'Su- WTF? Delete my music?'

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: March 27, 2011, 09:16:41 am »

All the permanent residents at the hospital got up at once when I updated the game with .23 . Hurray!
But now, I'm meeting once again an old nemesis: crashes. Must check if it is a specific date (or the coming of snow) that screws everything, since it seems to be that.  :-\
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: March 27, 2011, 10:54:58 am »

Got my third valuable artifact out of three. This one is worth more than the other two combined -a gold serrated disc studded with gold, decorated with vulture leather, and encircled with bands of mule leather. It also has spikes of larch and amethyst, and it's worth 517200. Oh, and the dwarf named it after herself. I think my dwarves have some kind of competition going on here.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:29 am »

I have had my first artifact mechanism ever, and my first legendary mechanic ever !

Obsidian mechanisms, that is now a lever in my meeting hall. So the dwarves can be repeatedly amazed at it's view.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: March 27, 2011, 11:05:02 am »

Spinner took a copper bar and made some short sword artifact.
No one wants to use it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: March 27, 2011, 11:16:08 am »

First embark on a new world. I get two pretty poor migrant waves, and think "Ah well, I'll wait." Population 15, no decent skills at all.
It is summer of the second year and I have not seen any migrants or caravans. I am very scared.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: March 27, 2011, 11:20:40 am »

You have a dead civ.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: March 27, 2011, 11:23:03 am »

I know. That's why I was scared.
However, a caravan just arrived. I was playing a mod, and apparently summer is when the caravans are supposed to arrive. No idea why migrants are lacking, though. I have about 45,000 dorfbucks in created wealth.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: March 27, 2011, 02:27:09 pm »

Had a pretty sweet defense (full castle style fort + restricted access way if I throw some leavers (moat +raised bridges blocking anyone coming in into a certain spot) and a 8 z level drop with 10x upright spikes on the button, many actually survived the first fall, but surly not the 5 seconds after it. Was happily employed on many elfs.

Figured out I was in a dead-bug about 5 mins after my last safe (would crash at all times, to the same time, no mather what) so I released the clowns and left.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: March 27, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »

Just upgraded my version to .24 (as well as all my utilities), so I genned a new world. Which is apparently home to the Elder Gods, as it is called "The Cyclopean Plane".

Oh well, started up a new fort on a flat plain with a volcano rising up above it. Knocked out the ramps on the corners of the volcano, started putting up walls, etc. Dropped into Therapist for a second, and I noticed that my dwarves are: 1 male, 6 female.

Good thing dwarves are monogamous, or I would need to edit the raws so that they could butcher and eat their own children.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: March 27, 2011, 03:28:51 pm »

WOO-HOO! I just randomly checked one of the cage traps I put up in the caverns, and guess what I found? A troll and a giant cave spider. Screw the next version, I'm going to play this fortress out before upgrading, I HAVE A CAVE SPIDER!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: March 27, 2011, 03:37:26 pm »

A moody mechanic didn't get the yarn she wanted, so she went berserk.
Problem: she was also a swordswarf, with what turned out to be the best equipment in the fort, including steel and blue shiny armor and sword.
So, she spilled my baroness' intestines, who died shortly after. She was one of my best marskdwarf, and had barely the time to order a very easy mandate. Oh, and also, she had some awesome quarters integrated in my megaproject. May she join her lover in the catacombs.  :-[
Side note: the mayor is extremely unhappy now.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: March 27, 2011, 03:49:26 pm »

Whoa, just ran dfprospect, and:

-162,000 native gold
-16,000(!) cotton candy

I know that low mineral values in worldgen are supposed to be effective, but dayum...

Also, cheated a bit and used reveal to see how my cavern settings affected things. First two are essential gigantic lakes that cover nearly the entire map for 4+ z levels. The third is the same, except with normal cavern instead of water. This is a 5x4 embark, by the way. Maximum openness ftw!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 3842