Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112308 times)

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11670 on: March 23, 2011, 05:33:40 pm »

My Clothier is possessed and mumbling about needing wood, cloth, and green glass... all of which I have. My Hammerdorfs are ready.

What kinds of cloth? Mumbling about cloth can mean plant-based cloth, silk, or maybe even yarn these days.

ETA: Live from the aptly-named Craftgates:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is apparently what my new potash maker likes to do in her free time. Punch buzzards to death. I smell a future militia captain.

Also, another useless dorf, after being promoted to manager, decided to make a sheepskin buckler and is now a legendary leatherworker.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:48:40 pm by proxn_punkd »

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:46 pm »

Well I got a young 2 year old fort right now. It just fended off its first ambush, and amidst the cleanup a forge worker goes all secretive and makes a b-line for my magma forges. He makes an adamantium chain called "The Courteous Depths". It could of had a better art image on it, but it's stll really nice and will make for a very nice well for the dwarves.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: March 24, 2011, 04:23:36 am »

The leatherworker entered a fell mood, killed a baby, and then made a bone ring.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: March 24, 2011, 04:46:21 am »

MY NEEDLESS AUTOMATONS BUILD THEIR MAGMA COVERED FORT BY THE DAY!!! I WILL SOON MOD THEM BACK TO NORMAL AND RULE!!!
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Darkweave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: March 24, 2011, 05:03:59 am »

Currently just experimenting with creating a sustainable fort using livestock and outdoor plants and embarking with only peasants, a few picks and an axe (in addition to the livestock). I've not played for around 6 months (though still been lurking on the forum) but don't want to start anything serious until 31.22 hits, looks like it contains a tonne of bug-fixes.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11675 on: March 24, 2011, 07:42:36 am »

I got sieged again.
Except this time my fort lost.
Stupid lousy drawbridge blocking my ballista..
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Moustachio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: March 24, 2011, 07:42:59 am »

MY NEEDLESS AUTOMATONS BUILD THEIR MAGMA COVERED FORT BY THE DAY!!! I WILL SOON MOD THEM BACK TO NORMAL AND RULE!!!

You're such a noob Shane, everyone knows you pronounce automatons "automatons", not "automatons".

fungee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: March 24, 2011, 08:17:56 am »

Something snapped in my head. I'm in the process of disposing of all tame animals in my fortress by feeding them to Jabberers I pitted into my danger room. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

After that's done those Jabberers will go through an extreme training regime trying to dodge those training spears. BWAHAHAHAHA

And if they don't die from that I'll have my military face their biggest challenge yet by fighting a horde of wounded Jabberers. MORE BLOOD
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.

ElthMysterius

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: March 24, 2011, 10:18:57 am »

I'm currently trying to mitigate damage from around 6 goblin ambushes ( just a sneaky siege, really ) that killed half my population and are now sealed out. A hauler had about two dozen bandages and stitches in him before succumbing to infection.

Immediatly, a wave of other haulers ran to his dead body, ripped out all of his stitches and wrappings, then put it all back in the stockpile.

That can't be sanitary.
"Strike the earth!"
"A section of the cavern has collapsed"
"Your fortress has crumbled to its end"
Yeah, in the future you probably shouldn't strike the earth quite so hard

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: March 24, 2011, 10:19:50 am »

That can't be sanitary.
But it sure is efficient!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: March 24, 2011, 10:43:12 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: March 24, 2011, 12:33:23 pm »

Running an ADV.Hermit fort with no sight of abandonment in .21, due to a strange chance of seeing a Dwarf eat sentient meat got me thinking could I lure/recruit/capture people in adventure mode then butcher them for nourishment?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: March 24, 2011, 01:05:08 pm »

A marksdwarf decided that the best way to shoot at the goblins was to run outside instead of staying behind the fortifications on the wall. I had to lock the door behind him for security. Goblin flail beatdown ensued.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: March 24, 2011, 01:28:36 pm »

Gakit, a huge hairy frog. It has thin wings of stretched skin and it has a bloated body. It's amethyst hair is long and straight. Beware it's noxious secretions !

It started to go in the underground lake my fortress is close to, I thought it was going to bypass my defenses.

It plunged into the lake, then just STOPPED rather than assaulting my fortress. I send on my iron-equipped military to take care of it. It still doesn't move in the water, stalking my fortress like an alligator.

I then realize it is just under a bit of rock, and that as I am underground I could maybe beat it with a cave-in. I dig towards the thing 2 z-levels above and end just above it. Sadly, there's no rock piton directly on top of it so I could cave-in a large piece of rock on the beast,, plus it was frightening my workers so I didn't knew if I could make it.

I then had the weird idea of pitting puppies and dogs at it to kill it or maim it enough

I launched like 15 dogs, nearly all were subsequently killed with only superficial damage to the beast. Obviously the dogs didn't have the idea of sticking together and attacking him. Maybe they didn't liked
the 1 z-level fall, or the water.

It followed by the hilarious sight of a giant steam-emitting hairy frog killing dizzy puppies, both in the water and on the ground.

THE good news, however, is that when the FB went BACK under the water chasing a puppy, my two marksdwarves (including my woodcutter who took a crossbow despite having absolutely no skill with it) started to pepper it with *crundle bone bolts*, *giant mole bone bolts* or an =iron bolt=.

Doing more than enough damage, including all his limbs being broken, heart torn and lung torn.

I think it bled to death, or asphyxied. I don't exactly got a death message for it in the combat logs, though it is shown as dead.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: March 24, 2011, 01:46:22 pm »

The elves traded me a male and a female tiger.  I gave them a good profit and hoped they would take that as a hint to bring more of the same next year.

I assigned them to the rabbit pen.  My one rabbit suddenly decided that it liked the opposite side of the pen for some reason...wonder why.

The airship is coming along at an ok clip.  Though it seems in stonesense and ogreseer it is far more colorful than it is ingame.  Unfortunate, but too late to fix it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 3842