Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112564 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11745 on: March 25, 2011, 09:27:58 pm »

*hydra tallow roast* x25

No wait. Hydra soap is a better use... Guaranteed to improve the regenerative faculties of your dwarves when they wash with it ! Maybe they'll regrow heads !

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11746 on: March 25, 2011, 09:33:49 pm »

Hah. Apparently while I was busy designating the alternate, incredibly lengthy alternate entrance, my axedwarf militia commander, who I had tasked with killing off the local infestation of groundhogs, apparently ran into half a dozen harpies. Ten seconds after I get the initial combat report they're scattered all over the landscape, while my militia commander is happily chasing the groundhogs again, with not so much as a bruise. One masterwork-engraved tomb coming right up!

(Incidentally, her only military skills are novice, and she is using copper equipment. Her first title is apparently "Bembul Dyerocks". I wonder where that one came from  ::))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11747 on: March 25, 2011, 09:34:08 pm »

*hydra tallow roast* x25

No wait. Hydra soap is a better use... Guaranteed to improve the regenerative faculties of your dwarves when they wash with it ! Maybe they'll regrow heads !
My blacksmith (who had my pick) killed it with a bunch of lucky shots, and I'm just having my miner process it. Apparently rendering fat renders the whole stack at once now, and results in n individual units (n being the size of the fat stack) of tallow. I have 393 hydra meat waiting for a legendary cook to use, and the one roast stack I did make is worth 3700☼.

EDIT: Went ahead and cooked the meat too. The *hydra meat roast*[428] is worth 85600☼.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:43:25 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: March 25, 2011, 09:49:08 pm »

This item is a (quality) image of Mimale Mosthailed the elf and Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing the ettin in (substance) by (artist). Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing is striking down Mimale Mosthailed. The artwork relates to the killing of the elf Mimale Mosthailed by the ettin Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing in The Horn Of Smoothing in the year 4.
What's not "understandable" about wanting to depict elves getting killed?
The fact that they are fixating on ONE ELF that died over a hundred years ago at the beginning of the world, and who apparently did nothing more important in life than getting killed by an ettin.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11749 on: March 25, 2011, 09:50:03 pm »

Perhaps an attempt to depict the futility of elven existence?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11750 on: March 25, 2011, 11:53:29 pm »

When I chose diorite as the building material for my bridge, I chose the rite stone. I have... 40? 45 contiguous layers of diorite? That's only the layers below the first cavern, and I think the entirety of the as-of-yet-undiscovered second caverns (which I think is truly massive vertically, given there are only supposed to be 1-2 layers between each cavern, and the third cavern starts ~50 layers down from the first, and is also about 30 layers tall) It goes down from about -58 to as far as my miners have dug at -101(I just hit molten rock now actually... -102 layers down.) The only issue is that it shares it's space with granite, which I think is the sea floor's biome, which starts a few z-layers below the lands so shows different stone layers at the same z-level.

It's also loaded with aquamarines, which are worth quite a bit... but I think that's that for the ore in it's layers.

I need to update dwarf therapist and find my most skilled jeweler and set them to work on those aquamarines.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11751 on: March 26, 2011, 12:32:09 am »

In the excitement of the flood, I missed an opportunity to trade with the humans. Instead, I attacked them as they left the map. Their two guards gave serious injury to many dwarves, and killed my militia captain, but my commander was too skilled and eventually defeated them after a hell of a fight. I was able to kill one merchant and capture his goods- nothing exciting.

I'm glad I didn't just slaughter the elves out of hand- this year they brought a female Giant Leopard (and I"ve seen males in the wild) as well as Liyiyi Beastspread, Tigerman Administrator. He is gigantic and quite fat. He's a novice organizer and a novice swordsdwarf (plus associated fighting skills.) I wish I could give him a sword, but hopefully he'll get elected mayor.

An ettin attacked- he body slammed a fisherman into the moat, then stumbled into a cage trap. Shortly thereafter a goblin ambush decloaked and proceeded to further illustrate how ineffective my military is- apart from the commander, who once again singlehandedly turned the tide of the battle, saving the lives of several fellow soldiers with his timely intervention. He is only credited with three kills, though, since his second in command is a kill stealing jerk. Hopefully some live training exercises with the gobbos I captured will help beef up my soldiers.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11752 on: March 26, 2011, 04:21:21 am »

EDIT: Went ahead and cooked the meat too. The *hydra meat roast*[428] is worth 85600☼.
Goblin siege is coming!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11753 on: March 26, 2011, 05:50:11 am »

A meager siege has begun upon Spearsculpted, consisting of a single squad of pikemen led by one crossbowman. The fortress' main hunter, Regel, apparently has not grasped the severity of the situation; he has fallen asleep in the single defensive bridge that would seal the fortress.

Should the militia fail, he will not be missed.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Dantrithor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11754 on: March 26, 2011, 05:52:37 am »

It seems I should have checked the belly of my dwarves while they were training in certain danger room. One of my female spearmasters in there decided to give birth. The first thing the newborn baby saw from this world was a wooden training spear smashing it's head. Her mother is ecstatic after it.

Quite Dwarfy, ain't it?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #11755 on: March 26, 2011, 08:08:43 am »

Tantrum spiral because of some goblins killing of poor herbalists...
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11756 on: March 26, 2011, 08:40:27 am »

Me being me, I am embarking on yet another great location, after realizing that the last didn't have flux. So I embarked with 600 stones of marble. Apparently the name of my new fortress is Sholidlokum, aka "Clutchspears". And I must be wary of cougars. Who knew this game had a sense of humor that wasn't directly related to death by Murphy's Law?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11757 on: March 26, 2011, 08:43:04 am »

First engraving in new fort. It's Urem HealedReigns, the deity of war and fortresses, Urem is screaming... This does not bode well.

And then two in a row of werewolves devouring keepers. Fuck you, Urist McEngraver, are you trying to give everyone nightmares?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11758 on: March 26, 2011, 11:05:53 am »

looks like I was wrong before about the migrant issue looks like Migrants from the last player fort just move in to this one. my revised theory is that due to the fact I migrated from a previous active fort to another which lead to the force abandons. I guess the game checks on the recent active fort for stuff and due to me moving every thing over to the one next door the game couldn't check thus thinks the site is dead.
so the bypass it one must either reclaim/embark the fort you want to play around in adventure mode then use DFMODE to (save)swap over to a dead creature and finish the game causing the site to keep all the data while leaving it as a mountain home then play as a dwarf from the same mountain home the settlers came from move to embark site then (save)swap back to fort mode if every thing work you be able to play normally.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11759 on: March 26, 2011, 01:25:28 pm »

From what I can gather, here's what just happened:

Traders from the mountainhomes came by late autumn. The trade and negotiations were successful. When it came time for them to leave, they had to cross a bridge that wasn't there before, due to a moat construction in progress. One trader, instead of crossing the bridge, decided to wade through the water that was filling the moat. IN THAT VERY MOMENT the water in the moat froze - encasing him and his horse in a block of ice. Now all of my dwarves are in the process of extracting dozens of valuable items and materials from the moat.
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 3842