Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111854 times)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #11595 on: March 21, 2011, 04:01:38 am »

Bronzebeards is just in its early stages and already I can see this is going to be my favorite embark site.  Tons of magnetite close to the surface (most have a pocket of platinum!) I only wish I didn't hit all the platinum pockets so soon. Down further there's pleanty of marble. I'll have a well armored fort for once.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: March 21, 2011, 04:41:05 am »

I'm scaping together steel by the single bar. Marble and chalk from the caravans account for all of my flux stones. I just about got enough steel armor for my veteran squad, that leaves three more to go. Though it appears even though I told all the others explicitly to wear iron, there's still a steel piece here and there. Sloppy dwarves.

The giant shrimp of death is still lurking in the deep and has left me alone. I've installed three traps with iron discs in the tunnel up, but I've no frame of reference for how effective these traps are going to be.

I dug out this beautiful pond area with little isles with statues on them and all that. But carrying by the bucket turns out to be ineffective with a large enough evaporation area. The underground sea doesn't refill either. I'll have to think of something there. Do 24/7 frozen rivers refill if you mine out the ice?

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: March 21, 2011, 08:05:07 am »

funk...one of my guys dodged a goblin, into one of the ponds on my map...i disregarded it cuz i just saw him standing there, didnt realise he was drowning, during the ambush i saw him die ;.; he was my hammerdwarf that nearly got raped by a minotaur...i might just make him his own tomb

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: March 21, 2011, 09:05:19 am »

My goblin grinder caught an invisible snatcher, and since I hadn't installed weapon traps in it yet, the goblin was forced to wander from one end to the other until it was revealed by my carpenter's pet duck, which promptly knocked the snatcher into the pit.
lol, this is stuff I love about DF :D
genning a world, very very low resources for fun, lotsa civs. short history.
!!Fun!!
P.S. Will embark on volcano.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: March 21, 2011, 10:31:40 am »

I had 8 female dwarves in 8 1 dwarf squads of crossbowdwarfs, so they wouldn't get their kids killed, was the thought.
Well, none of them would train at all and so I decided to use them to kill the FBs that were languishing in the caves.
They all rushed it and smashed it to bits with their steel crossbows, then did the same to the next one. Damn, I really wanted them to die...

After half of them had starved in the caves, I suddenly realized: I had forgotten to assign them any ammo.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #11600 on: March 21, 2011, 10:49:39 am »

"The forgotten beast Vutu Thacsumsimo Amsir Bitrak has come! An enourmous humanoid composed of nickel. It has wings and a bloated body. Beware his fire!"

What a good luck i have! A nearly-invincible as my first (or, if i include that skinless elk that killed the last dorf of my last fort after 70 of them died due to a steel-scaled dragon, second) forgotten beast! And it's on my first cavern layer, where i haven't completely walled off the area but only builded a bridge!

Spoiler: COMBAT REPORT! (click to show/hide)

mmm... did i said something like "nearly-invincible" ?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:25:14 am by Iados »

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: March 21, 2011, 11:15:46 am »

Some migrants have arrived.

Among them...

Yeah. Um. I wonder where they got those bone carver and butcher levels?

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: March 21, 2011, 11:25:54 am »

Some migrants have arrived.

Among them...

Yeah. Um. I wonder where they got those bone carver and butcher levels?

I always choose my butcher when selecting a chief medical dwarf. I think it instills confidence in the patients.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: March 21, 2011, 11:41:29 am »

"The forgotten beast Vutu Thacsumsimo Amsir Bitrak has come! An enourmous humanoid composed of nickel. It has wings and a bloated body. Beware his fire!"

What a good luck i have! A nearly-invincible as my first (or, if i include that skinless elk that killed the last dorf of my last fort after 70 of them died due to a steel-scaled dragon, second) forgotten beast! And it's on my first cavern layer, where i haven't completely walled off the area but only builded a bridge!
The stair leading to the caverns below.
1 tile wide, 1 tile long, 24 z-levels deep

Can you designate its body parts for melting? If so, how many bars does it return?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: March 21, 2011, 01:04:11 pm »

In Lockgranite...

A vile force of darkness has arrived!

-headdesk- I'M NOT READY~

Burrow, activate!

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11605 on: March 21, 2011, 01:23:34 pm »

The stair leading to the caverns below.
1 tile wide, 1 tile long, 24 z-levels deep

Can you designate its body parts for melting? If so, how many bars does it return?
No matter the material of the FB/Titan, its body parts never leave any more than what you can expect from any other animal, alas. In fact, I don't even think you get any meat/teeth/fat/etc back with an inorganic beast.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:01 pm »

alright, so my miners got some cotton candy out of the ground, dwarfy friends, which chould i make first, weaponry, or armor?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:44 pm »

Mechanisms and socks.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: March 21, 2011, 03:11:16 pm »

alright, so my miners got some cotton candy out of the ground, dwarfy friends, which chould i make first, weaponry, or armor?

Yes to both.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: March 21, 2011, 03:36:35 pm »

Hammers. Shields.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 3842