Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112546 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11730 on: March 25, 2011, 05:25:31 pm »

...why would you want orthoclase? i looked it up on wiki and its just one of the many magma safe stones

My guess is because he wants yellow.

EDIT: NINJAS!

Survived my first forgotten beast- a three eyed eight legged newt with noxious secretions. It didn't land a blow on my dwarves- I got a lot of "but the shot is blocked!" messages, so I guess those shields paid off. The secretions themselves were frozen, so I don't think I'll have an issue as a result of that. Unfortunately, the building destroying that was involved in its assault let a cave crocodile mangle the mason I had sent to repair the secure cavern entrance. The bastard got away clean, too, and is waiting back in the depths of the caverns. The guard has been increased.

On the plus side, the elves brought me a tame giant lion! Male, unfortunately, but maybe next year...

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: March 25, 2011, 05:35:47 pm »

@ Renzuko, prospecting as far as I understand it is a modded reaction that converts junk rock to useable metals.

The artists of Craftgates have a very clear favorite subject. About half of all my statues/figurines seems to be this:

This item is a (quality) image of Mimale Mosthailed the elf and Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing the ettin in (substance) by (artist). Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing is striking down Mimale Mosthailed. The artwork relates to the killing of the elf Mimale Mosthailed by the ettin Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing in The Horn Of Smoothing in the year 4.

Second most popular is the founding of Craftgates, which is at least sort of understandable.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: March 25, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »

Oh boy. Those noxious secretions are causing blisters to break out on affected areas, and I'm still not quite where I want to be in terms of hospital functionality and I'm not even close to done with the fortress scrubber. I don't see secretion getting tracked around everywhere, though, so hopefully its an isolated outbreak. Just to be safe I'm routing traffic around the FB corpse.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: March 25, 2011, 06:07:36 pm »

lol im aware of what prospecting is, i wanna know how to do it -.-;;

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: March 25, 2011, 06:11:30 pm »

Get the mod, silly.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: March 25, 2011, 06:23:35 pm »

Somewhere in the dark and nasty regions, where nobody goes, stands an ancient castle. Deep within this dank and uninviting place, lives Urist - overworked servant of the thing upstairs. But that's nothing compared to the horrors that lurk beneath the Trap Door - for there is always something down there, in the dark, waiting to come out!

I've just breached the caverns in Relicdoor to get a source of water. I spent far too long working on the bedrooms and dining hall and constructing the castle walls.

We're completely shut off from the outside world, apart from a trade depot airlock used for murdering passing merchants. Dozens, or perhaps over a hundred migrants have arrived and died outside of the castle walls - some to thirst, and others to the merciless fists of their insane kin.

We fell behind in engraving slabs and a violent ghost tore the right leg from "Moonshine" the brewer. This is what led to the sudden quest for water, though he died of thirst before I got the well sorted out. Another ghost just injured the liver of the dwarf I named after myself (Noooo! A dwarf's most important organ!).

He seems to be healing up ok though. Even if infection does set in he's already spawned Newbunkle the 2nd to continue the family line. I think a hospital might be a priority however.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: March 25, 2011, 07:25:16 pm »

Looking at my civ(it's a new game, for .22), it's got two entries:
Mosus Litastsat:      king
Ustuth Ducimmigrur: general/Drunk

I guess our dwarven military is the best.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: March 25, 2011, 07:35:31 pm »

My dwarves just brutalized a goblin siege. Usually I like to wait and let them spring some traps while they try to get in, but this time they caught the dwarves right in the middle of cutting down a forest. I immediately pulled them back, but two dwarves were too close to the enemy and frantically ran off to get sandwiched between a group of goblins and trolls. I lost both the woodcutter and the legendary engraver. This would not stand!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm quite proud of the military, not a single soldier died. One got kicked around a bit. All that yellow stuff is deer vomit. Apparently they don't bleed when you hit them with a bolt, they regurgitate.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: March 25, 2011, 07:37:36 pm »

every single human civ i've had when i look at the civ map ahve the king as the drunk

also, JUST HOW BAD is a dwarf that its considered a friggin drunk

also the actual mod would help -.-;; i tried searching prospecting and it just showed the dfhack prospect one that shows whats on your map
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:41:36 pm by Renzuko »

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: March 25, 2011, 07:41:49 pm »

Off to a surprising start with my new fort in .22. Two levels down through soil layers I dig into a large area of marble, and one level beneath that, microline. This fort is looking rich already.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: March 25, 2011, 07:48:04 pm »

Off to a surprising start with my new fort in .22. Two levels down through soil layers I dig into a large area of marble, and one level beneath that, microline. This fort is looking rich already.
microcline
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: March 25, 2011, 08:02:42 pm »

microcline
-<(*incredibly ugly blue stone*)>-

Hopefully I modded it so it is grey now. It just raped the color scheme of your rooms.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:04:35 pm by Naryar »

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: March 25, 2011, 08:41:09 pm »

The artists of Craftgates have a very clear favorite subject. About half of all my statues/figurines seems to be this:

This item is a (quality) image of Mimale Mosthailed the elf and Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing the ettin in (substance) by (artist). Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing is striking down Mimale Mosthailed. The artwork relates to the killing of the elf Mimale Mosthailed by the ettin Laci Sheenzenith the Gold of Scribing in The Horn Of Smoothing in the year 4.

Second most popular is the founding of Craftgates, which is at least sort of understandable.

What's not "understandable" about wanting to depict elves getting killed?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: March 25, 2011, 08:47:20 pm »

Well, it seems the FB stuff only causes blistering and no other side effects. All previously effected dwarves are healed now, although a new case flares up now and again when somebody walks through some of it. Unfortunately, I'm suffering the bug where dwarves stay in the hospital even though they are healed now- can't wait for the next update to get that chunk of the military back.

I also decided to fill up the well, as long as I was messing with my hospital. Right now the hospital is situated directly beneath the moat. There is a hatch cover there to regulate hospital water flow. The moat itself is dry now, pending the completion of floodgates. The half of the moat nearest the hospital is ready for operation. My plan was to open the floodgates, let the water flow way the hell down to the hospital hole, fill up the well and then close the floodgates and the hatch.

I'm used to operations like this on a stream- not a major river.

A FLOOD OF 7/7 water comes barreling down the moat. In a matter of (realtime) seconds, the well is mostly full. In the time it takes for dwarves to scramble to the levers, the well overflows and the hospital itself floods to 6/7 in most places, 7/7 in some. At this point I would like to emphasize that half a dozen dwarves are comatose in the hospital due to the aforementioned bug.

Somehow, they didn't drown. From what I saw, they were never in any danger. Just chillin under 6/7 water, resting, no other problems while random peasants frantically deconstructed the doors holding the water in the hospital. The waters are draining into the rest of the fort now, so no casualties. Unfortunately, the water seems to have washed the blood and noxious FB extract off of the dwarves and spread it out across the hospital floor, the hallway, and some surrounding rooms- including my main booze stockpile. I'm contemplating a uniform that enforces socks and shoes on ALL civilians.

EDIT: just as I posted this, somebodies pet rabbit bled to death. Presumably from blisters, as I don't see any other cause and there are no combat reports. A morbid portent of things to come.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: March 25, 2011, 08:56:10 pm »

Spoiler: HYDRA (click to show/hide)

All right, each of you take a head.

EDIT:

Good job, everyone. I'm sure you'll all survive this. Some moreso than others.

(killed by my blacksmith)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:24:35 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 3842